SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : The Feminization of Christendom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
But Jesus did not commit Himself unto them, because He knew all men.

Where does it say in that passage that He was their husband, and that they were the church? Or that He didn't love them? Even still, it didn't prevent Him from taking on a fate worse than death itself on their behalf, even though He didn't entrust Himself to them.

2011/5/13 21:20

Re:

One feeds the other; the lack of masculinity can result in women in the church taking up the roles meant for men. Men become so passive that women begin to take up the reigns and end up wearing the pants (speaking figuratively). Thereby women become less feminine. Whenever i find a woman who is domineering, controlling, it is almost always the case that her husband is also passive. Like Ahab. Of course, it is not always clear which came first, his passivity or her domineering.

2011/5/13 23:29

Re:

Quote:
Of course, it is not always clear which came first, his passivity or her domineering.

That's a good point. On a similar note, I heard a study one time saying many times when premarital fornication is at play in a relationship, it will create a role reversal in the relationship after marriage. I'm not saying this is the case with everyone mind you, but the way things are getting, even with those who take on the name of Christ, it wouldn't surprise me to see this potentially being the case many a time.

2011/5/14 0:00
sonsigns

Brumley Missouri

Re: The Feminization of Christianity

Here we go... Here is a prime example of division among the church. The true church of Jesus Christ, is going to preach Jesus and him crucified.

Let's talk about worship for a moment, a lot of churches are getting away from opening a hymnal. Instead they are playing music that will draw more kids into the building. There is no problem with this however, is it Holy, edifieing to the body of believers ie, older folks over fourty?

Our worship service resembles more of a concert than true worship in the house of God.

Now onto sermons. When was the last time you heard a sermon on the Judgement seat of Christ? there is a good one on this site by Leonard Ravenhill, go listen to it.

How about a teaching on evangelism? When was the last time you help bring in a lost soul from the clutches of this world? Have you ever?

I see a lot of these mega churches promoting concerts over the meat of the word and a lot of smaller churches closing their doors because the congregation are moving from church to church because of signs, wonders and what they call Holy Spirit annointed concerts.

I have never attended a church that had over 200 members. I have seen these mega churches on my way to Branson MO and in larger cities. They look more like theaters than a church.

I wonder if you have to purchase a ticket before the entertainment begins?

Just remember when you pass a church that has closed its doors, that "no one worships here any more". Why? Lack of Prayer, lack of evangelism, lack of faith? Yes, all of that and maybe because the worship service wasn't replaced with the top 10 billboard songs and the preaching was to harsh and crushed to many toes for the more humanistic christian.

P.S. This is not about feminism or maleism, this is pure humanism! Listen to Paris Reidhead's sermon 10 shekles and a shirt. Then get alone with God and get to know him on a personal level. Live Matthew chapter 5,6&7.

do it today or you may go astray.

2011/5/14 0:58Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Insightful article.

After I read it I wondered how this feminization began. I do not think it began suddenly but occurred over a period of time. As I think about this I conclude it must have begun when the family moved from countryside to the city. In the country the dad worked hard to provide for the family with all the children chipping in to help. Among other things the boys were hunters - they hunted animals for food, dressed it for human consumption. They got up with the sun because there were chores to be done before they could go to school. Children knew their own well-being depended on their contribution to the work being done on time AND in cooperation with the rest of the family. The family worked together hard and played hard. And stayed together. In the midst of all this, dad was taking charge and leading the family in delegating responsibilities.

Children worked with dad. Children learned there are dangerous machinery to be dealt with and that one needed to be careful, be responsible. Children also learned there are animals that can get get after you and injure you. Life on the farm was dangerous, at times. But we all took it in stride, girls as well as boys. Life was tough and rough.

In the mid 1900s the family abandoned the farm for the city. Boys no longer were taught to work hard physically and instead sat around the house and imbibed too much of the feminine that is inherent in women. Mothers work to protect her brood and as a result their male tendencies to play rough and tough were thwarted. Except for football. But this consists of a small part in ones daily routine.

When I became a mom it was a real challenge to teach my boys to not be wimps, to be adventuresome and take risks that are normal for males. Let them climb trees, get dirty, do dangerous things (not foolish things),let them learn to be tough.

Too many moms are working so hard to protect their children from the consequences of hard play and work that it is working to destroy survival instincts. It is making wimps out of the boys and the girls are not learning how to manage the household, either. Too many are couch potatoes, lazy....

This is the practical and what I have seen happen in life, in culture. What happens on the practical level will also impact the church level as well.

The solution, in my opinion, is to move out into the country, get a few acres and some animals. Make the children assume responsibility for the animals. Let the boys get guns and go hunting for food; buy fishing equipment and let them fish for food. And in the meantime, show them how wonderful God made the world and his creation. There will be many opportunities to do so. Do not shield your children from the cycle of birth, life and death. Powerful lessons to be learned there....

My understanding for whatever it is worth.

2011/5/14 1:19Profile

Re:

Lot of good stuff there, Ginny.

Don't forget the TV (Terribly Vulgar).

Fathers camp out in front of it on weekends. They are AWOL. Absent without leave.

Sons mimic them and play video games all day.

Everybody wants their entertainment (which feeds the feminine spirit) and at the same time use entertainment as a babysitter for their kids.

There is no relationship building or getting out of the living room and exploring life.

No time for TV in the country.

Satan has strategies and plans against the Church and executes them.

A777

2011/5/14 1:26
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Satan has strategies and plans against the Church and executes them.

Does he ever! He is content to do it by degrees, ever so slowly, so slow it is almost imperceptible. If he would move faster folks would get alarmed and work to correct it before it got too bad.

You are ever so correct about the influence of the idiot box on children...after it came the video games with all its cousins. To women it is the cell phone...too many have it glued to their ear. People are suffering from electronic addiction...husbands, children are ignored because mom is on the phone yapping or texting or checking out the latest...oh it just gets worse.

I do wonder what kind of catastrophic event - apart from Jesus second coming - it would take to destroy people's love affair and dependence on electronics?

2011/5/14 6:51Profile
savannah

Re: marriage and would-be marriage counsellors

Hi Enochh,

May God strengthen you at this time.
May God teach you at this time.
May God draw you closer to Him at this time.

I offer you no cliches nor do I throw scripture upon your head.

May God lead you on now as to "...where to go next."

Too many are too quick to give two cents when too young and too inexperienced.

Case in point:

EverestoSama

1) he's young
2) he's single
30 he's inexperienced

he ignorantly says, "It's an awesome thing to be a husband."
But he isn't one. As true as that statement is in itself.

Again EverestoSama insensitively and unsympathetically says,

"You can sit in your apartment and feel as right and as justified as you want..."

It's obvious EverestoSama has much to learn. Methinks he may have had more to say to Job than all of Job's other comforters. And maybe more to say than even Job's wife.

May God speak to you through these verses.

Jer 3:1 "If a man divorces his wife and she goes from him and becomes another man's wife, will he return to her? Would not that land be greatly polluted? You have played the whore with many lovers; and would you return to me? declares the LORD.

Jer. 3:8 And I watched. When for all the causes for which the apostate Israel committed adultery, I sent her away and I gave the writ of her divorce to her. Yet her treacherous sister Judah did not fear, but she also went and fornicated.

Jer 3:20 Surely as a wife treacherously departeth from her husband, so have ye dealt treacherously with me, O house of Israel, saith the LORD.

Hosea 2:1-3 Say to your brothers, Ammi, and to your sisters, Ruhamah." Contend with your mother, contend, for she is not My wife, and I am not her husband. And she shall take away the signs of her prostitutions from her face, and of her adulteries from between her breasts,lest I should strip her naked and put her forth as on the day of her birth and make her as a wilderness and set her as an arid land and put her to death with thirst.

Lest any accuse me of promoting or implying divorce for any cause,be it known that I in no wise am doing so by presenting these verses. I do so for you Enochh, that you might know God's compassion in your distress. As you can see,God explicitly expresses his disfavor with unlawfully unsubmissive behavior. Do not think it is a sin to express your displeasure with your wife's unlawfully unsubmissive behavior.

And I do not say that for you to dismiss grace toward her,but rather that you may be strengthend in all grace,and that grace may abound in you more and more.

If you've never watched Tim Conway's address to mostly men in a home Bible study called "Choosing A Wife", I'd encourage you to do so. He speaks with passionate understanding,experience and wisdom.

Below is a link to view it:

http://illbehonest.com/Choosing-a-Wife-Beauty-is-Vain-Tim-Conway

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take to you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Eph 6:10-13

2011/5/14 7:26Profile

Hi Everest,

Quote:
Where does it say in that passage that He was their husband, and that they were the church? Or that He didn't love them? Even still, it didn't prevent Him from taking on a fate worse than death itself on their behalf, even though He didn't entrust Himself to them.

I agree, He didn't. But He isn't espoused to be married to those for whom He died, who do not accept the implications of His Headship. Unless they WANT to come under His Headship, He will not be an HUSBAND to them. Even those who proclaim themselves espoused must show themselves separated unto no other loves, or they will not be at the great consummation.

2011/5/14 8:20

Re:

Deleted. Solomon got to me.

2011/5/14 9:03

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy