SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Glenn Beck's Ecumenical Push on the Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
PosterThread
ManofGod0000

Re:

I don't nor have lifted up any of the likes of men you have included in your post, as a matter of fact, Hosanna, the Lord Christ has been rejected by me since His prohecy by Isaiah, We, the so-called believers, w the curch body, we reject the Christ with our folly.

Jesus is the only one I intend to ever lift up, HE and only He is wonderful, in the essence of the word, Absolutely wonderful......

He alone is our hope and we, as in this world, our current state is left at present with a sense of doom.

We must look to Jesus

2010/9/2 23:43Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Savannah,

I love you in the Lord. But seriously, there is no need for such abusive language. Not to exalt myself, but rest assured so you may not worry about me, but I am probably one of the most serious students of God's word you will probably ever meet. I've given my life for it, and it has cost me everything. Not that my sacrifices are anything special, for they are nothing compared to His precious worth.

My attempt at humor was a hope to diffuse the sad war that has broken out on this forum, all over a simple thesis, of which I was hoping for genuine feedback for, and have never been dogmatic concerning. But instead of genuine feedback, I've seen mostly dirty mudslinging by saints who have yet to learn to be gracious in their words.

We would all do better to cut out our tongues if we are not going to learn to use them.

May a spirit of grace abound amongst God's people.

Jimmy

2010/9/2 23:49Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

Again, I will stress, do not allow the likes of Glenn Beck get this community of believers worked up at one another, we are suppose to be warriors for christ....

U are right Jimmy, let us watch our tongues and tones amongst one another. God is watching...

2010/9/2 23:57Profile

Jimmy

savannah took me to the 'woodshed' too, in a prior post and i think he's right, his rebuke is correct.

this whole situation is just terrible, and my part of the "ezra" post is just bad. we're joking about,we should be doubling down in prayer time, we should take this ALL, as a very serious sign, that God's Judgement is near.

the sooner we all stop focusing on this glen back situation and get back to Fundamentals, the better.

if we're wise, or teachable, we should take savannah's rebuke for what it is...love.

this IS my last post on any glen beck thread, lets just quit this...what say?

In Jesus' love, neil

2010/9/3 0:38
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re: Jimmy

I am glad to abandon the conversation myself. I am sorry I ever brought it up on SermonIndex. Clearly we need to stick to the fundamentals, as people here are clearly showing the inability to have an adult, let alone mature Christian conversation.

I was merely attempting to put out an idea that I wanted to TEST, thinking my brethren to be more even tempered here on SI. I guess I was horribly wrong about something, and it wasn't Glenn Beck. I feel after this test, this forum resembles a cafe in the middle east that a Palestinian bomber has walked into.

We have too many self-appointed watchman, prophets, and elders here on Sermon Index, who far from contending for the faith once and all handed down to the saints, are a danger to themselves and the body of Christ. For years I have posted very uplifting Christ centered messages on these forums that speak on the major themes of the faith. All of which have been designed to be a BLESSING, because of my love for you all. Most of you never read these posts, or if you do, have little interest in commenting.

Why? Because the spirit of strife, jealousy, hatred, and ultimately that of schismatics ultimately exists amongst many of you. Many of you have chosen to vilify me and others here on this forum because of this one idea, which was offered in nothing but a spirit of charity. Not that I care that you do such a thing to me. I've preached on the streets to a crowd of angry Muslims who did not care for me to preach Christ and Him crucified. I've held Bible studies in homeless shelters where people were high as a kite on crack cocaine, and have stumbled in drunk. I've feared for my safety at times because of the gospel. So these baseless accusations and slanders do not personally trouble me. Rather, the only trouble I have is that redeemed people would talk and behave in such a way. One brother even went so far as to take this onto Facebook, and hit me with non stop messages, and verbally molested me in chat. It got so bad I had to tell him to stop, and to confront him for his sin. For which he decided I must not be a brother to him anymore, and unfriended me, in spite of the much rich fellowship we've had over the years.

I say this broken and sad, not for me, but for your sake and Christ's, shame on many of you here.

2010/9/3 8:25Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

KJ, I was liking the conversation.

Let me ask, what will people think once the Lord calls Glenn Beck to the Kingdom? What happens when Glen Beck becomes a Christian, will we all repent? To think that we are to prideful in oursleves to see the Lord working through an unbeliever...

The Lord is speaking and teaching through GB regardless if you like it or not. Just as He is speaking through Obama, Bush, and a host of others. I cannot tell you how many times the Lord has used a non-believer to rebuke me and teach me things. After some time I look back and said "Hey, that was the LORD speaking through that person!"... and get down on my face and worship Him because of His witness to me through the unsaved.

Blessings brother Jimmy.

2010/9/3 8:55Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

Miccah,

I will gladly talk to you outside the forum if you wish on this topic. All futher conversation on the forum concerning it I will have to excuse myself from.

Many blessings.

2010/9/3 9:00Profile

Re:

I have to laugh a little when people get heated... and then end their post with "I will refrain from saying more"... and then they write more... and end THAT one with "I will refrain from saying more"...

Let your yay be yay and your nay be nay. Be a man/woman of your word and "refrain from saying more". Otherwise you make yourself a liar.

Krispy

2010/9/3 9:17

Re:

Let me start by saying it is sad that forum threads deliniate into all this, but it is generally for the same reasons. It is sad that we can't discuss these matters without 2 groups of people forming:
1.) the insensitive who swing a heavy harsh rebuke sword with no apparent concern for love (usually just a sign of immaturity in our walk that God grows us out of through His mercy over time). Often A form of pride we don't see in ourselves.
2.) the uber-sensitive who are so touchy-feely about others disagreeing with them that they can't reslly be disagreed with and they never really stop to re-examine with a clear heart and see if they might be blind to something. They are far more "hurt" that anyone would speak directly against what they said/think. A form of "the fear of man" and being bound by "the praise of men" (their feelings only get hurt when people disagree with them). Rarely do people see it in themselves.
So, in all of this, the whole REAL POINT and original discussion get lost. This is why I NEVER feel led to get into discussions of disagreement among true believers concerning "Freewill vs. Soveriegnty", "Total Depravity", etc. I have opinions, but what's the point, especially on these forums, of disagreeing and not even truly knowing the lives REALLY lived out day by day by the posters?
This matter, however, I felt led to speak up on because it isn't some minor "doctrinal issue" (I know, noone ever thinks what they are vigorously debating is minor, but I mean this affects your walk, discernment, openness to the beast in the last days, etc.).
This is evident that people get sidetracked when it is stated that:
"Let me ask, what will people think once the Lord calls Glenn Beck to the Kingdom? What happens when Glen Beck becomes a Christian, will we all repent?"
Completely missed the point. No, I will not repent for standing against a false movement IF/WHEN the leader/s repent of their falsehood & get born again!! Repent of what? Speaking out against a false movement like we are repeatedly commanded to do in scripture? No, I will not repent. I will rejoice with the angels of heaven that a sinner has come to repentance!! But, that won't then make the "prior life" of a false movement justified, will it?
When Saul of Tarsus became Paul, did that justify his previous religious life of murdering Christians? No!! It made God's grace be shown for exceedingly abundant mercy, but it didn't make his prior ministry "right". Do you think the believers in Jerusalem said, "man, he's really saved, we need to repent for speaking against Judaism and go back and listen to his teaching to see if there was something edifying we missed while we were running for our lives from him"? Of course not, because that "OLD MAN" of Saul was now dead, and a "NEW CREATION" is born in Christ named Paul!! Halelujah, praise be to our God!!
So, if Glenn Beck repents of his Mormonism, shows signs of true Biblical repentance, & starts denouncing his movement's embracing of locking arms with Judaizers, Mormons, Muslims, etc. & begins exalting the true Christ of the Bible - I won't repent. Repent for what? I will praise God and welcome him into the Kingdom!!! Repent for exposing the deeds of darkness and bringing correction and warning to sheep who are starting to heed the voice of wolves? God forbid if I should ever do that!
As C.T. Studd once said, we have gone from Christian Soldiers to little chocolate soldiers. Melting in the heat. "Sweeties". Does God speak to us through the actions/statements of unbelievers? Yes. Is God speaking through Glenn Beck trying to get us to all drop our religious differences and just lock arm in arm and pray to the same god? Yep, God is speaking through it, but he is not the one speaking it. Big Difference!! God is allowing it to test our hearts.
God is about to speak very loudly to the USA & the world through allowing evil men to have their way in this world for a season. But, when the antichrist spirit rises up and calls us all to drop our silly differences, will it be God speaking THROUGH them? NO!! It will be the very spirit of the serpent himself, that dragon, the devil. Will God be allowing it? Yes! Why, so we can all get "all mushy" and hug up together with the world in a false "love and unity"? No, to allow this to be our threshing floor to seperate the wheat from the chaff.
I hope Glenn Beck does repent and get born again. I hope many who are more dedicated to him and his message of (American Patriotism and Unity of Religions) than God and His word also repent and get born again. I hope some who are being swept away unawares by his message, though they be believers, see the error and repent. Why would I repent for lovingly telling God's people the truth and warning them out of a burning heart?
Do this, don't think of 5 points to come back and argue with me about what you think I am saying and not saying: take this matter to the Lord in prayer and see if He, by His Spirit, speak any of these matters to your heart to warn you. Don't anyone take anything I am saying personally. I don't really know any of you (apart from a few that don't comment much), so why take it personal? Apparently, we feel (by our actions, not so much in our words) that we are all above reprove, rebuke, correction, teaching, etc. Some act as if a non-believer like Beck is somehow above a public warning to believers to beware of the poison? That, to me, is amazing!!
If I say, "where has the discernment gone?" Well, some will think of the most brash, proud, & arrogant rebuke from an immature believer and "throw the baby out with the bathwater" as unloving. If I say, "where is the love?" The other extreme will go on a rant of "holding up the tower of truth" with no concern for mercy, love, and grace. THE TRUTH is really both. "Speak (1.) THE TRUTH (2.) IN LOVE".
I started this thread that morphed into all kinds of weird stuff, to tell you to watch out for this movement and take it to the Lord in prayer. It's subtle, appeals to our nationalistic pride, merges Christ with other gods and false christs, & I sense it is going further - especially when greater judgments come upon our land. If you want to defend Glenn Beck over heeding a burning message in which I struggle to find anything I have said that is contrary to God's Word and His nature, just ask yourself - WHY? Why do you feel compelled to do so? I am your brother. A wicked, wretched, violent addicted & perverted criminal who God radically changed and made new. I have spent years in ministry, overseas, on the streets, preaching, serving, studying God's Word, fasting and praying for revival, etc.
Glenn Beck is a politically focused Mormon cultist who seeks now to "unite leaders of all faiths" and my message appears to be rejected right off the bat & his swallowed up and defended vehemently. What's wrong with this picture? Is it not at least worth prayer, reflection, and looking to God's Word before we are so "quick to speak and slow to hear"?
Isn't that what the moderators request is about? "The site moderators ask you before you post that you consider PRAYING & asking the Lord if you have the right to serve others in the body of Christ before posting and pressing the submit button."?

2010/9/3 10:46

Re:

Amen Jeff... good word. You are right on the money.

Mormonism is not the only cult at work here... among evangelical Christians the "cult of personality" is also at work. Or dare I say the "cult of Glenn Beck's personality". This "cult" can be seen when people defend their favorite TV preachers, etc. We see this "cult" rise up in folks whenever we discuss Joyce Meyer, Kenneth Copeland... even obvious charlatans like Benny Hinn. People can't see beyond their own noses if their favorite "personality" is challenged in the slightest way.

Krispy

2010/9/3 11:52

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy