SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The wrath of God in Christ's hours of darkness

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
SimplytobeWe

Re: The wrath of God in Christ's hours of darkness

I love all of the questions and scriptural answers in this thread. Very helpful to learn from the Source.

My husband and I were going over all the misrepresentations of the different holidays that originated as pagan, and were merged with Christian holidays.

And the subject emerged in our discussion - Why did God turn His back? Was He unable to look upon His Son because of the sin that He couldn't look at (without destroying His Son, perhaps?)? Or was He sparing the onlookers by darkening the sky's..? So we searched for "God's wrath when Christ was on the cross," and found this thread.

Thank you all for the scriptural insights.

2011/4/25 4:45Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote:

""So, are you saying that there is a vital difference between our sins being laid 'on' Him, and our sin(s) being borne 'in' Him?""

"Father take this cup", Jesus took all the sin of the whole world in His body, that is why the body had to die. A new body at resurrection is what came forth out of the grave and gave us our future bodies like His. Also the Spirit of Christ is born again in us and we now have the mind of Christ, the soul/mind being renewed to His mind.

We now partake of the, "cup of the Lord", the same cup, we are crucified with Him. Dead to sin and alive unto God by the incorruptable Seed of the Father giving us new birth.

If we believe, like Adam believed a lie, we believe the truth, we are born again and our salvation is true and complete being conformed to the Image of God's Son.

"As He is, so are we in this world."

In Christ: Phillip

2011/4/25 14:35Profile
juliwar1

Re: The Wrath of GOD in Christ's hours of darkness

Hi, I just by chance found this sight and read your question. Funny, because this has been on my mind too. Did God forsake his only begotten son? Well I have heard it preached that He did, but I'm inclined to think He didn't. I'll give you the scriptures and you decide and please let me know what your conclusion is. I will post some of the scripture and you can read the rest :)First of all we know ,Numbers 23:19 God is not a man, that he should lie;neither the son of man that he should repent...and it goes on... Well we know from that,He doesn't go back on what He promises. Well He promised in 1 Corinthians 10:13 He would never leave us or forsake us, and because He is faithful, never allow us to suffer more then we are able.Also with every temptation make a way to escape. Well we know Christ didn't escape the Cross, but I feel because Christ loved us so much he was able to bare so much suffering,(ALL OUR SIN) And also if you know where it is written that God cant Look on sin please let me know,because I am looking for the scripture. But Gen.6:5 And God saw the wickedness of man was great... it goes on. So I know He saw it also Gen 13:13 Speaking of Sodom,The men were wicked and sinners before the Lord exceedingly.So I take it He saw that also. Also not only does He see it He hears the cries,Gen18:20-21. Now in Psalm 22 it starts with My God My God why hast thou forsaken me? This was the psalm of David fore telling of Christ's death on the cross.. But David called God,God.But Christ called Him FATHER. You'll find that in the Lords Prayer and also in,Luke10:21,10:22,11:11,11:13,22:29,22:42,(23:34 Father forgive them for they know not what they do) In John there are even more times.Starting in chapter 4 all the way through the book.He called him Father. So in my reasoning I'm thinking Christ was always teaching us and to his last breath he tried to keep us strong in faith by pointing us to the Psalm 22 written by David in Davids time of trouble, 1000yrs before Christ death on the cross,to give us strength and build our faith, some details mentioned in Psalm 22 down to the exact words the Pharisees said and even the Romans casting lots for his clothing. Also in Isaiah 53.. all about Christ.Now I'm not a scholar, just some one who reads Gods word,so I might be wrong.But God was pleased with his son,he said so Matthew 3:17 And I think the way I cried watching the Passion of the Christ movie and being made in Gods image, I'm thinking Gods heart was breaking and at the same time,was even more pleased and happy with his son.So I would have to say, NO God didn't forsake his son.Now it's true God is a Just and Righteous God and he will execute judgement, but He is also a Merciful God. The fact that Christ GAVE his life no one TOOK it pleased God even more.John 10:15,10:17-18. You must read that :) Well let me know what you think.

2011/4/27 20:01Profile
juliwar1

Re: Cup of Gods Wrath

Hi ,I just wanted to add dont forget, this same cup will again, be poured out on man and the Earth in the last days.

2011/4/27 20:25Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

Welcome Juliwar1. Truly this cup is a cup of wrath! Looking at Christ's words in the psalms quote but a few: Why have you abandon me?, I cry out but you do not answer, Our ancestors cried out to you and were saved (but not me) or rather I am but a worm. Do not remain far away from me, Hurry up and help me, rescue me, Answer me, deliver me, rescue me,why do you reject me, your terrors overwhelm me, you pay no attention to me, and WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?

I would see these as showing Christ forsaken, abandon, rejected, ignored but only for a time. How could God rescue His son while He was in the process of pouring out His wrath upon Him unless we credit this wrath to another and rob scripture of it's worth? Yet like Jonah He was not forgotten. Thy Holy one did not see decay! It would be easy to see the Son subject to the evils of men who wanted Him dead since what is pictured is by the means of the hands of men, but they were but a means in the foreordained plan of God. The Father would crush the Son and be pleased to do it. It is not going to be fully understood by us in this lifetime but it is worthy of the effort and beneficial in the meditations of the saint.

2011/4/28 3:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy