SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Support : Rick Warren

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Wow. Way to turn on a fellow brother because you disagree with a few of his sermon choices.

Thank goodness no one is like this guy below.!.!.!.

Luke 18:9-14

The Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector

Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

2010/10/6 22:36Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

I'm not trying to stir anything up here, but personally, I think David Wilkerson could probably be in more trouble from a Biblical stand point than Rick Warren, and that Greg should sooner take down his material than Rick Warren's. I mean, it was over a year ago that the man gave a thus saith the Lord regarding a major disaster that was going to be happening in the immediate near future in the United States, and that we needed to stock up on food for this disaster. He was wrong. Yet, I don't see anybody here demanding Greg take his sermons down. And this wasn't exactly the first time Wilkerson has missed it when it comes to predicting things in the future.

So if we are going to complain...

2010/10/6 23:42Profile
NeedHelp

Re:

Peace Brothers&Sisters,

Don't be so judgmental of Gregg. I would rather believe a man can change and hope the best for him.

There is only one sermon on this site by Rick Warren.

I think many of you need to listen to it. It will be a blessing to you.

Go ahead and humble yourself and listen to it. You will be surprised. It really is a good listen and much is needed for your christian walk.

2010/10/6 23:50Profile
NewCovWinDor

A Little Town In Iowa

Re:

Hmmm... interesting point KingJimmy.

Consider what ccchhhrrriiisss has been saying too, brothers. Let us be careful that we really know what we are talking about.

Brother Greg offers this site as a resource for a huge variety of people. It's up to us to take what we want... If he listened to the personal opinions of each of us, I think the only two preachers that would be left on here would be Ravenhill and Tozer. :D

I for one know little about Rick Warren personally, but I do have some checks in my spirit about his ministry. His is a high-profile ministry that has reached out in some very questionable ecumenical ways. A man is known by his friends, so that tells you something I think.

Let's keep this to the facts and put the flamethrowers away, please!

Peace in Jesus,

2010/10/6 23:52Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, i heard about this so called great preacher who they say led thousands to the Lord in one day but i would have nothing to do with him because i have information that he denied and even cursed Jesus when a small girl asked him about his relationship to Jesus...who could ever listen to a man who would do such things.jimp

2010/10/7 2:26Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: he knew what he was doing

Quote:
by jimp
by jimp on 2010/10/6 23:26:41

hi, i heard about this so called great preacher who they say led thousands to the Lord in one day but i would have nothing to do with him because i have information that he denied and even cursed Jesus when a small girl asked him about his relationship to Jesus...who could ever listen to a man who would do such things.jimp

Haha good one!!!

-------------------

Be it known that “repentperish” had an agenda AT THE BEGINNING, he knew exactly how he felt about Rick Warren when he asked that “innocent” question, “Hello! Is Rick Warren a recommendable source?,” and then proceeded to lambast Greg over his own failures.

Quote:
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
A false witness that speaketh lies, AND HE THAT SOWETH DISCORD AMONG THE BRETHREN.
~ Proverbs 6:16-19

Consider the source OR 'mark that man' as some of you like to say.

Lisa

2010/10/7 8:26Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

This entire thread is a nonstop monster that will just keep growing, unfortunately it followed the pattern of past threads that started this way.

2010/10/7 9:31Profile

Re:

Quote:
hi, i heard about this so called great preacher who they say led thousands to the Lord in one day but i would have nothing to do with him because i have information that he denied and even cursed Jesus when a small girl asked him about his relationship to Jesus...who could ever listen to a man who would do such things.

Well, I suppose this all depends. Upon this denial, did he run away weeping bitterly and radically make a visible change of repentance from that moment on, or did he pump his first and then come up with a world P.E.A.C.E plan that's somehow going to fill the gap that secular marketing techniques did not?

But let's talk about a real stinker here. This ex-pharisee I heard of, after his conversion, had the audacity to warn people BY NAME of false teachers and those who were untrustworthy, divisive, and destructive to the faith in a time when Gospel ignorance abounded, believe it or not! Calling out guys like, Phygelus, Hermogenes, Hymenaeus, Philetus, and Alexander the coppersmith. He even had the gall to say that another apostle (I think he might have been named too, come to think of it) was doctrinally off, and had to be rebuked to his face! Hadn't this dude ever heard of love or grace? This man was just too obsessed with the truth of Christ and His word to see that he wasn't measuring up to our standards of what we think grace, repentance, and love look like. I hope someone will be able to warn him of his lack of grace before he, I don't know, writes some letters that people take as Gospel truth or something like that.

2010/10/7 9:52

Re: Rick Warren

Hi KJ,

Quote:
I'm not trying to stir anything up here, but personally, I think David Wilkerson could probably be in more trouble from a Biblical stand point than Rick Warren, and that Greg should sooner take down his material than Rick Warren's. I mean, it was over a year ago that the man gave a thus saith the Lord regarding a major disaster that was going to be happening in the immediate near future in the United States, and that we needed to stock up on food for this disaster. He was wrong.

Did he really say 'immediate near future'?

David Wilkerson is only one of many voices on this point. MANY Christians have had dreams, visions or specific words from God about an impending disaster, and some are specific enough to implicate the New York area. It's a matter of patient observation, and also, to take into account that quite an old man may well feel that within five years is 'near', compared with having waited 40 for other revelations to happen visibly, in our 3D world.

I was very struck by something David Wilkerson said in a sermon about the gracious acts of God being seen on the streets of New York, less than two weeks (I seem to remember) before the plane landed in the Hudson, with so little human loss.

Many months ago, two dear brothers were made to feel their prophecies had been false, merely because they were jugded too soon. Now, most economic commentators would agree that the actual beginning of the crash was 2007. Therefore, by the beginning of 2008 it had INDEED begun.

Perspective is a very fluid measure, depending on the gift of God, or the lack of it, in the eye of the beholder, and the body of Christ needs people who 'see' things that others cannot see, as much as all the other gifts which come by the Holy Spirit for the edifying of the saints.

More of a question might be, are we ready to praise God in any disaster that comes?

Are we ready to lose everything? Are we ready to share with others what we have, despite how little we have left for ourselves, taking Christ's advice: 'sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof', and, 'take no thought for the morrow'?

2010/10/7 9:53
DesertRose

Boston.MA

Re: Rick Warren

"The major problem here is that Rick Warren refuses to engage his critics or defend his ideas. Unless he is willing to argue for, say, his handling of Scripture, there can be no development of the critics’ understanding of his position.

This is not the fault of the critics, who have shown themselves to be very willing to engage; but rather of Warren, who refuses to enter into the conversation.

If he is misunderstood, let him answer his critics and show that he is actually exegeting Scripture in a faithful way consistent with the historic orthodox Christian faith."
Daniel Neades( better than sacrifice.org)

2010/10/7 10:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy