SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : "A Christian's Freewill & Those Days"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:

"SCRIPTURE: "God's love...through the Holy Spirit" (Rom 5:5)

WRONG CONCEPT: I will not love. The Holy Spirit will give them God's love.
RIGHT CONCEPT: I will love them as the Holy Spirit has shown me God's love. (As you receive God's love you make a choice to love).

PRINCIPLE: To love is a choice. We choose to love as God has loved us."

1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

1Jn 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

Mat 22:37-40 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment.
And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

2011/4/16 2:32

Re: "A Christian's Freewill & Those Days"

1 John 4
9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we MIGHT LIVE THROUGH HIM.

Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. No man hath seen God at any time.

If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us. Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.

Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

That little word 'if' has large consequences.

IF we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

13 Hereby KNOW we that we dwell in him, and he in us, BECAUSE he hath given us of HIS Spirit.

14 AND we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son [to be] the Saviour of the world.

When I first saw what John is saying in the above verses, I was tremendously comforted by the realisation that IF I loved others, God would endorse me by pouring in His Spirit, (again) by which I would KNOW that I dwell in Him and He in me, and this would enable me to keep testifying that Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world.

v 9: In THIS was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, THAT: ~
WE - - - - - - - MIGHT [have the opportunity if we take it - ie choose to]
- L I V E ~ T H R O U G H ~ H I M.

2011/4/16 5:04

Re:

Praise GOD. His WORD is Good!

Last night, Alive-to-GOD, these verses also 'blew me away', as they say. Moved me deeply. Especially verse 3:19. I don't know how long I meditated on just that one verse but it's truly the bottomline or as they say - "Keeps the main thing, the main thing." Somewhere on this thread is posted twice, a major number of His Words on this topic. HIS WORD is truly Alive!

It is very and virtually amazing when one dwells on just vs 19, in it's context here -

Eph 3:16 That He would grant you, according to the riches of His Glory, to be strengthened with might by His Spirit in the inner man;

Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye,

being rooted and grounded in love,

Eph 3:18 May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

Eph 3:19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge,

* that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

Eph 3:20 Now unto Him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,

Eph 3:21 Unto Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Thank you for keeping 'the main thing the main thing'.

2011/4/16 12:25

Re:

Amen, the Main thing is still and always will be The Main thing. Nothing on earth or no one on earth can take away from Who He is.

We do though.

Why do I love Corrie Ten Boom? Because she learned and then taught The Main thing and things.
I believe she was sent "for such a time as this" - for us - for what's coming.

IF a person doesn't learn the main thing = His Love - they won't have any easy time of it in our future - if they make it through at all.

I'm taking prophetic liberties from here on out and have to say it like I've seen it - that there are three specific Doctrines held by some that will make it all but unbearable in the days ahead and will determine whether they make it at all.

Eschatology - Soteriology and their Christology.

Not necessarily in that order and not all of those who call themselves by HIS Name wrest all three. Some only one of the three but nevertheless, it will hinder growth and risk their "remaining faithful unto the end."

Actually, should also throw in the doctrine of the Holy Spirit, as we have drifted so far from preaching on the absolute need for the Baptism of His Spirit in the Church.
We've excepted anyone's preaching, despite that some leave off these things or twist them beyond what is written plainly enough in His Word. We show His Word No Reverence when we give our ears to mere men and the expense of His Word.

How long would the Apostle Paul or John listen to the majority that we hear these days who have left off any of these essential doctrines???

No, we are not a "Sola Scriptura Church" and haven't been for nearly 2000 years.

We have totally neglected John 16:13 and have followed men as our sole teachers - thus have Grieved His Holy Spirit of Truth exceedingly and have caused "Truth" to become beyond recognition to the masses.
Woe is us!

And we expect to make it through the last days in this condition? With this much compromise? Throwing out the Spirit of Truth and His WORD - our only weapons of warfare and Strength of spirit. I truly fear that those we put the most confidence in may be our utter down-fall in these last days. GOD help us to return to HIM.

2011/4/20 16:00

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy