SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Please Saints, I need your prayers daily for me

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
ManofGod0000

Re:

Again,

Thanks to all tht have responded, I understand what many of u say about medications, I am in "pressure cooker" of a nursing program, and I can't seem to control my thoughts or feelings at the moment.

I feel like God is there, but there are times that I cannot see the light of day...... I want the joy of Christ, i want to feel and be lifted by the spirit of God.

Keep me lifeted up

2010/7/4 12:48Profile
TrueWitness

Re: Please Saints, I need your prayers daily for me

If you feel like you're on the verge of a nervous breakdown, I strongly suggest you start taking these 2 vitamins three times a day:
1) Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) 500 mg.
2) Vitamin C 1000 mg.

These are what brought me out of a nervous breakdown that had me an insomniac and almost bed-ridden with exhaustion. Take each one in the dose above three times a day.

And I will be praying for you as well.

2010/7/4 14:16Profile
ManofGod0000

Re:

Thank you kindly my friend in Christ. God is great and HE loves me, I will continue to focus on that absolutely outstanding truth.

I went with my wife to her family reunion today, and I was actually palying a little football with some of the kids, and for a moment, my mind was completely off of it. But as night sets, and the quote un quote, "the fun" ends, I begin to feel as if a cloud is trying to come over me.

I will press by faith, no matter how frustrating it feels.

Please keep me as well as many others who suffer with the same issues. I feel for them so much right now.

With Love

manofgod0000

2010/7/4 20:49Profile
roadsign

On the topic of anxiety

Hi, Manofgod,
It sounds like you are in a crucial stage of your life journey - and it's rough going! I noticed that you mentioned the word “anxiety” a few times. You are in nursing. I remember back to those days myself, and I can readily conceive of many possible triggers for anxiety – not only related to the program, but also to how the experience integrates with many other factors! Still, your story is not mine.

It’s natural for us to wish relief from the anxiety, as anxiety can be immensely incapacitating. Whether you take medication is NOT for us to speculate, as we do not know your full situation. Having said that, remedies for anxiety, while they can free us up to work on our "stuff", can also work so well that they may make it easy to avoid dealing with the deeper issues – which require much hard work and time.

Anxiety can be a gift to us – and a tool for growth towards deeper freedom and vibrant faith in Christ. Let it work in your favor. If you are in nursing, I’m sure you will be able to appreciate and readily absorb some of the literature I suggest - not only for your own personal growth, but also for your professional development.

Albert J. Bernstein, “How To Deal With Emotionally Explosive People”. (The title doesn’t reveal that this book is an excellent resource about anxiety and its etiology. I highly recommend this one!

Wayne Oates; “Anxiety in Christian Experience” (This deals especially with spiritual and theological concepts – a source for meditation. )

For added discussion on anxiety - as it relates to the church and ministry (but benefits all), and for its emotional systems approach:
Ronald W. Richardson, “Becoming a Healthier Pastor”, and
“Creating a Healthier Church”.

You should be able to get these cheap on Amazon.com, or some other online book distributors.

Or, you may be drawn to other resources. There are many.

May God be your guide in your journey to inner tranquility and transformation in him.

Diane

2010/7/4 22:11Profile
ManofGod0000

Re: On the topic of anxiety

Thank you Roadsign (diane)

Immensely, thank you

I will look into it, I do wish u could ellaborate more, even by PM is possible.

Thanx

2010/7/5 0:11Profile
nasekom

Dublin,Ireland

Re:

i will pray for you brother

2010/7/5 7:54Profile
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: Please Saints, I need your prayers daily for me

This could be something very simple and treatable, have yourself checked for Andropause.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andropause

2010/7/5 13:29Profile
roadsign

Re: Blessings to you in your faith journey

Hi brother,
I trust that God is enveloping you in his secure arms these days, according to his steadfast love. He is, indeed, your best friend, father, brother, advocate, and guide, and above all, your redeemer. Without him, we all would have to resort to some way of numbing our angst.

From that perspective, people like you who experience turmoil might actually be closer to God than those who seem to have it all together. Do take heart in knowing that God is working in your life – even in thrusting you outside your comfort zones. If he kept you (or any of us) safe inside our comfort zones, we would never have to experience vulnerable emotions like anxiety, loneliness, etc; but we would never become aware of our neediness, and would never see a need to move on in our journey of faith.

Quote:
I do wish u could ellaborate more, even by PM is possible.

Yes, I said little, partly because time limitation (that relentless obstacle) stands in the way. But then, I think it’s best that applicable literature (including scripture!) speaks for itself – or rather that God speaks through it - as well as through real 3-D people who are part of your life.

Just an observation: Through my five years on SI certain patterns seem to emerge. For example when one of our brothers or sisters discloses a personal struggle, a host of armchair psychologists and spiritual guides arise out of the shadows, and - with little true understanding of the poster, offers a vast array of suggestions. I am one of them. This must surely add to the burden. Of course, trained caregivers realize they must get to know the person FIRST – or better still, help the careseeker get to know him or herself.

Here is where a public discussion board has its limits. It is not the place to disclose the breadth of one's personal life or even one's closest relational contexts – the very aspects which are critical factors in the healing journey.

Having said that, I’m convinced that Paul’s prayer for Christians apply to you – in a very personal way. So, this is my heartfelt prayer for you right now:

Ephesians 3:
14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family [a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord's people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21 to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen. TNIV

Blessings,
Diane

2010/7/9 7:40Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy