SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : I found this debate interesting "Trinity in the Old Testament"

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
RainMan

Re:

Quote:
You are correct that having correct theology doesn't necessarily mean that you have a relationship with God

If the law of our God is not written in our hearts by the Holy Ghost it is possible to have "correct theology"?

Jesus came to bare witness of the truth, he sent another in his stead, that is the very spirit of truth.

A baby does not need to understand the bio chemistry involved in converting its mothers milk into energy to grow cells, but they are born with a physiological response that produces the hunger that drives them to feed.

I think its the same with the Holy Ghost and Gods word. New born babes should seek the "sincere milk" of the word that they may grow as peter would say. Later as the child matures it understands things it previously didn't.

I think the final stage of our understanding is when we behold that which is perfect face to face.

Someone point me to where Jesus is at, where people are convicted of sin, regenerated, walking in the spirit, filled with the spirit and living as the salt and the light of the word being fruitful and saving souls for the kingdom thats where i yearn to be.

Phaney,
I think you have a point with Roman catholic theology. There might well be elements of Catholicism still deeply en-grained within our theology today. But as long as we keep on fellowshiping with the Spirit of truth, im sure he will do his part and teach us the essential truth.

2010/8/31 13:03Profile
castling

Re:

Quote:
If the law of our God is not written in our hearts by the Holy Ghost it is possible to have "correct theology"?

Hmm, you're right! Though it is still possible for anybody to assert certain facts about God.

2010/9/1 9:57Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy