SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Coming Out of The Church: The Remnant Heresy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
PosterThread

shut up, alone, depressed sometimes, but still alive..I get back up.

"There is nothing spiritual about sitting at home, and blogging on Sermon Index, and being a cynic." hmmmmhmmmm; Could there be a double edged sword here?

Surely your not saying that people who choose to fellowship in a more Spirit led medium and different than your ideas are cynics, Are you? Some may be very pleasing to the Lord, even a sweet aroma to Him, and be out of "church" for long periods of time. [ The Apostle Paul seems to have disappeared into Arabia for many years, outside of a church...]

The Word speaks of Abiding in Him, and are we sure we should condemn others who may be in His perfect Will, and still not measure up to your standards of obedience, or any man's?

"The faith which you have, have as your own conviction before God. Happy is he who does not condemn himself in what he approves."

"But he who doubts is condemned if he eats, because his eating is not from faith; and whatever is not from faith is sin."

It is not a good thing to project your faith upon others and then judge them if they do not measure up. This, Jimmy, is exactly what you are doing.

If I boast, let it be in the Lord. I am in fellowship with true believers wherever I go, for my fellowship is with the Holy Spirit who Dwells within me, wherever I go.

I have led people who never once heard His name, or about Jesus to Him, and saw them go from demonic paganism to salvation,and baptized with the Holy Spirit with the laying on of hands.

I have real Hospital confirmed healings of deadly diseases, and have cast out devils screaming blasphemy, and seen these filled with the Holy Spirit speaking in tongues with great sweetness emanating from them afterwards. I have led people to Jesus for over 40 years.

I have travelled alone all over the World. I am going again soon to Africa, preaching and teaching Jesus. I have no support, no fellowship sending me...but I have something better. I am an ambassador of Jesus and He sends and leads. I do not ask for money; I don't care...He provides.

He can trust me to go to any city in the World, drop me off alone, and I will be used and safe; That's how I feel. I also go to American venues and minister when led, like the Rainbow tribe gatherings. One day, 11 years ago, I led everyone I met to Jesus.

I have been an elder, in an independent church, with a huge homegroup of 50....and have led in other churches over the years. I minister to the solitary one, for they are as important as the crowds. What is important is to follow Jesus, is my point.

I must add here, that I am a failure deluxe, and no winner. I am a redeemed loser who lives on mercy. He cleanses me; I fall, and get up again, and His blood is my only hope.

This, is my understanding of eating His Flesh and Drinking His blood; which is: LIVING ON MERCY.

It is all I have got. PS: I hate being set on the shelf by the Lord...where I am shut in as much as a prison, and I feel I am all dressed up and have nowhere to go.

Anyone else ever feel that way?

2012/5/13 21:52

Re: Coming Out of The Church: The Remnant Heresy

Quote:
Right now I believe we are seeing a rising tide of Christians who have, for various reasons, deliberately chosen to remove themselves from fellowshipping with any intentionally organized local body of believers.

Well, I wouldn't say "deliberately". For me, it was God who told me to leave the congregation to which I enjoyed being apart. There was no reason to leave on my part, but God had other plans and I could not shake His will though I pushed at Him. Others may leave because they feel that the Church is going down hill, THAT was not my reason for leaving.

Before, I have never had any problems whatsoever in God leading me to a Church that He wanted me to attend. After I left that Church my prayers to go someplace have gone unanswered. Every other prayer is answered accept this one. When I need fellowship, the doors open and I see Christian brothers and sisters all over the place to fellowship with but the door to go to a regular Church does not open. I have left off praying about because the Lord knows that I have prayed about it and as far as I am concerned it's filed away in God filing cabinet. Someone bold enough could say that maybe God didn't want you to leave that Church, maybe He didn't speak to you at all. Well, one could have said that on the onset, but you see, two years later, the Pastor ran off with the secretary, the building was sold the people scattered.

As far as the biblical prophecy concerning the Remnant, I don't believe a word of it that it means our day. The wording of the Remnant in bible prophecy refers to the period in which the Jews who were as the sand of the seashore would be reduced to a mere handful for salvation, "such as should be saved".

However, that doesn't take away the fact that in all instances of what God desires to do with each generation that pulls away from God and walks after the flesh, that there isn't a Remnant that He has chosen to move through to stir the people to repentance. There is always a remnant of some sort. There has to be a group of people that seeks the face of God that stands in the gap and makes up the hedge.

I believe in what God is doing with those who are being called out of this present day Christianity because something is deeply wrong with it. There has to be an awakening and it's not being done in these Churches, the system is flawed and people are not waking up.

In David Wilkerson's prophecy the Vision, he tells of a Church coming out of the church as it were, from all of Christianities religions, people that desire truth in the inward parts not religious form and the same thing over and over again each week. God is a speaking God, He is not a dumb god like the idols that people worshipped back in the day that couldn't speak. He the living God and these called out ones or the remnant or whatever these people are called want that living way, and to be frank, the Churches won't allow that. They won't allow people to expand and move forward and up, lest any of their own people become more than they. There is a great pride in the land that is absolutely sickening.

Yes, there is definitely a remnant in our day and I know I am very much apart of that. If that makes me rebellious, then you'll need to talk to my Father and make your complaint because I am not my own, I can't even do what I want to do because His restraining Hand keeps me. I am boxed in.

2012/5/13 22:05

Re:

Quote:
I have been following this thread closely and I feel so condemned.

Stop condemning yourself, your doing nothing wrong, your doing everything that your able to do with the mercy and truth that He has given you. We are always going to hear other voices of condemnation, ignore them. Condemnation does not come from God, know that.

You are in Christ and there is therefore NOW no condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus because you walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit.

We don't walk after the flesh, we have His Spirit we walk after the Spirit and there is no condemnation there, so if your feeling condemnation, than what your hearing is not of God so don't listen to that anymore, move away from that foolishness and give thanks in all things for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning us.

Be Blessed Beloved.

2012/5/13 22:22
Trekker

northern USA

Re:

QUOTE: "Don't let your romantic ideals about what church is, and what it means to assemble together in the name of Christ keep you from the actual practical application of gathering together. There is nothing spiritual about sitting at home, and blogging on Sermon Index, and being a cynic."==KINGJIMMY

I confess i was very suspicious of the "love" you claimed to have written your post with, and now this comment of your's seems to prove to me that you are really just sitting in judgement of others regardless of what reasons they have for not attending a local church denomination building or not. This quote right here betrays your TRUE attitude. You profess to only be speaking in love but i have met far too many church people who look down their noses at people who have left to ever believe you. And here is your true attitude; you assert that everyone here who has left the churches even for good reasons is nothing but a cynic and a foolish romantic and spiritually lazy etc. You have judged people here without knowing any of them and have painted us all with a wide brush. I was right to be suspicious.

2012/5/13 23:06Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

It's ok. I will let you sit in judgment of me. I am glad you were right in your suspicions. I'm glad you connected all the dots and figured me out. Too bad it wasn't sooner. We might have gotten somewhere.

Geez brethren. I don't even know what to say to all this. Perhaps it is best we say no more on the topic.

2012/5/13 23:18Profile

Re:

"Why do you not attend church?”

Answer:
One day I heard Christ knocking on the door of the church (Rev 3:20), so I got up and answered the door. He invited me to join Him outside (Rev 18:4), so I did, and have never looked back (Luke 9:62), lest I be turned to a pillar of salt (Gen 19:26).

http://www.theinvisiblechurch.ca/invisibly/The_Lone_Ranger_Christian.html

OJ

2012/5/13 23:28

Re:

Humility is always the best path, when you stick to your guns, you only go further down the path of pride. I offer that as honest advice to a younger brother, I know, I have wore a path down the pride trail many times in my 21 years of Christianity. The truth is, very few of us know very little about anyone else on SI so its always dangerous to make judgements and assumptions about why people do what they do. Love is also the antidote to bitterness and unfogiveness.............bro Frank

2012/5/14 0:08
lindi1208

Re:

@ approved thank you brother!Amen! There is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus! I realised that the accuser of the brethren took this as an opportune time to fire his darts at me through my thoughts and longings. I too am in a box:).

My father would have me right where I am in the wilderness that is His perfect will for my life at present. I asked Him again to confirm what He laid on my heart through His word and He lead me to Isaiah 8 : 11-22. Praise be to God our Father and Our Lord Jesus Christ for His mercies are new every morning! He loves each and every one of us and is patient and even more gracious towards all His children in all our different stages of growth in His most Holy Faith!

If only we all could come to understand this I think we would bear more fruit speaking to one another in love and bearing with one another. For there will always be new births, babes in Christ and mature believers. If we know and live this we will have no cause to stumble one another! Our levels of faith are each according to a measure given to us by Our Father. He has room for us all. That is why I love Him so and am learning this principle of faith and growth in Him and also understanding the same is being done to all his other children!

Blessings in Christ Jesus

2012/5/14 2:33Profile
lindi1208

Re:

@ approved thank you brother!Amen! There is now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus! I realised that the accuser of the brethren took this as an opportune time to fire his darts at me through my thoughts and longings. I too am in a box:).

My father would have me right where I am in the wilderness that is His perfect will for my life at present. I asked Him again to confirm what He laid on my heart through His word and He lead me to Isaiah 8 : 11-22. Praise be to God our Father and Our Lord Jesus Christ for His mercies are new every morning! He loves each and every one of us and is patient and even more gracious towards all His children in all our different stages of growth in His most Holy Faith!

If only we all could come to understand this I think we would bear more fruit speaking to one another in love and bearing with one another. For there will always be new births, babes in Christ and mature believers. If we know and live this we will have no cause to stumble one another! Our levels of faith are each according to a measure given to us by Our Father. He has room for us all. That is why I love Him so and am learning this principle of faith and growth in Him and also understanding the same is being done to all his other children!

Blessings in Christ Jesus

2012/5/14 2:33Profile
hmmhmm

Sweden

Re:

Personally i believe in "coming out of her" and the times witch we live in there are many such instances where that is the call, but i also think brother Jimmi touches upon something that many may leave their church or fellowship upon wrong grounds because the church do not ecome what they themselves want or desire, it is not so much for Gods kingdom to have a physical expression upon earth that is their concern but that "I" will have my way what i think is right. surely there are such people that switch church and cry "come out of her" because they had their pet-doctrines trampled upon or their pride took a turn and instead of being molded together through the battle one decides to leave instead of endure.

I think it is easy just as with any other teaching to take a way "left" or "right" position and denounce everything else.

I found this article by Sparks that touches some upon what Jimmi is saying. I think it boils down to following God, if God says leave then go...

---------------------------------------

Corporate Life
by T. Austin-Sparks

In order that life may fulfil its function, reveal its power, reach its full measure, and pass on its potentialities, it must assume form. Life in itself has never been seen. Only through the form which it takes can it express itself. It must have a body. It is only through the body and corporate relations that the great laws of life and the spiritual kingdom can come to fullest expression and efficiency. Life involves relations. Isolation spells death.

The relation into which the new-born child of God is introduced is twofold - first to its risen Lord, as Head of the Body which is the Church, and secondly to all its members, consisting of those who in every age and country have heard His voice, and come out at His call. They have not merely been 'called out,' they have been 'called in.' It is a call with a double object.

First it is private, personal, specific, as between the individual and his Lord. Stripping himself clear of all relations, entanglements, and environments, he must come first of all into the consciousness of his own nakedness, face to face with God alone, bringing nothing with him of his own personality. We are as truly born naked in the spiritual as in the natural realm. In the private presence of God relations are set up which are primary and fundamental. Spirit meets with spirit.

From that personal relatedness the child of God is introduced to a new order, a great spiritual fellowship, a relatedness of all who have been "born of the Spirit." This relatedness is as absolutely essential as is that of the organs of the physical body. For growth, function, safety, balance, and fulness, this co-ordination, interdependence and co-operation in spirit and practice is indispensable. It involves an utter repudiation of independence, separateness, and self-centredness. This is inherent in new birth and being "in one Spirit baptized into one body," and the sooner it is recognised the greater the saving of the precious time in spiritual maturity.

We are related to an order which is higher than anything on this earth or of the natural creation. The higher the organism, the longer the process of co-ordination. It takes a very much longer time for an elephant to be formed than other animals. But the presence of life can and will consummate the order if it is not violated.

"Till we all attain unto... the stature of the fulness of Christ."

2012/5/14 5:49Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy