SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : A New Covenant

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 Next Page )
PosterThread
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Gregg said, "No, i have never thought or taught of Ezekiel's vision regarded memorial sacrafices. The Holy Day Shabbat's of Isaiah has not been thought or taught to be such either."

The question then is, how do you expect those prophecies that call for animal sacrifices to be fulfilled?

For you also said, "i have been wrong in claiming it is merely ten commandments that are in force, because the prophets state in His established kingdom on earth, even the sacrafices and Holy Days will be enforced in righteousness and justice, as it has been meant to be ever since these holy, perfect, and good things were brought to light."

?

2010/7/25 0:45Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Robert wrote:

Quote:
I believe Job knew God's mind on the matter, but I don't believe Moses was the source of that revelation.

I see that you are not willing to discuss with readiness of mind the Scriptures...

so be it...

This reminds me of a time when Jesus asked the Pharisees about what they believed of John the Baptist. The Pharisees reasoned among themselves and found that they were caught in a predicament.

In Christ
Jeff

2010/7/25 9:33Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
A distinction is often made between the moral and the ceremonial 'law' but I question whether we have the authority to do this.

.........................................................................................................................Mar 12:28 Then one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, perceiving [fn] that He had answered them well, asked Him, "Which is the first commandment of all?"

Mar 12:29 Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Mar 12:30 'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment. [fn]

Mar 12:31 "And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."

Mar 12:32 So the scribe said to Him, "Well said, Teacher. You have spoken the truth, for there is one God, and there is no other but He.

Mar 12:33 "And to love Him with all the heart, with all the understanding, with all the soul, [fn] and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is more than all the whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."
........................................................................................................................

To love God and to love your neighbor satisfies the law of God. From the beginning in the Garden of Eden this has always been the purpose for which God created man.

There is only one God. Man has been given the choice to believe this precept or to find his own god.

Man is called to love God with every ounce of his being. Without God's grace, His supernatural lovingkindness man is condemned by this first and greatest commandment.

Man is called to love one's neighbor. Yet if man does not love God and has created for himself another god without power or worse yet has sold his soul to the devil. This man is condemned to strive with his neighbor.

We have this progression......

The two great commandments encompass the 10 commandment. The first 4 commandments defines the ways which man is to love God. The second 6 commandments defines the ways which man is to love his neighbor.

These 10 commandments then are subdivided into the more extensive descriptions of both the 4 and 6 commandments found in books of Leviticus, Exodus, Numbers, and Dueteronomy. These describe in more detail what it means to love God and neighbor.

I have to go

In Christ
Jeff
Jeff

2010/7/25 9:56Profile

Re:

Gregg said, "No, i have never thought or taught of Ezekiel's vision regarded memorial sacrafices. The Holy Day Shabbat's of Isaiah has not been thought or taught to be such either."

The question then is, how do you expect those prophecies that call for animal sacrifices to be fulfilled?

For you also said, "i have been wrong in claiming it is merely ten commandments that are in force, because the prophets state in His established kingdom on earth, even the sacrafices and Holy Days will be enforced in righteousness and justice, as it has been meant to be ever since these holy, perfect, and good things were brought to light."

?
------------------------------------------------------------

How will they be fulfilled?

i don't know, but indeed they will.

What it says is true.

How we currently understand this is mere speculation.

Until this is an active daily part of life (to come) we may not ever understand.

i am not going to say anything about it except what the scripture promises will be.

God said it.

That settles it.

2010/7/25 10:13
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Quote:
I believe Job knew God's mind on the matter, but I don't believe Moses was the source of that revelation.

I see that you are not willing to discuss with readiness of mind the Scriptures...

so be it...

Just because I don't believe Moses was the source of Job's revelation does not mean I am not prepared to discuss the scriptures. It is my view that the revelation of God's will was known to some degree since the beginning. For example, adultery and murder were crimes long before Moses. Cain slew his brother and then acted evasive when God questioned him. Why? He knew what he had done was a crime.

2010/7/25 14:25Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re: According to who?

Quote:
Ron you said that it was love is manifested through (the giving of) Law and either imply in that grace is not part of love or are you just nitpicking again? If grace is not love and love is not grace, you have alot of explaining to do.

Where have I ever implied that grace is not part of love? Grace is love in action.

2010/7/25 16:24Profile

Re:

Ron:

Where have I ever implied that grace is not part of love? Grace is love in action.
------------------------------------------------------------
g:

This thread, page 23, 2nd post, like this:

by Phanetheus on 2010/7/24 2:04:35

Quote:
You two do not think Law is grace, but Law is Grace:

and you reply:

Not so. The law was an expression of God's love...

(w/ Duet. 33:2-4 following to prove it)

2010/7/25 17:43
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Scripture in Job points to the existence of the 10 commandments which called on that generation of love God and to love your neighbor. Yet no one is willing to acknowledge this requirement of God of men before Moses. So let us examine the generations that followed the death and resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

....................................................................................................................

Mar 12:29 Jesus answered him, "The first of all the commandments is: 'Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Mar 12:30 'And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.' This is the first commandment. [fn]

Mar 12:31 "And the second, like it, is this: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no other commandment greater than these."
........................................................................................................................

Have these commandments passed away?

In Christ
Jeff

2010/7/25 20:05Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Why in the name of God would He begin all over again? God has layed all the sacrifices of man and animal at the blood soaked foot of the Cross and to return to animal blood sacrifice is sacriledge and is putting all under bondage again. Christ has come to set us free, never to be in bondage again.

John 8:35-36 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. John 8:35-36 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

In Christ: Phillip

2010/7/25 20:43Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Quote:
Why in the name of God would He begin all over again?

God begins in every generation starting with Adam unto the last day of the 1000 year reign of Christ.

The call of God upon man is this....

To love God and to love one another. This precept has never changed. There is always in every generation the requirements of man that he obey the 10 commandments which are a sum of the greatest commandments.

Only by faith through the power of the Holy Spirit are we transformed into the image of His Son Jesus Christ. This faith is given to man by the effective working of God in man. Read Psalm 119 for the detail.

In Christ
Jeff

2010/7/25 21:45Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy