SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Tabernacle of David

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
David's Tabernacle was meant to be different than Moses' Tabernacle and no, David was not being rebellious, otherwise God would have shown His displeasure, manifestly so.

2 Chronicles 1:3-4 (New American Standard Bible)

3Then Solomon and all the assembly with him went to the high place which was at Gibeon,for God's tent of meeting was there, which Moses the servant of the LORD had made in the wilderness.

4However, David had brought up the ark of God from Kiriath-jearim to the place he had prepared for it, for he had pitched a tent for it in Jerusalem.

There were two tabernacles and it seems as if David's was in a low place by the spring of Gihon at the base of Mt. Zion and Moses' was on a high place but devoid of the ark. God does not seem pleased with what was happening in the high places.

1Ki 3:3
Now Solomon loved the LORD, walking in the statutes of his father David, except he sacrificed and burned incense on the high places.

There seems to be two forms of religion here. One that exalts itself and one that humbles itself.

2010/10/11 1:22Profile

Re:

That's right. Man is very "showy". The Lord is humble and does not need a big production. If you are willing to bear His reproach, you will always find Jesus "outside the camp" in the lowly (regular) places in life. Heb 13:13.

2010/10/11 7:47
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

1Ki 3:4 "The king went to Gibeon to sacrifice there, for that was the great high place; Solomon offered a thousand burnt offerings on that altar."

Then the LORD appeared to Solomon in a dream and asked him what he wanted. Solomon asked for wisdom and the LORD gave it to him. But after his encounter with the LORD he does not resume his sacrifices at Gibeon.

1Ki 3:15 "Then Solomon awoke, and behold, it was a dream. And he came to Jerusalem and stood before the ark of the covenant of the Lord, and offered burnt offerings and made peace offerings, and made a feast for all his servants."

Solomon humbled himself, and became like a little child.

1Ki 3:7 "Now, O LORD my God, You have made Your servant king in place of my father David, yet I am but a little child; I do not know how to go out or come in."

2010/10/11 16:53Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy