SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Tabernacle of David

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

This forum has had a very sweet spirit about it.

Many of us have been on here a long time, and are probably as tight-knit as an online community will be. We love the Lord and try to make sure He fills every post, even when we disagree. Of course, we aren't always perfect in this endeavor, and sometimes things get a little ugly, like in any family. But we usually are pretty good and making peace over it all. Not always. But I doubt you'll find a better place of online fellowship anywhere else on the web. We're a pretty like minded bunch.

Weclome :-)

2010/10/7 21:50Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Quote:
I'm not saying that this particular word is looking for future fulfillment. The tabernacle of David has already been restored, and the Gentiles have already started making their way into the kingdom in mass, just as was foretold.

Thanks for clarifying that. I thought you held to that other teaching I mentioned earlier...

2010/10/7 22:49Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Quote:

Thanks for clarifying that. I thought you held to that other teaching I mentioned earlier...

Don't get me wrong, and if you might remember, I do hold to an "Art Katzian'" theology regarding Israel and the last days. I do believe in a literal millennial reign of Christ at the end of the present age, and all the trimmings that go with such a reign. But I don't believe the specific verse in question is teaching such a thing.

2010/10/7 22:53Profile
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Regarding the priesthood, there is another thread of revelation which began way back in Exodus, when God first separated Levi instead of the firstborn from every family.

The Levites were presented as a wave offering before the Lord.
the Holy Spirit had me look up the definition of the hebrew word for wave and it means to shake. The Holy Spirit shook the room the disciple were praying in. They were praying for boldness, God's healing hand, and sign and wonders to confirm their word. This to me seems like our priestly service as disciples of Christ. To preach the word with boldness! To minister to the people in love and compassion as God stretches out his healing hand. We are a consecrated peculiar people!! A kingdom of priests! Praise God our names are written in heaven!

2010/10/8 0:23Profile

Re:

Do you have a fulfilled priesthood?

http://www.audiosancto.org/sermon/20100401-The-Sacredness-of-the-Priesthood.html

2010/10/8 1:07
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Do you have a fulfilled priesthood?

Do you have Jesus Christ?

2010/10/8 2:57Profile

Re: The Tabernacle of David

Here are three of the early verses where the inheritance of Levi INSTEAD OF LAND is defined.

Joshua 13:14 Only unto the tribe of Levi he gave none inheritance; the sacrifices of the LORD God of Israel made by fire [are] their inheritance, as he said unto them.

Joshua 13:33 But unto the tribe of Levi Moses gave not [any] inheritance: the LORD God of Israel [was] their inheritance, as he said unto them.

Joshua 18:7 But the Levites have no part among you; for the priesthood of the LORD [is] their inheritance: and Gad, and Reuben, and half the tribe of Manasseh, have received their inheritance beyond Jordan on the east, which Moses the servant of the LORD gave them.

[Exodus 13:12 That thou shalt set apart unto the LORD all that openeth the matrix, and every firstling that cometh of a beast which thou hast; the males [shall be] the LORD'S. {set...: Heb. cause to pass over}

Exodus 13:15 And it came to pass, when Pharaoh would hardly let us go, that the LORD slew all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both the firstborn of man, and the firstborn of beast: therefore I sacrifice to the LORD all that openeth the matrix, being males; but all the firstborn of my children I redeem.

Exodus 34:19 All that openeth the matrix [is] mine; and every firstling among thy cattle, [whether] ox or sheep, [that is male]. {sheep: or, kid}

Numbers 3:12 And I, behold, I have taken the Levites from among the children of Israel instead of all the firstborn that openeth the matrix among the children of Israel: therefore the Levites shall be mine;

Numbers 18:15 Every thing that openeth the matrix in all flesh, which they bring unto the LORD, [whether it be] of men or beasts, shall be thine: nevertheless the firstborn of man shalt thou surely redeem, and the firstling of unclean beasts shalt thou redeem.]

EDIT: I was thinking since I posted the above, about the fact the Jesus was from Judah. But apposite to His human descent being from Mary, is that she was related to Elisabeth, whose son John the Baptist, His cousin, was therefore, from Levi.

Luke 1:5 There was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife [was] of the daughters of Aaron, and her name [was] Elisabeth.

In other words, Jesus' legitimate descent from David, was by Joseph (who may himself have been adopted), adopting Him (naturally speaking), into Judah.

Thus, Paul in Romans 9:4 puts 'adoption' (into sonship of God) at the top of his list of reasons he desires his kinsmen to come into their inheritance in Christ.

2010/10/8 6:37

Re:

I have not forgotten about the Tabernacle of David, just could not get to it today. I have much to share and am excited that we are going to see more of Jesus Christ and His purposes for us. Hope everyone has a Jesus filled weekend. I will post soon.

2010/10/8 18:07

Re:

Question 1:
Why did David fail in his first attempt to bring the Ark back? And how does this apply to the Church today?

David did not have a revelation of God's will in this matter, however he was convinced as to what he thought was the right thing to do (this is where we always get into trouble). He used 30,000 "choice men" of Israel and they set the Ark on a "brand new" ox drawn cart and all Israel played music using all kinds of instruments, leading a great worship service before the Ark. This is an example of man's attempt to impress God and gain His approval their own way and by their own methods.

And, I don't want to gloss over something else very important and illustrative of man and his ways.

In the days when the Ark of God was being restored to Israel there was a man named Uzzah and he was attending the Ark. He was one of the 30,000 choice men (son of Abinadab the Priest) that were picked. As the ark was being carried on the ox-cart, the oxen stumbled and caused the cart to tilt. There arose an urgent need for the ark to be grasped and steadied lest it fall in to the filth of the road. If there ever was a need that demanded a response, it was at that moment for the safety of the ark. With his ignorance to excuse him, Uzzah, with the best of motives and intentions, reached out and took hold of the ark. He met the urgent need. And the Living God struck him dead. The hand of man, the work of man - is never under any circumstances, regardless of the urgency of the need, acceptable to perform anything for God or His kingdom.

David called the place Perez Uzzah (Break or Breach of Uzzah) because of the Lord's outbreak against Uzzah.

This story about poor Uzzah is meant for us so that we can gain wisdom and insight into what is pleasing to the Lord.

Question 2:
1Ch 13:12 And David was afraid of God that day, saying, How shall I bring the ark of God home to me?

Regarding David's 2nd try at bringing the Ark back, what was the correct way and what did he learn? What should we learn today regarding this?

When David saw that a priest was killed by the Lord for such a seeming small infraction of the law, it put the fear of the Lord in the heart of David, so David took the ark to the house of Obed Edom the Gittite.

This time David inquired of the Lord and the Lord had given David a revelation of Jerusalem, that Jerusalem was the place in all Israel where His name should dwell. Most of Israel had taken for granted that the ark would be brought back to Moses tabernacle which had moved from Shiloh to its present location - the high place in Gibeon.

When David heard that Obed Edom was being blessed because of the Ark, he was emboldened to once again desire to bring the Ark to the location David had prepared for it.
However, David had learned his lesson, and this time he obeyed the Lord's instructions for transportation of the Ark.

This time the Priests were carrying the Ark as prescribed by the Lord.

David humbled himself and offered sacrifices of oxen and fatted sheep.

David danced before the Lord with all his might wearing a linen ephod.

David and all Israel brought up the Ark with shouting and with the sound of the trumpet.

When it comes to learning God's ways and ceasing from our ways, mistakes are made, and sometimes costly mistakes are made. But mistakes can be corrected, if the heart is willing. But thats the potential problem, the heart.

Question 3:
2Sa 6:14 And David danced before the LORD with all his might; and David was girded with a linen ephod.

This verse obviously shows us that David shed his kingly clothes and just wore the "linen" clothes (ephod) of a priest.

What does this say to us in the Church, today? Consider David, who spent perhaps a decade living in caves and being hunted like an animal. This took place between the time of his anointing (his calling) and his coming to the throne (his sending). Or consider Moses, who spent forty years following sheep in preparation for being the shepherd of Israel. If we truly love the Lord, let us lay aside all spiritual ambition and all desire to serve the Lord, and let us lay our lives before Him and humbly ask Him to perpare us according to His way and His standards. The God eventually does through your life may be small, but the gold, silver and precious stone that can be hidden in a man's pocket is worth much more than a mountain of wood, hay and stubble. Contrast these thoughts with what we see today.

Question 4:
2Sa 6:16 And as the ark of the LORD came into the city of David, Michal Saul's daughter looked through a window, and saw king David leaping and dancing before the LORD; and she despised him in her heart.

2Sa 6:23 Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death.

Why is Michal a warning to us today and what is she a picture of? Michal despised the work of God, thinking that David was not being dignified as befitting his Kingship. She had an arrogant attitude of kingly royalty and looked upon the people as subjects and thought David should, also.

Michal, the daughter of Saul, came out and rebuked David for his disgraceful behavior in front of the subjects of his kingdom. [2 Samuel 6:20]

So David said to Michal, "It was before the Lord, who chose me instead of your father and all his house, to appoint me ruler over the people of the Lord, over Israel. Therefore I will play music before the Lord. And I will be even more undignified than this, and will be humble in my own sight. But as for the maidservants of whom you have spoken, by them I will be held in honor." [2 Samuel 6:21-22]

Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no children to the day of her death. [2 Samuel 6:23]

Michal had no children by David her first and last husband. She had 5 step-sons whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite to whom Saul had given her
after David fled and became a fugitive. [2 Samuel 21:8]

The face of the earth is covered with vast, magnificent religious works that are a testimony of man's Adamic nature building FOR God. There is a place reserved in the man-made Christian religious system for anyone who wants to become a slave to it.

On the other hand, our Lord desires to restore the tabernacle of David in order that the rest of mankind may seek the Lord and in order that His throne might be established there. Some can go no other way than to seek the headship of Jesus Christ and to give their lives that His eternal purpose might be accomplished.

2010/10/8 22:34
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Michal had no children by David her first and last husband. She had 5 step-sons whom she brought up for Adriel the son of Barzillai the Meholathite to whom Saul had given her after David fled and became a fugitive. [2 Samuel 21:8]

and their end was to die. A hard lesson here indeed.

"And he delivered them into the hands of the Gibeonites, and they hanged them in the hill before the LORD: and they fell [all] seven together, and were put to death in the days of harvest, in the first [days], in the beginning of barley harvest." 2 Samuel 21:9

2010/10/9 1:40Profile

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy