SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Paul Washer Walks off of Stage at TMC

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
Yes, the Master's College is run by John MacArthur, which actually surprises me that he walked off the stage there, seeing how much Bro. Paul respects John MacArthur. I listened to the sermon last night, and it really broke me. I can fully understand why he walked away if the speculated reason is indeed why he did. If they did not get what he was saying, and it caused him such sadness (you could hear him beginning to weep at the end of the recording) then I can fully understand. I would like to know why he did such a thing though, and if what we are guessing truly is the reason. HomeSkoolDad has a point, we must check our source on this.

One of the reasons could be that he did not want man to get the glory. ie if people were more excited to talk to and shake hands with paul washer rather then glory in the cross of Jesus Christ that paul was preaching about.

2010/11/22 15:52Profile
noone

United States

Re:

by Lesserlight on 2010/11/22 9:39:21

I cannot hear the sermon but as I read the OP ...... the speaker was talking about Isaac and Abraham and that the father just slaughtered him there ........ maybe the guy got ticked off because Abraham did not slaughter his son and nobody caught an intentional mistake

Possibly?

Doug

that was my first thought as well.

2010/11/22 23:30Profile
marrones

Re:

Paul Washer says, "So the story about Abraham comes to an end. The son is saved. And everyone sighs a bit of relief. And the curtains are drawn to a close. And you think "whoa" what a beautiful ending to that story. The only problem is it wasn't the ending to that story. It was merely the intermission. Generation after generation passes and the curtain in the theater opens up once more and there it is -- a cross-- a dark, twisted, ugly cross. And there's just enough light to see and there is a figure hanging there. It is the son of God bearing your sin. And then God lays his hand upon the brow of his son, his only son, whom he loves. And he draws back the knife of divine justice and he slaughters him there -- slaughters him there. [With Tears] Slaughters him there."

I don't know why he walked off the stage, but it seems that it was the end of the sermon. Nevertheless, it was a moving word. It was very poignant. It was the true gospel. A message of the centrality of Christ. Amen, Paul Washer, Amen!

More and more, I realize that America has more idols than India, and more demons than Africa, more secularism than France. For weeks now I have been disillusioned by church and "christian" people. I just don't know any more. I love Jesus with all my heart and I let him be all he wants to be in me. I just don't see that among the Christians here where I live. Most of them are apathetic. All they talk about is money and how much they don't have, but do need. All they talk about is how God can bless them and make them happy in their daily lives. I told a friend this passed Sunday that we (Christians) virtually do the same thing every Sunday. There is no fire, no faith, no fear of God. Nevertheless, most Christians I know (I know many) want to be friends with the world and friends with God. This is why I love a K.P. Yohannan, and a Paul Washer. They set the example for me. Would there were more such as them.

2010/11/23 0:35Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Brother Paul did not make an error.

God the Father slaughtered his only begotten Son,Jesus, on the cross. This is what he preached. The Gospel.

2010/11/23 0:47Profile

Re:

Quote:
More and more, I realize that America has more idols than India, and more demons than Africa, more secularism than France. For weeks now I have been disillusioned by church and "christian" people. I just don't know any more.

Welcome to the Great Falling Away, Today!

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 3:12-14

2010/11/23 0:49
RainMan

Re:

Quote:
Most of them are apathetic. All they talk about is money and how much they don't have, but do need. All they talk about is how God can bless them and make them happy in their daily lives. I told a friend this passed Sunday that we (Christians) virtually do the same thing every Sunday. There is no fire, no faith, no fear of God. Nevertheless, most Christians I know (I know many) want to be friends with the world and friends with God. This is why I love a K.P. Yohannan, and a Paul Washer. They set the example for me. Would there were more such as them.

I remember listening to a paul washer sermon a while back. He was talking about how God saved him. Id like to consider myself as a "Mans Man" lol but it took weeks for me to be able to listen to the message without crying.

Real preaching brings people to repentance. But nowadays people just want to "encourage" the brethren. I see nothing wrong encouraging the countless xtians in the third world that suffer for christ. But when western xtianity has got to a state where pastors would rather motivate/encourage people to do well in life(psoukay) than to repent and get eternal life it grieves me.

I really dont even want to partake in street evangelism with my church as it feels humanistic. It seems like im the only one that realises God isnt in this. Its just about getting people to join our sunday social club. Repentance has become an optional extra. I want to say something in my church about this but feel that i will be misunderstood and victimized.

2010/11/23 5:02Profile
Lesserlight

Re:

Quote:

Brother Paul did not make an error.

God the Father slaughtered his only begotten Son,Jesus, on the cross. This is what he preached. The Gospel.

if that is a response to my suggestion?

I think it is safe to say that Christians all know that Jesus fulfilled the blood sacrifices commanded by God the Father that is the same spirit that is in Jesus Christ the Son........yes God did slaughter His own Son as a acceptable sacrifice for the sins of man

It is also equally well known that Abraham did not slaughter his son Isaac but believing in the resurrection would have, because Abraham knew that through Isaac's seed the promise would come.

Maybe the video reveals something the OP does not but according to the OP Paul was speaking of Isaac and Abraham and not the crucifixion of Jesus when he made the statement about the father slaughtering the son.

If I felt that a class was not paying attention to me I would do something just like that myself to see if there was anyone present that would not deserve a failing grade.

Considering some of the doctrines coming from some of the pulpits these days people need to wake up and pay attention to what is being said.

I do not know this man from Adam but if it is how the OP says the sermon went, then this person just might have done these people a favor by showing them that they need to WAKE UP and pay attention to what you are listening to these days.

Blessings

Doug

2010/11/23 5:21Profile

Re: Paul Washer Walks off of Stage at TMC

To LesserLight,

Please read these two sentences from the OP again.

Quote:
The sermon on Wednesday today was mainly on Flavel's writings. He built it up with the story of Abraham and Isaac, and at the end he said something like, "and the Father slaughtered Him there".

By 'the end', he was not talking about Abraham and Isaac.

It would be surprising if this had been the end of Paul's message. In all the sermons where he has covered this ground, in these terms, he has had more to say.

2010/11/23 5:38
elected

Tulsa OK

Re:

Quote:
And then God lays his hand upon the brow of his son, his only son, whom he loves. And he draws back the knife of divine justice and he slaughters him there -- slaughters him there. [With Tears] Slaughters him there.

Jesus hanging on the cross forsaken of God, He who never knew sin became sin for us. How horrible must have been these moments of total darkness and utter abandonment from God. And whats sad is that when people hear the story of the cross often they are not moved but remain cold, apathetic, indifferent. Even the most orthodox colleges are not a garantee that people will be spiritually sentitive to Christ and his sufferings. People have lost the vision of the holiness of God and the cross.

2010/11/23 5:55Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

I know I have personally been insensitive to the cross, but just recently the Lord blessed me by helping me write a poem that as I read I have to hold back tears because it helps me think of Christ's innocence while remember my wickedness, to think of His Mercy and my great need of mercy. It has blessed me in the area of remembrance of what Christ did for me personally when God poured out His wrath on the Perfect Lamb.

2010/11/23 6:09Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy