SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Rick Warren Tells Passive, Fake Christians to Find Another Church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Rick Warren Tells Passive, Fake Christians to Find Another Church

Pastor Rick Warren has a message for the some 20,000 people who attend Saddleback Church: If you want to remain a passive Christian, find another church.

During his weekend sermon, Warren laid out a plan for Saddleback's next "Decade of Destiny" in which he's anticipating exponential growth. And the plan has no room for fake Christians, he indicated.

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/article/20100524/rick-warren-tells-passive-fake-christians-to-find-another-church/index.html

2010/5/25 21:33Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re: Rick Warren Tells Passive, Fake Christians to Find Another Church

If the Bride will return to her first
love, if she will forsake unrighteousness
and worldly desires, if she will clothe
herself in the holiness of the One who
bought her with HIS own life's blood;
then we will see the remnant of the body
of Christ restored!!

2010/5/25 21:54Profile

Rick Warren is noble in his attempts. Programs is never the answer, but they will try to make it happen. We all need to wait on God prayerfully. I hope they will find a place of true repentance where our face meets the floor. You never know though, God hasn't cast anyone off, there is always hope as long as we have breath.

2010/5/25 22:29

Re:

Now THIS is especially precious. First he raises and grooms them, then he tells them they're no longer welcome in his church. Purpose Driven's fruits ARE the passive fake Christians. It's like a father teaching his children to lie, cheat, and steal, and then condemning them for doing so, and saying they're no children of his.

On the bright side, at least now he has a ten year plan. I'm so grateful that in the Scriptures it shows that God is subject to our itinerary. As long as we have the goal, it would seem God has no choice but to act.....

2010/5/25 23:10
winthrup7

Re:

Quote:
Therefore Eli said unto Samuel, Go, lie down: and it shall be, if he call thee, that thou shalt say, Speak, LORD; for thy servant heareth. So Samuel went and lay down in his place. (1 Sam 3:9, KJV).

I am mindful of this passage tonight. I am reminded of the significance laid forth even through Eli, whose house was guilty of much iniquity: "If he call thee".

I have been troubled by a generation that has lost a sense of calling, and yet will implore titles and positions of authority without every learning to "lay down in [his] place". How we have failed to listen as Paul listened, watch like Peter, or wait like John.

I'm convinced that if we fail to come and find [our place] before the Lord both individually and corporately, our accomplishments are carnal and worldly however spiritual they appear. Not because our intentions were evil per se, but because they lack both the reality and authenticity of Christ's glory.

For many in ministry, a sense of accomplishment is preferred over identification with Christ.

I am also convinced that if we do come to [our place] before him as Samuel did, we will find his grace sufficient in all things despite our weaknesses and even our ignorance. This is the beauty of Christ. He can use any type of church large or small, should they yield with reckless abandon to Christ and His Cross.

It's a precious thing to be lent to the Lord like Samuel. May it be said of me that I was "lent to the Lord as long as i live". It shall be a far greater treasure to Christ than any endeavor of my own, and therefore the pleasure of my heart.

Quote:
Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there. (1 Sam 1:28)

2010/5/26 1:27Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: everest's comment

"Now THIS is especially precious. First he raises and grooms them, then he tells them they're no longer welcome in his church."

Just gave me my chuckle of the day!!

2010/5/26 8:01Profile

Re: Pulling out the weeds?

Firstly, Rick Warren is a consummate humanist, and his concept of pleasing God is not the same as the bible....trusting in the blood of Jesus and repenting unto holiness.

In this quote below, we see the inclusiveness; Universalism, that drives Warren's perverted gospel that probably includes everyone on the earth that wants "God."

Warren speaking;
"In his book Sacred Pathways, Gary [Thomas] identifies nine of the ways people draw near to God: Naturalists are most inspired to love God out-of-doors, in natural settings. Sensates love God with their senses and appreciate beautiful worship services that involve their sight, taste, smell and touch, not just their ears.

Traditionalists draw closer to God through rituals, liturgies, symbols, and unchanging structures. Ascetics prefer to love God in solitude and simplicity. Activists love God through confronting evil, battling injustices, and working to make the world a better place.

Caregivers love God by loving others and meeting their needs. Enthusiasts love God through celebration. Contemplatives love God through adoration. Intellectuals love God by studying with their minds" (p. 103).

"The purpose driven life."...Rick Warren

This is new age anti-Christ; anti blood dribble from the siver anointed forked tongue! Nothing of the truth gospel here.

In his inaugural address/prayer of President Obama, he tried to bind the name of Jesus with the Moslem Messiah, ISA, as one and the same.

Muslims do believe that Isa was sent down as a Prophet of Allah (God), but he (Jesus) is not God or Lord, nor the son of God. Muslims do not believe that Isa , also known as Jesus by Christians and others, is dead or was ever crucified.

"I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now. How be it when he, the spirit of Truth will come, he will guide you into all truth, for he shall speak not of himself,

but whatsoever he shall hear, that he shall speak, and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me, for he shall receive of mine, and he shall show it unto you."
John 16-12:14

Ulema (learned scholars in Islam) have said that the person who is described by Hadhrat Isa to come after him - in the above verse - does not comply with any other person but Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him).

In this case, the "comforter" he mentions is none other than Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) and his laws and way of life (Shariah) and Book (Holy Qur'an) are those that Hadhrat Isa (A.S.) asks his followers to abide by."

"Rick Warren Tells Passive, Fake Christians to Find Another Church."...original post.

"Pastor Rick Warren has a message for the some 20,000 people who attend Saddleback Church: If you want to remain a passive Christian, find another church.

During his weekend sermon, Warren laid out a plan for Saddleback's next "Decade of Destiny" in which he's anticipating exponential growth. And the plan has no room for fake Christians, he indicated."

This has been going on for several years now. Christians in the churches are asked to sign a covenant not to question the Pastor's intent, and commit to doing; mobilizing to Warren's radical social engineering projects, where he sees the churches, mosques, and synagogues [ all under one God...who is the same for all] as the regional foundations to distribute positive spirituality.

Several churches have been split through this takeover....a chapter [day] of his book is devoted to it.

If you don't sign on, it's time to move on.Many don't, and leave...

He's weeding out the church, OK....Those who believe the real gospel must obey his agenda, or leave.

Anti-Christ....in place of Christ.

2010/5/26 12:12
JS

Behind a Computer Desk

Quote:
Pastor Rick Warren has a message for the some 20,000 people who attend Saddleback Church: If you want to remain a passive Christian, find another church.

During his weekend sermon, Warren laid out a plan for Saddleback's next "Decade of Destiny" in which he's anticipating exponential growth. And the plan has no room for fake Christians, he indicated.

Hate to say it, but Pastor Warren confuses me sometimes. Sort of wishy-washy if you ask me.

2010/5/28 1:29Profile
mguldner

Kansas

Re:

Quote:
He's weeding out the church, OK....Those who believe the real gospel must obey his agenda, or leave.

So do you think that this message and plan has anything to do with Saddleback Church being broke? A Call to the Tithers maybe?

2010/5/28 1:40Profile
Nellie

Re:

Wonderful post, Winthrup7.
So very true.
God Bless.
Nellie

2010/5/28 8:01Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy