SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Joplin , MO, takes a big hit by a tornado

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

I have to agree with OJ on this one. A god who is not in complete control over all the elements is a god who is not worthy of worship IMO. God does allow the devil to exercise some power but it is still God who is in control, ordaining all things according to His purposes. He is not some passive weak god who is subjected to his creation. He is the Almighty who reigns over all things. He uses even the devil to accomplish His purposes, though we may not fully understand how that works at times.

2011/5/23 22:28Profile
rbanks

Re: Please explain

Quote:
Please explain by mackaymarsh on 2011/5/23 19:25:12
Quote:
by rbanks on 2011/5/23 19:17:57 2 Corinthians 4:3-4 (KJV) 3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: 4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Would you please explain yourself? God bless you, Wayne

Meaning the devil has control over people until they come the light of Christ and are set free.

There are works of the devil as well as the works of God. We know that God ultimately will triumph over all in due time.

Blessings brother no pun intended.

2011/5/23 22:35Profile
mackaymarsh

Re:

Quote:
by rbanks on 2011/5/23 19:27:28
Quote:
Yes, but even the killing of these children in Bethlehem was a fulfillment of prophecy was it not?

There are some prophesies Jesus and his people fulfilled and there are some prophesies Satan and his people fulfilled. We need wisdom to know the difference. Blessings!

I do know one thing, God has it all under his watchful eyes; I trust Him.

Here is the scripture I was referring in case others would like to see it;

Matthew 2:16 Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.

Matthew 2:17 Then was fulfilled that which was spoken by Jeremy the prophet, saying,

Matthew 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are not.

My prayer are with all those affected by the recent tornadoes including the one 1/4 mile from my home on April 27th. It was the first of many that hit our area that day.

My trust is in God and His precious Son, Jesus!
May God bless you,
Wayne

2011/5/23 22:37Profile
rbanks

Re:

2 places in the bible where Jesus Wept.

Both times it was because people did not understand the use of His power.

Many err because they do not know the scriptures nor the power of God.

Blessings!

2011/5/23 22:42Profile

Re:

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Amos 3:6 Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it?

Nah 1:3 The Lord is slow to anger, and great in power, and will not at all acquit the wicked: the Lord hath his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet.

There is no debate about who the source of this is.

God is in control.

OJ

2011/5/23 22:44
rbanks

Re:

Blessings to you mackaymarsh

I appreciate your love for God and sincerity.

My last post was not to you just in general.

2011/5/23 22:45Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Quote:
2 places in the bible where Jesus Wept. Both times it was because people did not understand the use of His power. Many err because they do not know the scriptures nor the power of God.

I thought it was because of their unbelief in Him.

2011/5/23 22:47Profile
mackaymarsh

Re:

Quote:
by rbanks on 2011/5/23 19:42:38 2 places in the bible where Jesus Wept. Both times it was because people did not understand the use of His power. Many err because they do not know the scriptures nor the power of God. Blessings!

It may be that we are just talking around each other. For my part I am very sorry and will end it here. It's twice you've questioned me, once my salvation and now I don't understand the scriptures.

This is getting way over my head and I will leave with this scripture which I believe I do understand.

Mat 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

I trust that includes storms.

God bless you,
Wayne

2011/5/23 22:49Profile

Re:

The Christians that died in the storm, where are they? They are receiving their eternal reward. Those who hated God that died in the storm, where are they? They are being reserved for the time of receiving their just reward as well.

The Christian who lost everything in the storm, what do they have left? Christ who is everything, so what did they lose when they have everything in Christ? Nothing. The lost who lost everything in the storm, what do they have left? Nothing. So what did they lose in the storm? Everything.

So what was the purpose of the storm? To show all that if you hold on to anything but Christ it is worth nothing, but to hold on to Christ is worth everything.

OJ

2011/5/23 22:53
rbanks

Re:

Quote:
There is no debate about who the source of this is. God is in control.

Just because God is the source of everything and in control does not mean He wills and desires everything that is going on under his watchful eye.

Be not unwise but understanding what the will of the Lord is.

Blessings!

2011/5/23 22:55Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy