SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Amish: From Now On, We Support Israel

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

I do believe in one form of "replacement theology".

I believe those who genuinely know Yeshuah ha Meshiach will:

Replace their swords by turning them into plowshears.

They will replace their spears by turning them into pruning hooks.

They will replace their study of war with the gospel of peace.

Shalom atah be yeshua ha meshiach

2010/12/3 14:08Profile

okay

Quote:
I do believe in one form of "replacement theology".

I believe those who genuinely know Yeshuah ha Meshiach will:

Replace their swords by turning them into plowshears.

They will replace their spears by turning them into pruning hooks.

They will replace their study of war with the gospel of peace.

Shalom atah be yeshua ha meshiach

then allow me to ask you a question, under this proclaimation you made, then our military posture in America, vis-a-vis the "war on terror" is anti-christ?

our American servicemen and women are serving in sin?

that our invasion and occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan is sinful?

that we in America should disband our military, because by the very dint of manning the walls, according to your proclamation, this is sin, and not knowing Christ?

Now, if you answer that America is right in facing down islamic jihadi's, why is it that Israel doesnt have the same right of national existence...in fact, why is it, that of all the nations in the world, only Israel has its very existence brought into question?

why do you think that is?

could it be thats the way the god of this world wants it, thats the enemies plan and hope?

2010/12/3 14:30
makrothumia

Texas

Re: okay

Here is my answer.

What the world does is not my concern. I am not of the world any more than my Lord was of this world.

I only live here as a stranger and pilgrim. The governor holds the sword as God's instrument to inflict God's justice on the evil doer. I pray for them that so I might live a peaceable quiet life in all godliness.

What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? God will judge them, He does not need my help.

Although we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. Our weapons are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds.

Anti-christ is a spirit that has been in the world since the days of John the Apostle. Then and now there are many anti-christs. Their main goal is the same as the person they are serving. "The god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving that they might not see the light of the glory of the gospel of God in the face of Jesus Christ."

I am simply a servant of Jesus Christ. I am no man's enemy. And I do not fear being any man's target. I do not know men any longer after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

I love the Jewish people and rejoice that they are yet they are loved because of the Patriarchs. They are certainly not loved for any of their own inate goodness. They are as thoroughly corrupt as all their enemies are.
The modern state of Israel is as anti-christ as any other country that is of this world.

2010/12/3 14:46Profile

Re:

Quote:
The modern state of Israel is as anti-christ as any other country that is of this world.

finally, authenticity.

you couldnt answer any of my questions, adress any points i made, but i do know where you stand on Israel.

2010/12/3 15:03
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

Here is a link to a song that expresses my belief about Israel.

http://www.godlychristianmusic.com/Music_Artist_Details.aspx?id=2&groups=0&name=Alan Martin

2010/12/3 15:22Profile
StarofG0D

United States

Re:

Alan,
Which song? The link goes to all the songs.

2010/12/3 15:27Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

The Jewish Children's song says:

And in those days Juday shall be saved
And Jerusalem will dwell in peace (repeated)

The last part is my favorite, because it means

This is the name by which they shall be called
This is the name by which they shall be called

THE LORD IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS THE LORD IS OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS

Adonoi Tsidkenu

The shuvi. Both songs are from Jeremiah and were promises of God's future grace to Israel

2010/12/3 15:33Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
"Frankly, as God has given me discernment, there are some on this very forum, who have either hatred or disdain for the Jewish people buried deep in their hearts."

I too felt this was an unfair statement, Neil. And like Makrothumia, I certainly know it's not true of myself.

Nevertheless I do concur with Makrothumia that the modern state of Israel is anti-Christ. So are countless other world states. Saying that the State of Israel is anti-christ cannot be considered hatred for Jews any more than saying Communist China or the Dominion of Canada is anti-Christ -- which they are-- is the same as hating Chinese or Canadians.

...As far as the state of Israel being anti-Christ... you could discover that yourself by going over there as a Christian, and seeing what would happen to you.

2010/12/3 15:38Profile

Re: good, good

i like authenticity. AD....you might be authentically wrong, but at least your authentic.

one thing though, your last statement; i don't get the point of it, the gist behind it;

Quote:
...As far as the state of Israel being anti-Christ... you could discover that yourself by going over there as a Christian, and seeing what would happen to you.

what do you mean? did something bad happen to you?

2010/12/3 15:50
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: good, good

Hi Neil:

No, I have never been to Israel. But I do know of cases where Christians have been persecuted in that state. There was a case reported on this very forum of a Christian evangelist whose son was badly hurt by a bomb blowing up in his face.

And I have Christian friends have had some involvement in Israel, and went through very difficult things for the very reason of their being Christians.

I've also been told that it is illegal to evangelize there. I can't verify that one way or the other, but it's certainly not appreciated.

Oh sure, the Christians can come there and tour around and check out all the Bible places. No problem. Tourist dollars. But as far as welcoming the "in the name of the Lord..." I don't think so.

...And as far as being "authentically wrong," I have no interest in being wrong. I want to know the Truth, that's the deepest desire of my life. May I suggest that you yourself could be having some difficulty in seeing what I believe? And maybe even misunderstanding what I believe?

I think of the apostle Paul. No man loved his fellow Jews the way he did. Why, then, did they hate him so vehemently?

2010/12/3 16:08Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy