SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : Prayer for those struggling with sexual sin!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
Renoncer

Re:

MyVeryHeart,
That video testimony is excellent. It made me think about the previous discussion on this issue.

Satan wants us to stay captive to sin, and to think that we don't really have victory in Christ. The truth is that we are more than conquerors in Christ, that we have exceedingly great power by His Spirit, that we are slaves to righteousness in Him... IF the Spirit of Christ truly dwells in us.

Whether someone is a slave to sin, or struggling against it, the answer is always the same: Turn to Christ.
Once you have Christ, abide in Him. By the Spirit, make war and put this sin to death.

We need to realize that this is an ongoing war. You will never be able to sit back and say, "I don't need to fight anymore, the war's over." Only when Christ takes us home will we be able to do that. Until then, take up your armor. Take up your sword, your bow, your shield, and come in the ranks. We should be here for one another. If a brother is struggling in the battle, we should be there with him DURING THE FIGHT, not simply picking up the pieces after defeat. I strongly believe in that. If a brother calls me at 3:00 a.m. and wants me to pray with him because he is struggling against sin, may I always be available to carry his burden. That is true brotherly love.

Praise God for the victory that He has given us in Christ. This is not just a theory; this is a reality. Let us always remember this powerful truth.

2010/11/22 9:30Profile

Re:

This is exactly what was on my heart, too much focus is on sin. That's exactly how we're taught at church to be perfect and that if we fall to sexual sin, we are perverts and unholy. When the truth is the most upright man can have the dirtiest heart and even the dirtiest prostitute can have the cleanest heart before God.

It's about your heart and only God can help. We are evil, sinners and powerless to sin. Only God can help.

2010/12/8 2:59

Re:

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/user/illbehonest?blend=1&ob=4#p/a/u/0/E1leTC8JYOE This testimony blessed me. I pray it blesses you.

This is really confusing. See how easily this can be works based salvation here too. He is saying that if you struggle with sexual sin, you are not saved. That if you struggle with drug or any other addiction, you are not saved. This is a works based salvation.

Someone please explain.

2010/12/8 3:21
MyVeryHeart

Paradise, California

Re:

Quote:
Someone please explain.

He is testifying not teaching on salvation. That being said, "No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God." (1 John 3:9)

"Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God." (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)

2010/12/8 3:33Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

It is NOT a works based salvation

Quote:
Someone please explain.

Brother codek,

I know I'm a female but I'm 51, probably old enough to be your mother so I will speak as a mother to you on this issue...

You CANNOT believe every person who says they are of God, I’m sorry. I don't care what Scriptures they throw at you, that is the “letter of the law” and God’s own word says that the letter of the law kills but it’s the Spirit that gives life. And the Spirit of God will lead you into all truth (John 16.13). God is for you, brother and wants you to be an overcomer!

Mark 16.18 says.... “they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.”

If you do not go to a church where they lay hands on, YOU (yes, you can!), YOU start laying hands on your own self and pray and believe that you will recover from whatever it is that plagues you. Tell the Lord, the Bible says this and that and I’m just dumb enough to believe your word, God. Nothing else has worked so I will stand on your word; that I will recover from __________. I believe that by your power I will recover from (such and such), in your name Jesus, I pray.

In your secret prayer closet, start worshipping Him; telling God how wonderful He is, etc; then lay your hands on your head (everyday) and confess the exact natural of your sins (yes, it's humiliating but it's honest before God); then repent and BELIEVE that you are forgiven and that you will recover in Jesus name.

Do not give up until you know that you know that God has heard your hearts cry. Sometimes we give up too soon, brother. Don't give up!

God bless you and someday, let us know how this turns out. I expect to hear wonderful things!

Lisa

2010/12/8 10:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy