SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Could I get a Post Tribulation view if possible on the following....

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
hi,I understand that their are some differences even with people on the same side of the debate but you paint a very easy 3 1/2 years of great tribulation thats my point.
Their can be no gap between the rapture and the coming of the son according to this scripture.
37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be . 38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking , marrying and giving in marriage , until the day that Noe entered into the ark, 39 And knew not until the flood came , and took them all away ; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be .
and this scripture doesnt pay a pretty picture

21 For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now--and never to be equaled again. Thanks Staff

I understand now. You didn't start this thread for an honest inquirey, but to argue your own view. I won't argue this view but thinking you wanted what the Bible says, I replied, but shouldn't have, I see now.

AntiChrist will reign for 3 1/2 years. That's in your bible.

"37 But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be ."

It says, "so shall also The 'COMING' of The Son of man be."

This begs the question - How many times is He "Coming"?

How many raptures are there, if you look at Rev 20:4-6?

Before GOD, we are responsible to get our doctrine from The Bible and not from Sermons.
Sermons are GREAT, once you have your doctrine together by His WORD and His Spirit. Otherwise, how can you test the accuracy of a message. Most good preachers say - check The Word and don't just take my word for it.

People believe what they want to believe - the Bible says within the word "heresy" - so no one can make them see otherwise. I didn't want to believe what I saw back then because I was pre-trib for 9 yrs at that time. I fought it even after seeing it with His Word alone.

I'm sorry I entered this thread. I should have known better. Lesson learned.

2011/2/4 19:47
staff

Re:

Hi again,
My query is genuine.Terminolgy like pre post does not come from the bible but from teachers.God gives gifts to the church and one is teaching.Listening to sermons is valid and I believe scriptural.
I do not have a pre tribulation view.When studying the bible I noticed this huge discrepancy in what I heard post tribulation people say about the end of the 7years.
They cant have it both ways either in my opinion, we go through the worst time in history and still at rapture time we find that people are still living a normal life and that time had no effect on them at all.sThe view that the great tribulation wont be that bad after all doesnt just make sense.
Why did Christ give the examples of Noah and Lot in the first place.
I honestly thought some one with a post trib view could explain this glaring problem with a time line or a scriptures.Staff

2011/2/4 20:27Profile

Re: Could I get a Post Tribulation view if possible on the following....

Hi staff,

I wonder, could you answer this question? Have you ever lived in a primitive place, where there is no electricity, no flush toilets, no air conditioning, no drinking water in a tap, no tarred roads, no machinery involved in the farming?

Would you consider that - which is normal for some people - 'tribulation'?

2011/2/4 20:34
staff

Re:

Hi thanks for your post,
Jesus gave two examples Noah which had enough technology to build an Ark and Lot which Jesus said

27 They did eat , they drank , they married wives , they were given in marriage , until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came , and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat , they drank , they bought , they sold , they planted , they builded ; 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all
Sodom was a city primitive yeah and had none of the above you have mentioned.
But what I see when I look at both those examples is everything was as normal,it wasnt a time of unpheaval or distress.Also both examples clearly say that the very day Noah and Lot left their was Judgement.In fact the two angels rushed them along in Lots Case.
If I saw the Sun darkened etc Id be terrified much rather carrying on business as usual.I dont hold escapism.
I will thank God if he brings me through the tribulation and give glory that I was deemed worthy to suffer for his sake,but it has to be scriptural and logical.Staff

2011/2/4 20:55Profile

Re:

With our eyes focused on Jesus, the things spoken by the prophets concerning the end of the age were only meant as a side note. They were not meant to be studied and made into teaching and doctrine.

They serve only as a thought. We keep it as an observation. Very much what Mary did when she seen and heard, she kept them in her heart as something to reflect back on.

Our place is not to study the Sun or the Moon or even the Stars. Our place is to study Christ. When anything that is contrary to the word of God rises up, we'll know! We don't need to study about Satan. If we have any love for the truth, when he speaks a lie, we'll know it.

Observe only, and let us follow Jesus Christ in the full capacity of the faith that has been given to us.

2011/2/4 20:58
staff

Re:

Hi,
I think that the word is meant to be studied and that through teaching and sound doctrine we are rewarded.
In this case Jesus who was not just a prophet delibrately gave us these two examples so we would know what it will be like at his coming.We must not believe in coincidence. Both examples show that at time of deliverence the world was going on about its business.
If we observe only and not teach the body will not be edified.If we love the truth we will study his word.The word is to be used for reproof as well as encouragement.Thanks Staff

2011/2/4 21:12Profile

Quote:
But what I see when I look at both those examples is everything was as normal,it wasnt a time of unpheaval or distress.

I think the point I'm trying to make is that most people get distressed by change. However, even if there are changes going on all around, those who are not being guided by God aren't going to notice the difference. They didn't take account of God before, and they don't take account of God after. In fact, it is amazing how easily people - perhaps even Christians (Matt 24:48 - 51) can fall into behaving like the world - are ruled by their natural passions.

Isaiah 56:12 2 Come ye, [say they], I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, [and] much more abundant.

Anything other is possible only to the faithful redeemed.

2011/2/4 21:15
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Quote:

The Scenario is this,we have endured years of tribulation,the earth and its inhabitants are in a terrible state,the sun darkened,all of the nations mourning etc yet Jesus paints a picture of marrying,eating,drinking and of men being in the field working presumedly and women grinding.
How does that marry up?

Not all of the world is destroyed during this period. Indeed, as we see in the book of Revelation in regard to the city of Babylon, there is still a lot of every day life going on. Indeed, the merchants of the world are still carrying on and worrying about their trade and the products they sell, and finally "in one hour" judgment comes. Just because all of the world is in chaos doesn't mean everyday life isn't going on. If anything we learn from the Scriptures that man is still man, no matter what is going on in the world.

2011/2/4 21:30Profile
staff

Re:

Hi Again thanks for your posts,
Why didnt Jesus say this:

When Noah entered into the Ark the flood came,and destroyed them all.
Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot when Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.

INSTEAD OF

27 They did eat , they drank , they married wives , they were given in marriage , until the day that Noe entered into the ark, and the flood came , and destroyed them all. 28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat , they drank , they bought , they sold , they planted , they builded ; 29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all

The reason was that he was highlighting two things,
1.That people were living and sinning as normal,they eat,drank ,married etc
2.The second thing is Jesus was highlighting the time judgement came(( until the day)) and (but on the same day)
It was immediate.No gap is what he is saying.Once Gods people are taken out,Judgement comes.

As to part of the world being ok and other parts not then whats all the fuss aboutIn any scripture I see regarding the great tribulation I dont see that.Everybody is having a hard time.If we take either of the world wars for instance.Is it as bad as them?
Also the regarding Babylon as far as I can see,it is gone by the end of the 7years and thats what we are talking about the end not the middle or start.But I could be wrong on that.It says the sun will be darkened,How will grass grow and animals live?The food chain would be disrupted if it was more than a few weeks.
Before I started this post I thought that post trib christians didnt think the Noah Lot examples were actually the rapture or ressurrection but now I see that they do think that and I am amazed.
I am still not sure of post trib time line though for the rapture,Is it exactly at the end of the 7 year period?
In my opinion their is a better arguement for a rapture at the end of the 7 years rather than before the 7 years but not using the Noah,Lot examples or the women at the mill ,
Thanks Staff

2011/2/5 0:39Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

As to part of the world being ok and other parts not then whats all the fuss aboutIn any scripture I see regarding the great tribulation I dont see that

In Revelation, judgment is being poured out on the entire world. But clearly, not everybody suffers the same, and in differing degrees, for differing periods of times and such. You don't have seven years of total darkness or any such thing. In Revelation 18, the world while bad, still is engaging in every day life up until the final hour when it is overthrown. Everything hasn't come to a stand still. Life is still going on.

People are still getting married and doing everything else people normally do. After all, in spite of the great judgments, they don't believe the world is ending.

2011/2/5 1:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy