SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A New Covenant

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 Next Page )
PosterThread
makrothumia

Texas

Re: Nasher

The unwholesome speech in your posts make them difficult to read.

makrothumia

2010/10/12 10:04Profile

Alan

"The unwholesome speech in your posts make them difficult to read."

then i beg, plead your forgiveness Alan, without reservation, or qualification.

But i implore, what if, as probably the only Jew on this forum, i speak the truth in Christ?

what if, i speak of things, that no Gentile follower of Messiah, would even want to remember in the history of his forefathers?

and i further beg you, as you have accused me of sin, please, as a brother, show me where i have sinned in unwholesome speech.

i ask that not in contention, but if indeed i am wrong in my forthtelling, believe me, i will admit my error in the blink of an eye, as i have no ego, or desire to "be right", "win an argument", or any such foolishness.

i write with God and history as my witness, i do not lie, these things happened, and are happening to this very day.

could it be, that these painful truths about the actions of those who were given so much by Jesus, that when one who remembers, unpacks them, that they are "difficult to read"?

again i beg, show me any unwholesomeness or lie from my keyboard/heart, and after weighing it, and found wanting, will be quick to repent.

2010/10/12 10:29
makrothumia

Texas

Re: Alan

Dear Nathan

Here is a simple test for you. Every matter must be established by two or three witnesses. If I am the only witness to this, then you can set my own concern aside. Why don't you ask the other readers of this forum if any of them would bear witness to with me. If they do not I will consider the problem my own and acknowledge that to you and others.

makrothumia

2010/10/12 10:38Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
unwholesome speech

We all have at times such speech to other brothers and sisters. May we all search our hearts to allow God to teach us Himself and His ways in our speech. I stand in need of great grace to help me tongue to be under self-control and speak that which edifies my brother and uplifts him.

May we surrender all to Him including our tongues. As Ravenhill said: "Crucify our tongues, our little squirming member, nail it to the cross Lord!"

2010/10/12 10:55Profile

Re:

Alan,
i begged you, humbly, show me where my post went "unwholesome". Yet you propose, on an anonymous cyber platform, to gather others to bear witness with you?

anonymous, faceless, unaccountable?

the Scriptural "Every matter established by two or three witnesses" is applicable in a face to face ekkelsia, not a 21st century anonymous cyber forum, where for the joy of a stone, anyone can let fly.

i submitted this matter to you, your accusation of me, its between you, me and God. i assumed you are of courage, and a right spirit, therefore point me out specifically my sin of unwholesome speech, which i cheerfully an transparently submitted to you. But think not, that i will submit myself to a cyber mob.

so again i implore, be of courage, point me to the error of my ways.

neil

2010/10/12 11:05
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Dear Neil,

I have to agree with 'makrothumia'. I was very upset to read your first post on this topic. I felt your post was uncalled for in response it what was written by Nasher.

For over 30 years of being a christian I have always been in and associated with churches/fellowships that upheld God's unchanging promise to the Jewish people, right from my first days as a Christian I was taught to support and recognise this fact (amazing that, and me being British!).

Now I don't want to get into this issue now, as the point of my post is to lovingly say to you that you need to consider before you write such a hot headed a post. I have appreciated many of your posts, but I have also noticed that on some issues you gently rebuke those who are too quick to judge and condemn, but on other issues such as this (which are close to your heart) you are very quick to 'shoot from the hip' with a scatter gun, casting accusations at all who dare question an issue.

BTW, I doubt if you are the only Jew on this site.:-)

2010/10/12 11:14Profile
makrothumia

Texas

Re:

You have asked for an answer and I will provide you one. Lest you be wise in your own eyes. Here are some of your unwholesome words. Below them I will explain the error and falacy they contain.

"yet again, another Briton, forwarding the feckless theology of "replacement theology"....i've noticed the most ardent proponents of this damnable theo-spew call England their home, and i ask my self, why the British? But after all replacemnt theology came out of "british- israelism".

and what i come up with is, after all Britain WAS once of the most bloodthirsty rapacious imperial powers on this earth, (of course, we've followed in their footsteps) and weakened significantly after WW2, a small band of armed Jews was able to give Britain the boot from Palestine....that might play a role in Britons engaging in such theo-flights of fantasy as replacement theology.

and of course, centuries before that Britons made life hell for Jews, forced explusions, institutionalized anti-semitism, etc."

I ask you brother Nathan, what does one being a British citizen have to do with this? Does it not really have to do with whether one is abiding in Christ or walking by the Spirit? Is a person's nationality really the root of their actions. Certainly it might be a part of their carnal thought process, but sin does not have its source from the physical country a person lives.

You have "categorized" Britons into one lump. Did all Briton's make life hell for Jews? If anyone really made life hell for another person, was it really because they were living in a certain nation, or was it that they were living in sin without Christ?

If you need further examples, I will glady provide them.

brother alan

2010/10/12 11:16Profile

Re: A New Covenant

Dear Neil,

I have a great difficulty with your Jewish schooling, which has taught you to think a certain way about Gentiles, history, and now, the Church.

You are so sure you understand, that you cannot hear what the Spirit is saying in scripture, which renders some of your points invalid. Don't you realise that the people in history who persecuted Jews weren't reading scripture properly either?

I did not at all like your post on which makrothumia commented, because it shows you have no real interest in understanding what brethren here write, (including posts I've written in the past), trying to show that 'replacement theology' is not a scriptural concept. Can you hear me? 'Replacement theology' is NOT a SCRIPTURAL concept.

I would dearly love to lead you through a Bible study, question by question, one at a time, after which it should be impossible for you to hold the opinions you expressed on the previous screen page, but that could only be, if you can approach scripture with a new attitude.

Lastly, it would be helpful if you would spend some time mediating on what it means to be a Jew who is DEAD in Christ (Rom 6:5). How is this any different from being a Gentile who is DEAD in Christ, with regard to being raised to walk in NEWNESS of LIFE? I don't understand.

Thank you for your help in this.

Greetings in Christ, and every upon you blessing today.

2010/10/12 11:31
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Saints,

One thing to note on the side of our brother Neil, replacement theology is a theology that began with many of the reformers and was propogated highly in england thinking themselves to be the "Israel of God" and now america has been following the same dangerous path.

No one is perfect but we should definetly see Romans 9-11 teach us to have "humility" as believers in Christ that we are ingrafted into God's promises given to Adam, Noah and then to Israel (Jacob) and now to the Church.

May we all have grace and love and mercy in our words. not accusing or excusing but sharing the truth in love.

as written above every "submit" button is this phrase:

Quote:
The site moderators ask you before you post that you consider praying and ask the Lord if you have the right spirit to serve others in the body of Christ before posting and pressing the submit button. Please also look at these scriptures: Matthew 12:36, James 1:26, Colossians 4:6.

here are the scriptures from the amplified bible:

Matthew 12:36 - "But I tell you, on the day of judgment men will have to give account for every [a]idle (inoperative, nonworking) word they speak."

James 1:26 - "If anyone thinks himself to be religious (piously observant of the external duties of his faith) and does not bridle his tongue but deludes his own heart, this person's religious service is worthless (futile, barren)."

Colossians 4:6 - "Let your speech at all times be gracious (pleasant and winsome), seasoned [as it were] with salt, [so that you may never be at a loss] to know how you ought to answer anyone [who puts a question to you]."

2010/10/12 11:38Profile

for your perusal

"If anyone really made life hell for another person, was it really because they were living in a certain nation, or was it that they were living in sin without Christ?"

in many many instances, "they" WERE the church, which had been joined with the Crown, much as rome had appropriated the church in 315 Ad, so i'll pin up wikipedia articles applicable to what i wrote:(in the chance you are interested to read)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edict_of_Expulsion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_libel

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Israelism

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Jews_in_England

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersessionism

i'll stop there, but worse has been done to the Jews worlwide...."in the name of Jesus" by various denominations/churches....murdering mobs whipped up by clergy.

of course not, ALL Britons, hasty i was, but not unwholesome. Have you not noticed that every empire that has risen up and murdered the Jewish people, has come to ruin and destruction?

i stand by what i say and testify, i have not lied.

as far as other Jews who follow Jesus on this forum, would to God they testify to Messiah. in 8 years on this forum, i have seen not one...not one.

neil

2010/10/12 11:57

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy