SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Magnitude 8.8 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Myself and everyone else in the area are fine. Thank you very much for your prayers. However, I will let you guys know if I grow a third ear or whatever from the radiation poisoning.

Oddly enough, as bad as this earthquake was, the death toll hasn't been as drastic as the one that struck around here about 15 years back or so. Still terrible though.

2011/3/12 18:47
mama27

Re:

Praise the Lord! Thank you so much for letting us know! Praying you will have inroads to reach people for Christ....

2011/3/12 19:16Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

we were praying for you and of course those effected.

That is good news the death toll is less and that you are okay. Thanking the Lord and continuing in prayer.

2011/3/12 19:20Profile

Re:

Alive-To-GOD left this post on the other thread -

Quote:
I happed across this page, where if you're on Facebook, you can leave a prayer for Japan.

http://www.mapsofworld.com/japan/earthquake-2011.html

We definitely need to keep crying out to GOD - the news updates haven't stopped -

"New Explosion Rocks Stricken Japanese Nuclear Reactor"
Published: Sunday, 13 Mar 2011 | 11:20 PM ET By: Reuters

A hydrogen explosion rocked the earthquake-stricken nuclear plant in Japan where authorities have been working desperately to avert a meltdown.

Japan's nuclear agency confirmed there was an explosion at the No. 3 reactor of the Daiichi plant in Fukushima, and TV images showed smoke rising from the facility, 240 km (150 miles) north of Tokyo.

Officials said they could not immediately confirm whether the blast had caused a radioactive leak.

Operators had earlier halted injection of sea water into the reactor, resulting in a rise in radiation levels and pressure. The government had warned that an explosion was possible because of the buildup of hydrogen in the building housing the reactor.

Japanese fears of a second tsunami proved unfounded on Monday, local media said, as the national weather agency made clear that it had not detected a wave on the Pacific coast.

Earlier, authorities issued a fresh tsunami warning, saying the wave could reach a height of up to three meters and wash up on the country's already-devastated northeast coast.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/42064920

The quakes just don't stop. Some getting nearer to Tokyo.

http://www.emsc-csem.org/Earthquake/index.php

Speechless.

2011/3/14 0:13
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Magnitude 8.8 - NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

Quote:
"I never imagined we would be in such a situation" Watanabe said. "I had a good life before. Now we have nothing. No gas, no electricity, no water."

He said he was surviving with his family on 60 half-liter bottles of water his wife had stored in case of emergencies like this. He walked two hours to find a convenience store that was open and waited in line to buy dried ramen noodles.

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20110312/AS.Japan.Earthquake/

I remember (I think it was Natan4Jesus) someone (paraphrased) said, "I'm eating less so when something happens, I won't require as much as usual." Something to that effect and if it's nowhere close to what you said Neil, I'm so, so sorry! I know sometimes I remember what I want to remember!

God have mercy on these people who must wait in line for essentials to life.

2011/3/14 8:51Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

I put on my wallpaper on my lap top a couple that we were asked to pray for from GFA. They are very thin and look so very sad and the young man looks frightened. He was the one we are asked to pray for that was falsely accused and in jail waiting his trial.

I put them there for several reasons, one is to pray for him and all the others facing persecution, another is to see the leanness of their bodies to remind me of how little so many have and how so much I have and to pray. And now the people in Japan. I think this has shaken up the whole world. Prayerfully take us all closer to Jesus.

When I found out of the quake I called family on the west coast. The one thing I said was now is the time to get right with God because we never know when our life will end. It might be too late.

Praying God will use everything to bring people to Himself and be glorified in all the earth. He is worthy.

2011/3/14 12:53Profile

Shadow zones of protection...

I had a talk with EverestoSama today;.[Grant ].. who abides in Kobe, Japan....[Skype..]; as a Missionary worker. I was worried about him, obviously..and mailed him earlier to see if he survived...and the damage done around him, etc.

He called me tonite...and as we talked,I asked how the quake affected him...and what happened when it occurred, he replied...."Honestly, I did not even feel it."

I was stunned...after the news coverage and devastation....it seemed you would be shaken SOME...

Anyway..."shadow zones" often occur in these phenomena....strange, Eh?

I was relieved that he was fine...and healthy to serve.

2011/3/14 20:51

Re:

It's been difficult to think of much else than Japan since the 11th. But as I go around the web, mostly what I'm seeing now is folks from here worrying about the economic or nuclear fall-out from this. As usual, we're worried about ourselves as a nation more than any others. I haven't really seen the grieving for those in Japan that I expected, but like I said, their off on their tangents of worrying about what Wall Street will do and if they should buy potassium iodide for themselves and what will gold or silver do, etc.. The prayer time has almost halted - except for praying for ourselves again. Like Zac hinted at, greed, selfishness and a lack of 'care' will be our down-fall and our brethren in the other nations may not even be left on earth to pray for us when our time comes. Oh LORD GOD forgive us all.

2011/3/15 2:18

Japan Quake upgraded to a Richter # 9 fourth largest ever.

The world body of seismologists, according to Fox News, has upgraded the level of the Japan Quake from a 8.9, to a full 9.

This makes this quake, the 4th largest ever recorded.

There is a sinister event happening, however, that could overshadow even this incredible destruction; Nuclear Meltdown.

A short while ago, this body also raised the danger level from a 5; to a 6..in the affected plants..out of 7. 7 is Catastrophic; uncontainable.

This makes this event in Japan's Nuclear facilities more deadly than the 3-Mile Island catastrophe in the 1970's,in New York, which was a 5.

Chernobyl was a 7. This event is still escalating in Japan...with mass evacuations, including American war ships, and some other relief efforts.

This is in God's hand. The Chernobyl meltdown caused thousands of square miles of rich farmland to in the Ukraine be uninhabitable for 1500 years or so, and cattle and goats in Northern Europe to give Radiated milk as poison; undrinkable.

Could the Revelation judgments begin to be released?....It is possible. Japan has systematically rejected the Savior Jesus as Western superstition since the Shoguns, and as recently as WW2, worshipped a Caesar type Emperor as the god of Japan....and after severe devastation in the first Nuclear holocaust, ever......continue to be one of the most Gospel hardened country's on Earth.

All of God's judgments have mercy wrapped within them...until they evolve, in His heart, to wrath.

This is not yet wrath....but Discipline; judgment. May God send true gospel ministers to proclaim the Savior in Japan. May multitudes there meet Him, and know Him.

Pray in this way. Send laborers, Lord Jesus, for the harvest is ripe in Japan today.

2011/3/15 9:37

Re: Japan Quake upgraded to a Richter # 9 fourth largest ever.

Could someone interpret these verses, from their own understanding - in view that this regards what will occur just before and then At His Return -

Rev 12:12 "Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them.

Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea!

for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath,

because he knoweth that he hath but a short time."

~

Rev 11:18 "And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come,

and the time of the dead, that they should be judged,

and that thou shouldest give reward unto Thy servants the prophets, and to the saints,

and them that fear Thy name, small and great;

and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth."

~

Mat 24:22 "And except those days should be shortened,

there should no flesh be saved:

but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."

2011/3/15 10:37

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy