SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Anti-Christ and what does the Bible say?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
That-guy0010

The Anti-Christ and what does the Bible say?

My question is What does the Bible say are the signs of the anti-Christs coming and what are some of his traits?

2011/4/16 15:59Profile
staff

Re: The Anti-Christ and what does the Bible say?

Hi Thatguy,
I would say their are signs of the time of the end rather than signs of the actual antichrist.
Their are some scriptures that tell us about him which I would have to look up.Their are also some types of him in the old testament in particular that tell us things about him.King Ahab is a major type.In the new testament King Herod is as well to some degree I believe,Yours Staff

2011/4/16 19:23Profile
savannah

Re: The Anti-Christ and what does the Bible say?

The Bible says:

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last hour; and just as you have heard that the Antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have appeared; from this we know that it is the last hour.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but the one who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This is the antichrist, the one who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3 and every spirit which does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard that it is coming, and now is already in the world.

2 John 1:7 Because many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and the antichrist.

Above are the only four places you will find the word antichrist(s)mentioned in the Bible.

I have found the following radio program insightful and enlightening:

http://www.edbudd.net

2011/4/17 10:29Profile

Soon coming man of sin.:

Anti-Christ is a man...and everyone will know him. He will recover from a deadly wound that seems impossible.

Revelation 13:2-4 (King James Version)

2. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3. And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast."

He will demand worship in the End Times; The tribulation period.

Revelation 13:6-8 (King James Version)

6. And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

7. And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

8. And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.".......

He will lead the final assault against the Jews, and Jerusalem...and signal the victorious return of Jesus, and his own disastrous defeat by Him. A"Signs and Wonders" Prophet is associated with him, who is also able to call fire from Heaven.

19. "And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

Doom of the Beast and False Prophet..[Armageddon}

20. And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

21. And the rest were killed with the sword which came from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse, and all the birds were filled with their flesh."

Jesus spoke of Him, [as did Daniel who Jesus spoke through..]

(King James Version)Matthew 24

14. And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15. "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16. Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:.....[then he spoke of Tribulation.]

I think he will be the Muslim Messiah...and eventually declare to be Divine....in the sense that Jesus said that when you see Me, you have seen the Father....This one will say..that when you see me, you see Allah!

Allah is real...but he is not God...but a wicked demon. I think Allah is the Prince of Persia himself. This coming anti-Christ will be possessed by him.

Daniel has a lot to say about him, as do the apostles...

These passages wrap it all together

2 Thessalonians 2

The Great Apostasy
1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of Christ had come.

3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition,

4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time.

7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until he is taken out of the way.

8!!!!! And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. !!!!!

9!!!!! The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders,

!!!!!10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. !!!!!

11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

This is the anti-Christ...soon coming.

2011/4/17 11:32

Re: Soon coming man of sin.:

Moderators please lock this thread. 1) It links to an outside source.
2) it is of very questionable theology.

2011/4/17 12:48
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Quote from Ed Budds list of teachings;

The bibical interpretation of partial-preterism is the correct interpretation of Rev. 14:14-20.

The whole site is not just partial-preterism, but pure preterism.

In Christ: Phillip

2011/4/17 19:37Profile
savannah

Re: This Thread

Re: Ed Budd

He (Ed) teaches the same eschatology of many noteable christians.

Men such as the following to name just a few:

J.B. Lightfoot
Phillip Schaaf
Hank Hanegraaff
R.C. Sproul
Jay Adams
Gary DeMar
Kenneth Gentry
Doug Wilson

Surely we ought not to boycott these men and their ministry.

Psalm 119:105 "Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

"...God is light and in him is no darkness at all."
1 John 1:5

2011/4/18 0:27Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

If someone proclaims falseness, should we not boycott them, or at least stand to correct them?

2011/4/18 1:20Profile
savannah

Re: boycott

I am certain these men would be more than willing to engage you, me or any others.

With the exception of Lightfoot and Schaaf from my list of course. But they're the very ones that I am 100% sure have the perfect eschatology now.

Worsip God.

2011/4/18 1:31Profile
savannah

Re: dinner date

As a matter of fact,my wife and I intend to have dinner with Ed and his wife soon...

...and I don't mean in 2000 years.

2011/4/18 1:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy