SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : prayer appreciated :)

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
moreofHim

prayer appreciated :)

Hi everyone,

Tommorrow at 5:00pm (eastern) I have to go to the oncologist to have some x-rays and blood work done. This is follow- up from my incident with melanoma a few months ago. The x-rays will show my lungs and lymph nodes and liver, etc... to make sure there is nothing there.

Waiting for the results will also be a hard time of waiting for me. Any prayers from anyone would be appreciated. My anxiety usually gets very bad during these things. I pray that the Lord will help me to be at peace.

Thank you so much my friends! :-)

In His love, Chanin

2004/10/31 19:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: prayer appreciated :)

Quote:
Waiting for the results will also be a hard time of waiting for me. Any prayers from anyone would be appreciated. My anxiety usually gets very bad during these things. I pray that the Lord will help me to be at peace.

I will be praying Chanin! may the Lord walk with you hand in hand as you do this. Be not afraid, [b]I am with you[/b]. I am not sure you read the book "Hinds feet on High Places" but the deer symbolically whenever anxiety or fear came would simply call out to the "shepard" and he would come so quickly. What a re-assurance that our heavenly friend is there with us watching over us. I will be in prayer, I know things will go well. ;-)

2004/10/31 19:07Profile
moreofHim

Re: prayer request

Quote:
whenever anxiety or fear came would simply call out to the "shepard" and he would come so quickly. What a re-assurance that our heavenly friend is there with us watching over us.

Greg, thanks for this reminder too. I appreciate your words of encouragement!!! They do mean alot. :-D

y.s.i.C.-Chanin

2004/10/31 19:23Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re:

Hi Chanin,

After reading your wonderful post the other day about the gentleman on the airplane that the Lord had sent, you for him and himself for you... I feel assured that He will have another 'Angel' nearby in some way to bring you comfort and allay your 'fears'.

We will be praying for you sister.

*Note: Just to clarify, this will explain and is very touching as well, thanks Chanin for sharing this, been meaning to respond;

[url=https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&order=0&topic_id=3502&forum=35&post_id=&refresh=Go]Experiencing God's Love through The 'Least Of These'[/url]

2004/10/31 22:01Profile
jouko

Ex-England colony of Australia

Re:

Will be praying too.
jouko

2004/10/31 23:37Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

[b]Philippians 4:6-7[/b] - Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

We are praying Chanin. :-D

2004/11/1 8:43Profile
moreofHim

Re: update

Thank you for your prayers. Actually this was my first visit to the Oncologist so they mostly talked on and on about melanoma and the risks, etc... and the tests that i should do. We finally decided on a full MRI and cat scan along with chest xrays and bloodwork. So, now I still have to go and do all of that. :( So no tests yet.

I really just want to get on with my life. Hopefully after all the tests are done, I can do that. Dr's offices scare me to death. I literally get sick if I see bad things or hear them talk in detail about bodily things.

The Lord has shown me that fear and anxiety are my weakness. He will be faithful to be my strength where I am weak. I can only overcome by laying in His arms because I've done everything to try not to have fear and anxiety. I felt I had let the Lord down. But He showed me that He is still glorified in me because His power is made perfect in my weakness. I have refused medication (anti-depressants and anti-anxiety ) about 4 times now- even though i have had some major dealings with the anxiety in the last couple of months. I tell the doctors that the Lord alone will be enough. I know I may not be totally at peace and show no fear, but He still is enough for me. He has shown me that it is enough, that this does glorify Him. I know that in my suffering (with the fear and anxiety) that He is producing endurance in me.
"More than that we rejoice in sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance, endurance produces character, and character produces HOPE." (Romans 5:3-4)

"From this we infer that endurance is first among the proofs of spiritual power. it is the ability to endure steadfastly under continuous pressure that tests the reality of our call as the Lord's "sent ones." Patience and longsuffering with joy are to be found only in those who know what it is to be "strengthened with all power according to the might of His glory." -Watchman Nee

Thanks again for your prayers!!

In His love, Chanin

2004/11/3 10:28Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
The Lord has shown me that fear and anxiety are my weakness. He will be faithful to be my strength where I am weak. I can only overcome by laying in His arms because I've done everything to try not to have fear and anxiety. I felt I had let the Lord down. But He showed me that He is still glorified in me because His power is made perfect in my weakness.

Chanin, I know exactly how you feel. The feeling of literally giving it up to God and saying I can't battle this anymore. Nothing will be able to ever supercede the Love of Christ that has wrought our lifes from death to life.. [b]nothing![/b]. Its all stages of what the Lord is bring us through, it will all make sense in the end. I also feel strongly there are choices we can make to help stay in the Will of God and allow ourselves not to sit in a place that was meant for our building up but then becomes a snare. I have the same struggles almost daily and its something the I am really giving to the Lord daily almost. I will be praying for you and have you in my thoughts and prayers, for I know and sympathize more than you can know. Blessing this day, dear sister.

2004/11/3 11:37Profile
moreofHim

Re: prayer appreciated again

I just want to update a bit and kindly ask for prayer.

I went back for my 3 month check up yesterday and also got the results of a chest x-ray. The Dr. is sending me for a CT scan of my lungs again because they reported "something" in the lower right lung. he said it could be nothing and they may be just over reading it because I am young and because of my health history.

I go for the ct scan on Thurday the 28th.

I am concerned about this, but also about my anxiety and my nausea. I have been feeling sick off and on for the past week or so- but more so now- hopefully it's just nerves. The first thing they ask you when you go in for your check up is if you've been nauseous :0

Today has been the worst for me. I have been pretty sick all day and it just makes me worry more.

If you feel led, will someone pray for my peace of mind. The worst thing is that i don't want to not be able to do anything with my children. I feel so guilty.

Thank you!

In His love, Chanin

2005/4/26 13:21Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Re:

Quote:

moreofHim wrote:

If you feel led, will someone pray for my peace of mind. The worst thing is that i don't want to not be able to do anything with my children. I feel so guilty.

Dear sister,

please do not worry about your kids, this a time you need to trust God that He is taken care of them.

it's a blessing to see them and this is not to exalt your work, but His alone, when i was checking out the xanga's of your childeren for example "jesus is the best" (i was stunned by those simple words (www.xanga.com/helensonshine))

and when i talked with your daughter, there was one thing that was great to see.

they are living for Him, to see Christ exalted, it's a blessing to talk with her and check out their xanga's.

but however, somethimes you need to trust that The Lord is holding them while you cannot hold them.

so please be still and know/trust, in the dutch translation it is writen "let go and know". God can draw them near to Himself, and He will use you to glorify Himself.

He blessed you, but we need to go and trust Him in good times and hard times (like that song of Mat Redman - Blessed Be Your Name, if you want the song, i can send it to you), and remember you will become more like Him ;-)

pray for them and you aswell!

in His Love

William

2005/4/26 15:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy