SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Fed Finally Comes Clean

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
Can't we come to the mindset that this is a special place, a place to be built-up and edified in Christ, a place to grow and glean and enjoy meaningful fellowship with other believers in the beauty of holiness?

I thought Pilgrim was doing that. Has he been bombarding us with News and Current Events threads to merit a correction?

If the news and current events section is something for the moderators, it should be locked out for all other members.

Personally, I don't want to know what is going on in the world, unless it's Christ related. If it's about the dollar, who cares. We have our own newspapers and cnn is just a dot com away.

Quote:
I think would be to try to lay off the "Current Event" section and instead try to post more in the "Devotion" section.

I do hope you mean Brother Greg as well, because he does it a lot.

And if our brother is exempted because it's his site, then to avoid hypocrisy, restrict the News and Current Events to Moderators only.

I am only observing and suggesting.

2010/12/2 16:53
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
I thought Pilgrim was doing that. Has he been bombarding us with News and Current Events threads to merit a correction?

No he hasn't, vice-versa, he has been a blessing. And like I said in the original, I am not singling out Pilgrim or any one individual. Unfortuately, it was his thread that finally warranted the response. I have no personal problem with Pilgrim or any one else. I am addressing an on-going situation, and not a man.
Quote:
And if our brother is exempted because it's his site, then to avoid hypocrisy, restrict the News and Current Events to Moderators only.

Actually, the News and Current Events section should function primarily as an information bulletin board for up-coming ministry events, and also to discuss current events that may have a direct bearing upon Christianity specifically. It can be used to address other topics as well, but in doing so we always run the risk of engendering an unprofitable discussion. We just need to use better discernment in this area, that's all.

But I promise you that I am not upset, offended, or anything like that. If my words convey otherwise, I humbly ask forgiveness. This was not at all my intention, dear brethren.

2010/12/2 17:46Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
A challenge for us all I think would be to try to lay off the "Current Event" section and instead try to post more in the "Devotion" section. This section is so terribly neglected, it would be delightful to see it enjoy the same fervor and enthusiam as some of these vain threads on current events generate. Pray about this, and see where the Holy Spirit would lead you.

Hi Paul. I agree with you on this a hundred per cent; I have observed that section to be neglected.

At the same time I have to say I appreciate items such as Pilgrim has posted here, and others in the Current Events section, that have increased my awareness as to just where things are at in this world of ours. I wouldn't want to see that neglected either. It has certainly helped me to see just how critical the hour we are living in is. My personal conviction is that great upheaval is at the door, great shakings, because of all this.

And in all fairness to Pilgrim, his many posts are Christ centred. I wonder if perhaps you could not have found a more gracious way to bring up your concern?

2010/12/2 17:48Profile
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
And in all fairness to Pilgrim, his many posts are Christ centred. I wonder if perhaps you could not have found a more gracious way to bring up your concern?

I could have been more gracious. You are right. I ask forgiveness from all who are offended. Please, if the Lord lay it upon your heart, pray for me and the other mods. We are only men. May God richly bless you.

Paul

2010/12/2 17:55Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Hi again, Paul.

I appreciate very much what you just did. That was gracious. The Lord bless you, brother.

AD

2010/12/2 18:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
I could have been more gracious. You are right. I ask forgiveness from all who are offended. Please, if the Lord lay it upon your heart, pray for me and the other mods. We are only men. May God richly bless you.

I feel the sincerity in your spirit brother, in fact I felt it in the last few posts that you've offered in other threads today. We are just men, and I thank God for all the men here.

God Bless You Too.

2010/12/2 18:08
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

Quote:
Actually, the News and Current Events section should function primarily as an information bulletin board for up-coming ministry events, and also to discuss current events that may have a direct bearing upon Christianity specifically. It can be used to address other topics as well, but in doing so we always run the risk of engendering an unprofitable discussion. We just need to use better discernment in this area, that's all.

I have posted quite a few news events, and I have probably had an imbalance here. As a matter of fact this has been a bit of an issue that God has been choking out of my life over the years. I am thankful you said this brother because I think there is a little bit of Apocalypse in my veins. My wife has confronted me on this issue dozens of times in my life and over the last four years I have seen God replace my passion over the wrongness of things going on in the world with a desire instead to show people Jesus love.

This encouragement revealed to me that there is still a little bit of a lack of submission to my wife in this area. I completely receive this and will be far more cautious and considerate about what I post in the future.

2010/12/2 21:10Profile

Re:

I'd like to thank SermonIndex for his contributions to Current Events. I may not always agree with everyone's sources - but "Current Events" to me are just a way to keep a Reality Check on the "signs of the times" of a coming one world government, economic system (like this particular thread we're on) and a one & only exceptable to the powers that be "United Religion" or whatever they finally decide to call a one-world-religion.

I never bothered much with News for my first two or more decades with Christ. Just loved and filled up on the Word and the classics ... but from '98 on - my only other pass time is listening to several sources for current events.
When I first got saved, GOD (it sure wasn't me) gave me a burden for studying future prophecies. It wasn't until those 20+ years of just reading His Word that I began to listen to the News.

I just see all of it as going hand in hand with the signs of the times - therefore to me - my only other pass time - usually from 10pm until 3am.
I don't watch TV or read secular books (fiction, novels) or magazines - just The Word and "News".

I think it's all important to discuss because whether folks are saved or unsaved - somewhere inside, everyone I meet says that they feel fear about where it's all headed and I find it to be a good witnessing tool.
Even Christians need to be comforted.

I see it all as Bible Prophecy.

Two years+ ago, on this same Current Events forum, we discussed the IMF and world bank taking over.
That can only happen if the currency in every nation is raised or lowered to be on a level platform.
That's what I see in posts like these.
We talked back then about Bretton Woods and the formation by the UN of the IMF and World Bank.

We talked about the blurbs coming off of the News during the crash of "going digital" (cashless) and that they were openly discussing the chip - even in IBM commercials on TV.

What calms fears of such things - "The meek shall inherit the earth" - our time here is SO temporary and then the children of The KING of kings will own the earth and everything in it, when He comes and if we're fortunate enough to go Home before then, we'll be in HEAVEN.
OH GLORY!

In this world we'll have tribulation - but He has overcome the world. He is not taken by surprise. He knows each of our ends and will never put more on us than we can handle, because actually, HE is handling it through us. (The footprints in the sand poem comes to mind :)

HE is ALL-Knowing. We were purposely born to this generation, by His decree. What an honor!

Those who don't know Him or His Word, need to see "the reason for our hope." - to forewarned, is to be spiritually and emotionally forearmed and enables us to help the shaking ones around us when the time comes and even now, as most are feeling the dis-ease.

I would rather see this forum as "Signs of the times in Current Events."

I like being forewarned. It only strengthens me. Thank you again.

2010/12/2 23:54

Re: Amen!

Amen!

Oh yea and the system is not sick or broken. It is working right into a one world currency just like the bible says. History written in advance so you the saints will not be in darkness!!. Lift your head up your Redemtion draws near!!!

1 Thessalonians 5:4-6

2010/12/5 0:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy