SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christians Need to Prepare for Normalization of Gay Marriage?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Christians Need to Prepare for Normalization of Gay Marriage?

Though many Christians are going to try to deny "the obvious," evangelical leader Dr. Albert Mohler believes gay marriage is going to become normalized.
"I think it's clear that something like same-sex marriage is going to become normalized, legalized and recognized in the culture. It's time for Christians to start thinking about how we're going to deal with that," he said Friday on the Focus on the Family radio program.

Mohler, president of The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, was speaking in response to the Obama administration's decision this week to stop defending the 1996 Defense of Marriage Act – federal law that defines marriage as between a man and a woman – in the courts. ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/christians-need-to-prepare-for-normalization-of-gay-marriage-49195/

2011/2/27 16:23Profile

Re: Christians Need to Prepare for Normalization of Gay Marriage?

Well as of 40 views there has been no comment. hmm well that is a small sign of the bigger reason we are where we are.

Weve all been to silent about this over the years. We have been to concerned about being viewed as unloving. We have have not declared the judgment and wrath of God against sexual immorality. We have not been willing to speak pointedly about this before it got to out of hand.

This lack on united proclamation applies not just to homosexuality but all the other sins of America.

God has been disciplining and chastising America because He loves her. However we are continuing to be indifferent to the corrections.

Well, even now someone somewhere will be ready to try and reason and soften what I have just said.

hmmmm...

2011/2/27 18:47
cakesy

London uk

So what do you think about this. I mean I've heard so many people say we'v got to move with the times. But surly as bible believing christians we'v got to go by what the bible says. And we believe what the bible says then we should not conform to the pattern of this world.and if we are to be holy for god is holy.then we must be set apart. The bible means what it says and says what it means

2011/2/27 19:40Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
This lack on united proclamation applies not just to homosexuality but all the other sins of America.

Do you not think this lack merely exposes the spiritual condition of what is called 'church'? Seems to me the modern day church is little more then a beautified social club engaged in a lot of humanitarian work.

Yes, I believe we need to be prepared for the normalization of the acceptance of 'gay relationships'. This is just the most recent sin we have been pressured to accept as normal. If you study church history, you will learn there are other things people have been pressured to accept. Those that have not find themselves viewed as odd, legalistic, marginalized by the larger religious community.

My understanding....

2011/2/27 20:02Profile

Re:

Yes, I agree that we are more concerned with "humanitarian" work rather than proclaiming "repentance from dead works and faith towards God."

I still hope for another "great awakening" in America. I believe it can happen.

2011/3/3 6:18
mguldner

Kansas

This is all really interesting to see develope, sad to see, but still interesting. I remember when the show Will and Grace came about, it was the first "gay" sitcom. People were in upheaval over this show but for some reason people still watched and gave if profitable enough ratings to stay on the air. But eventually the upheavel slowly and surely went away because America became desensitized to this sin.

I have not doubt homosexual marriage will be normalized and if Obama doesn't get this past someone in the very near future will quite easily. Something Satan has learned about Humans is if it doesn't work the first time with a strong attack to back off and slowly creep in the works, this leaves the person in a daze thinking "how did we get to this point?" Look to the root if you desire to kill a weed.

2011/3/3 8:50Profile

Isn't this pretty much what Paul was warning Timothy would happen in the last days?

"This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth." (2 Timothy 3:1-7)

Paul goes on to tell Timothy:
"Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;...thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." (2 Timothy 3:12-17)

I do believe that gay marriage will be accepted and normalized and those Christians who stand for truth, calling it sin, even in the most loving and gentle way, will be ostracized, persecuted, perhaps even prosecuted. I believe we must be prepared for that, so that we can respond in a way that honors our heavenly Father and our Savior and Lord, Jesus Christ, whom we represent.

"And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will." (2 Timothy 2: 24-26)

2011/3/3 12:52
linda7

West Sussex, England

Re:

Yes, it's becoming more and more uncomfortable to live in the western world and to know how to respond. I don't believe it is a believer's job to judge unbelievers as they stand judged already, but to continue to give out the Good News and focus on that and to be a witness by our own behaviour.

The normalization of homosexual marriage will obviously affect those mainline churches who marry people who are outside the faith and do it in the name of God and supposedly with His blessing. That's the first thing I see. It will just prove, particularly in the visible churches, who is following Christ and who is not. Is it not just another step to build the one world false church system and do we need to be concerned about it?

2011/3/3 16:39Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Yes, it is so very, no extremely gross. It is on tv, in movies and on the streets. It is hard to take and the reason it is is because we have the Spirit of God in us. It is an abomination to us because it is to the Lord. He created us to be a certain way, man & woman, and to stray from that is sin. A gross sin. He is the Creator and He is God. Bottom line and His ways are perfect and pure.

I would like to say that we, as followers of Jesus Christ, must be so very close to Him daily that are hearts dont deceive us. We must see with His eyes and have His heart. We must. In these last days we are going to see things we have not imagined and we must have His eyes & heart.

Not in anyway shape or form to accept sin or to be soft on it but we must have God's love for the lost. For the hopeless, for the hungry and the needy. Can we say that when a gay person comes into our Church looking for something, can we truly, because it is God's heart we have, that we can love that person before they repented and surrendered? And take that person to Jesus?

I read somewhere where satanist invite people over and the way they win them is by their love and acceptance. Of course it is deceiving love and not of our Father. But what I am saying is that we must show the love of God at first or they will walk away. I know, I am a Christian and I go into a Church for the first time not knowing anyone and the greeting I have gotten has made me want to get up and leave. Just last Sunday I was invited to a Church and I was there for the whole service alone. Three people greeted me and the Pastors wife sat in front just to the side of me and she knew I was there and she had never met me. She never once turned to greet me, not even when it was said to greet those around you. It was a very small gathering that day. There was only one other person sitting by her. I felt bad for her.

My whole very important point here is that we must have God's heart for the lost and not a judgmental spirit. It really scares me that the Churches are lukewarm and self-righteous. And with the love of Jesus we could take one to Heaven. Or with a judgmental, hatred & self-righteous spirit we could turn one away or more and they end up in hell.

Let's all take more time to sit at His feet, to surrender our prejudice hearts and ask Him for His eyes and His heart for the lost. I believe He will honor a heart like that and He will prepare us to share with whom He brings our way. And please don't think I am saying to allow sin to continue in our Churches. Not at all. But to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and show the love of God to anyone who walks through the door. Let's be read up, prayed up and with passion for Jesus and the lost. That we can take that person and get them delivered, set free and giving God all the glory. It is happening around the world. Let's get on our face before God and be ready.

Please, I am not pointing at anyone here. I have just had a burden that our Churches are not ready for what is coming. That's why I am so blessed my Carter Conlon in NYC. He is preparing that Church for the days to come and to open their doors to the ones coming in. To open their hearts. They are praying ahead of time for their City. When I join them streaming on Sun. am at 7am Pacific time I pray for our Cities everywhere. God help us because we have been fat and slothful and gone after the things of the world. We don't have a burden for the ones going to hell or a clue what is coming. I know I need more of Jesus love. More of Him and less of me. So many are going to be so devastated and I am talking about the ones who call themselves Christians. Whose going to encourage them or take sinners to Jesus?

I praise God for the ones who are preaching this. Glory to His Name or the person who is seeking God alone to be ready.

Let's be ready with Holy Ghost fire & passion and take as many with us as the Lord sends our way.

2011/3/3 19:55Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
Yes, it's becoming more and more uncomfortable to live in the western world and to know how to respond.

How can those who name the name of Christ NOT respond in love towards anyone without Jesus?

Wrong or right, this is how I understand it... when they hear the gospel of the Kingdom, they will be broken in spirit over their lifestyle and I’m not talking about a message that was prepared beforehand designed specifically to heap loads of guilt onto them but when they hear the true gospel of the Kingdom all their shackles will fall off!! Wooo hooooo!!! Let’s pray for the gospel of the Kingdom to preached!!

God bless you,
Lisa

2011/3/3 20:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy