SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Keep the Fire Burning!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
iamhis

North Carolina

Re: Praise God for a Desperate Heart

It is so helpful to hear that God has someones attention. Hunger for God is so hard to find in this day. So many are satisfied with a taste and they are wasting away spiritually while they are feasting carnally. Be after God for He is seeking such hearts that He may fill.

2006/7/3 2:48Profile

Re:

Hi all.

PJ I was just wondering what exactly you meant by 'putting aside' a certain number of days to seek the Lord.

I think that I am going through a state of personal revival in my life at the moment; basically I don't watch TV, don't listen to/read secular stuff and I am reading my Bible and praying a whole lot more, also singing along to loads of worship music. I feel a fire is beginning to burn.

I hope that this doesn't sound like an excuse to boast about my spirituality, and I know that I can't boast about that because I am one of the worst sinners on earth! I am just genuinely unsure about what you meant about putting aside a certain number of days. If you meant the kind of thing which I have been doing, then please let me know!

God bless

2006/7/3 4:02

Re:

If well meaning Christian folk would come to realize the fire they speak of that needs to be kept burning is the all consuming Fire of God many would not pray to have it a reality in their life. Shallow and Sad, that disposition.

:-(rm

2006/7/3 8:19
rayoflight

Ottawa

Re: to boast or not to boast

Dear Richard,

Not that I have any great discernment, but for what it is worth, I sensed no boasting. I think that there is definitely a careful place called encouragement, and what you shared did that for me. God bless.
Rainer

2006/8/17 8:40Profile
jeffutah

Ogden Utah USA

Re:

hello just going thru your post. interesting stuff.it seems to me the play on words faith of Christ,or faith in Christ has nothing to do with your faith or mine because all faith is a gift of the spirit.so it is all his faith. I am glad to here that you have broken your bondage to sin the only one one that you might have missed is PRIDE.I could be wrong but Paul said who God justifies he sanctifies and i will be looking forward to that day but for me it wont be on this earth.Jesus will present me clean to the Father because of his righteousness not mine.
by the way the Wycliffe new testament has faith of Christ. Have a great day

Free in Christ
jeff

2006/8/25 3:13Profile

Re:

Here we go again :-(

2006/9/16 7:21

Re:

Ha!.... thats a good one ormly. :-)

2006/9/16 7:31
avessel

Kosovo

Re:

I can definately relate to the spiritual roller coaster lifestyle. Your message was very encouraging and it touched my heart as well as give me insight and a deeper yearning for God. Thank you my brother for your testimony. God bless you!!!

2006/10/24 11:01Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

This message has been "stickyed" in the lounge section for 2 years now and God has used it to bring much hunger for Himself! I am retiring it and locking the thread. I do pray that the Lord has had His purposes with the words that brother PJ had to share with us.

It will be searchable via: Keep the Fire Burning!

2007/1/8 14:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy