SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : David Wilkerson's last sermon?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Will

Auckland, New Zealand

David Wilkerson's last sermon?

I don't mean to be superstitious or reading into anything, but it would be very interesting to hear/watch David Wilkerson's last sermon... does anyone know what his last message was about?

2011/4/28 7:01Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: David Wilkerson's last sermon?

This is his last sermon (on tscnyc.org)....

Jesus - The Lamb of God David Wilkerson
http://media.tscnyc.org/mp3/20100404S1.mp3

April 4, 2010 – This message is for those who are on a search for peace and hope but you are experiencing emptiness and guilt because of the sin in your life. Maybe you are trying to figure out a way to “get to” God and pay Him back for all the sins you committed. The good news is that Jesus is the Lamb of God; the perfect sacrifice for all mankind. If you simply come to Jesus and believe His Word you will be forgiven. There is a cry in the heart of God to draw His people into His love and peace. All you need is found in Jesus the Lamb of God!

On worldchallenge.org it's this one:

EXPECT 2010 - Session 8
http://www.worldchallenge.org/view/sermons?filter0=&filter1=1&filter2=**ALL**&filter3=**ALL**&filter4=**ALL**&filter5=**ALL**

In the eighth and final session of our EXPECT 2010 Church Leadership Conference, Pastor David Wilkerson shares his heart about the importance of minimizing our distractions and busyness, setting aside time each day to be alone with the Lord and seek His face. He encourages this generation to overcome their technology addiction — put down your gadgets, log off Facebook, and take a break from tweeting on Twitter to spend serious time every day in prayer.

God bless,
Lisa

2011/4/28 7:29Profile
hoohoou

Texas

First off, David Wilkerson was a tremendous influence in my life. At a time when all was new and I was hungry David Wilkerson spoke with a seriousness that I needed. I had just been called to be a pastor when I discovered his sermons. He was really my first mentor in what it meant to really preach as a pastor. His legacy with Teen Challenge alone, much less everything else God has used him to do, will echo in eternity.

Someone posted this on twitter last night. It is supposedly from a blog post published shortly before the accident. What is said has nothing prophetic in it. It is simply a spiritual truth.

"Beloved, God has never failed to act but in goodness and love. When all means fail - His love prevails. Hold fast to your faith. Stand fast in His Word. There is no other hope in this world."

2011/4/28 8:13Profile
rufnrust

Indiana

Re:

What a word to go out on!

Good job Lisa.

Russell

2011/4/28 8:32Profile
shadyg

This is his from his weekly blog. April 27, 2011. Here is the link: http://www.worldchallenge.org/en/node/13112

When All Means Fail
by David Wilkerson
April 27, 2011

"To believe when all means fail is exceedingly pleasing to God and is most acceptable. Jesus said to Thomas, “You have believed because you have seen, but blessed are those that do believe and have not seen” (John 20:29).

Blessed are those who believe when there is no evidence of an answer to prayer—who trust beyond hope when all means have failed.

Someone has come to the place of hopelessness—the end of hope—the end of all means. A loved one is facing death and doctors give no hope. Death seems inevitable. Hope is gone. The miracle prayed for is not happening.

That is when Satan’s hordes come to attack your mind with fear, anger, overwhelming questions: “Where is your God now? You prayed until you had no tears left. You fasted. You stood on promises. You trusted.”

Blasphemous thoughts will be injected into your mind: “Prayer failed. Faith failed. Don’t quit on God—just do not trust him anymore. It doesn’t pay!”

Even questioning God’s existence will be injected into your mind. These have been the devices of Satan for centuries. Some of the godliest men and women who ever lived were under such demonic attacks.

To those going through the valley and shadow of death, hear this word: Weeping will last through some dark, awful nights—and in that darkness you will soon hear the Father whisper, “I am with you. I cannot tell you why right now, but one day it will all make sense. You will see it was all part of my plan. It was no accident. It was no failure on your part. Hold fast. Let me embrace you in your hour of pain.”

Beloved, God has never failed to act but in goodness and love. When all means fail—his love prevails. Hold fast to your faith. Stand fast in his Word. There is no other hope in this world."

2011/4/28 8:38Profile
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

That sounds like a great sermon. I'll have to listen to it.

2011/4/28 9:14Profile
dougr777

Re:

I will too miss receiving his monthly newsletter in the mail. His sermons in writing were an encouragement in my faith as well. ~ Doug

2011/4/28 9:28Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Lysa, thanks for all of your previous SI posts of Mr. Wilkerson's sermons. He has now joined a great company of saints. He has been such and inspiration and it is most appropriate that he leave us with possibly the most simple message he has ever preached. Even after all these years he still asks the Lord to give him eyes and a heart for the lost. An evangelist to the end. It is a simple message to the lost and he reminds us of this with his parting words. Is not that classic David Wilkerson?

2011/4/28 10:41Profile
ThyKingCome

Southern CA

Brother David is before the Throne

I am in tears praising God for using this dear brother in the lives of so many and to further the Kingdom of God. His last sermon was on the Lamb of God, and now he is in the presence of the Lamb of God! Hallelujah, praise You Lord!

2011/4/28 11:07Profile
grammienook

Re: Brother David is before the Throne

so where is the message? I'd love to hear it. Has it been posted?

2011/4/28 17:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy