See Opportunities to Serve with SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : prayer for me

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

prayer for me

My heart and mind has become really hard as of late. I have lost desire for Christ and am falling into sin more easier with less conviction. Saints please pray for me I can't explain how hard this is for me.

2010/10/7 19:05Profile

Re: prayer for me

Dear brother,

You need to read the Bible with a genuine interest in hearing what it says, and listening for God speaking to you. If not, you need to get 3D prayer from brethren with whom you can be honest face-to-face. My experience of making journeys to special appointments or meetings, is that it tests how serious you are about going through with God. He has already fought all your battles and won all your victories, but laying hold of those is what delivers us from the flesh. You know there is help available. Only you can put yourself in the frame for it by live action. David didn't just knock Goliath down, he ran up to him, trod on him, stole his sword and cut off his head with it. This is what you have to do to each and every enemy. If you can tolerate them defying the living God, defy Him they will. Only YOUR co-operation with God can stop them.

2010/10/7 21:05
DesertRose

Boston.MA

Here are some steps to help you C-O-N-Q-U-E-R
C-Confront any loss in your life allowing yourself to grieve and be healed
“There is a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance.”
O- Offer your heart to God for cleansing and confess your sins.
“If we claim we are without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins
He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness”.
N- Nurture thoughts that focus on God’s great love for you.
“I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving kindness.”
Q-Quit negative thinking and negative self-talk
“Whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy- think about such things.
U-Understand God’s eternal purpose for allowing personal pain and heartache.
“We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him and who have
been called according to His purpose.”
E- Exchange your hurt and anger for thanksgiving and give thanks even when you don’t feel thankful.
“Give thanks in all circumstances for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus”
R-Remember that God is sovereign over your life, and he promises hope for the future.
“For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.”

2010/10/7 21:22Profile
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

You are in my prayers, dear one.

The LORD God is merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth. Take firm hold of His promises by faith, despite what you feel.

I have often struggled with a similar discouragement. Victory is often closer than you think.

Do not give in to self-pity, but rather seek the face of God and forget about yourself as much as possible. This is our tendency when we fall into sin... condemnation and hopelessness is Satan's most powerful followup to other acts of sin. He will try to persuade us to think only about how rotten we are, and how "we have known better," et cetera, which is often a thinly-veiled form of self-pity. If you continue to look at yourself, you will never find victory.

I've found that sharing with others helps a lot! It puts things in perspective and helps us to see the broader picture. Find faithful brethren with whom you can confide, and you will find great blessing there. The Lord bless you for being publicly honest about your needs.

Above all, remember that Jesus has won the victory for you as others have already counseled. The power IS there! Confess your needs to Jesus, and He will meet you! Grab hold in faith, and never look back.

"Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?"
1 John 5:5

I will be praying for you, friend. Let us run the race with patience... it will be worth it all, when we see Jesus!

2010/10/7 22:07Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

I have been asking him to save me for a long time. I have tried to place my faith in him but still doubt. But I don't want to explain too much more, but in my seeking and reading scripture i have grew harder. I have been struggling with sexual lust constantly that has only hardened my heart, my heart is filled with hate, jealousy, bitterness and so many other things. I realize i am wicked but with not much conviction. I have struggled surrendering and trying to get closer to him, i just am really scared because my heart is just getting so hard, the only thing i can explain is that i feel like i am getting blinded from what i once believed and i don't know what to do anymore.

2010/10/7 22:45Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

I come to the point almost where i feel helpless with no hope. The more i seek after Christ the more hardened my heart and conscious i get the more people separate from me that are christians, why is their no mercy with God?

2010/10/13 22:35Profile
HeartSong

Re:

There is mercy with God. He is mercy.

Holding you in prayer.

2010/10/13 23:15Profile
HeartSong

Re:

Turn your eyes upon Jesus.

2010/10/14 2:06Profile
bible4life

Locport, Illinois

Re:

i was thinking of that today and i hope the lord will not let me go.

2010/10/14 19:12Profile
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Re:

Dearest Bible4Life,

Do not entertain these thoughts about our good and gracious God. It seems to me as though you are looking at the magnitude of your sins, instead of the magnificent grace and unchanging mercy of God.

I'm sure you have heard it all before, but it's not a bad thing to be reminded (Philippians 3:1). It builds our faith. I sure need to be reminded of the promises God has given me!

What does Jesus say? "All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men" (Matthew 12:31.)

If you even have a smidge of conscience left, then dear heart, the Holy Ghost is still speaking to you. That means you are still able to be forgiven! There is "a fountain opened for sin and uncleanness..." (Zechariah 13:1)

Reach out to Jesus in faith and take your sins to Him. Just "tell it like it is," and cry out to Him. TRUST that by doing so, He will receive you and give you power.

Faith, mighty faith, the promise sees
and looks to God alone;
Laughs at impossibilities,
and cries, "IT SHALL BE DONE!"
(Charles Wesley)

Throw away the ridiculous idea of a God in heaven that is baiting and testing and pinching and poking just to see what you will do. That is a lie from the Enemy, besmirching the character of the Lord. If you continue to see God this way, it will plague and consume you.

Our Lord has said that "TODAY IS THE DAY OF SALVATION," and that "GOD IS LONG SUFFERING TO US-WARD". Until the Day of Judgment, it is the Day of Grace. Never, never doubt that.

This old, familiar song blesses me every time I go through a fiery trial. Please read it carefully and realize that this is the right and privilege of all who follow Jesus. I have selected my favorite verses, in the hopes that they will give you strength too:

How firm a foundation, ye saints of the Lord,
Is laid for your faith in His excellent Word!
What more can He say than to you He hath said,
Who unto the Saviour for refuge have fled?

Fear not, I am with thee, O be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid;
I’ll strengthen and help thee, and cause thee to stand
Upheld by My righteous, omnipotent hand.

When through the deep waters I call thee to go,
The rivers of sorrow shall not overflow;
For I will be with thee, thy troubles to bless,
And sanctify to thee thy deepest distress.

The soul that on Jesus has leaned for repose,
I will not, I will not desert to its foes;
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I’ll never, no never, no never forsake.

The full text of the hymn is here: http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/h/f/hfirmafo.htm

The worst thing to do is to give up! Cast away your doubts and cling to Jesus. He will not, He will not, desert you to your foes. Trust His faithfulness, even though the circumstances may make it seem like there is no hope.

I am still praying for you, dear one. You are precious in the sight of God.

2010/10/14 21:03Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy