Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Help, need feedback; Dead fundametalism

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Areadymind

Pacific Ocean

Re:

"I wonder where to draw the line as i cant walk in agreement with the church but my wife is highly involved, its agonizing to sit and listen at times."

Brother Ollie, not being where you are, or knowing the situation, I can say for sure that your concern is one shared by many believers today. Post-modernism is spreading like a raging cancer throughout the "body" if it truly is that.

The only piece of advice I can give you from experience is to not harden your heart to the conviction of the Spirit. It will lead to bitterness. I know firsthand. Secondly. You are the priest of your home, not your wife, but you must lead by example, my Pastor commonly says that it is easier to pull a rope than it is to push it, by that he means true leadership will pull others along behind you, rather than trying to push them in front of you. Search the scriptures. If the Spirit is leading you, He will always lead you to the Word of God, to get to know the living Word, and His call for your life.

Thirdly, remember what Jesus said about loving fathers, mothers, brothers, wives, and children more than Jesus...

Fourthly I would remember what Jude said..."on some have compassion, making a difference; And others save with fear pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh." -Jude 22-23 (Submit to this once you have gathered what it is in the "faith once delivered to the saints," that you are to contend for.

Fifthly, flee to prayer...pray above all things. You cannot change your wife's heart, but Jesus can. Plead that he would lead and direct you through the valley of death into greener pastures brother. Pray that he opens the eyes of the blind. He answers these prayers of faith brother. He has done so for me on many occasions.

"I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver me from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day." -Psalm 91:2-5

2010/6/22 22:19Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy