SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Question: any source on this report of Messiah announcement

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
JoanM

Question: any source on this report of Messiah announcement

Haven of Rest, a radio program, interviewed the head of Christian Witness to Israel, by phone today. I heard part of it. "that on March 17, there were billboards reporting a risen-from-the dead 'Tel Aviv Messiah.'" That is what I thought he said.

Their web site produced no article when I searched that phrase. I don't recall this news posted on SI. Has anyone heard of this, recall reports, have a source confirming this occurred. This program is usually prompt and accurate on their reports. Who put these up?

Thanks for any help.

2010/5/21 14:50Profile

Re: Question: any source on this report of Messiah announcement

April 1st 2010

Messiah in Tel Aviv

In the last few weeks there have been a series of full-page advertisements in Israeli newspapers by a self-proclaimed "Mashiach" in Tel Aviv. The writer not only refers to himself as Messiah, but speaks on behalf of God in the first person. He claims that the Netanyahu government will be the last; and that the next government will be his – that is, the government of the Messiah.

He claims that the war of Gog and Magog is imminent and that all the nations are already organizing for a massive attack against Israel. He quotes many scriptures, particularly of the Hebrew prophets. He also claims that the only way to escape destruction is to obey all the rabbinic tradition and to believe that he is the Messiah.

Matthew 24:24: For false messiahs and false prophets will arise and do great signs and wonders in order to deceive, if possible, even the elect.

From Revive Israel

soure = http://www.amzi.org/html/english.html

some where midway down the page

2010/5/21 22:28
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

Re:

NOTE THE DATE VERY CAREFULLY! [April 1]

2010/5/21 23:04Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

strange!

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3702035,00.html

2010/5/21 23:10Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
strange! http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3702035,00.html

I also found this when I tried to research the question. It is odd???? Israel is very much seeking the Messiah. I recall a few years back hearing a song that at the time was playing on top 40 radio and in the disco's in Israel that was all about the return of the Messiah. One wonders if this desire for the Messiah will be the catalyst for Israel signing the covenant with the anti-Christ.

2010/5/22 10:16Profile
hulsey

Missouri

Re:

That commentary read almost like the Jewish version of post-modernism. "The Messiah will come from the question, not the answer."

The world is waiting for Jerusalem to weep as one weeps for an only son and cry out 'Blessed is He who comes in the name of the Lord.'

2010/5/22 12:14Profile

Re:

Quote:
One wonders if this desire for the Messiah will be the catalyst for Israel signing the covenant with the anti-Christ.

There will never be a signing of a so called verse of scripture fulfilling this chapter of Israel's history. Israel is NOT in bible prophecy, only the Church is. All those prophecies concerning Israel are over. She rejected her Messiah, there will never be a return. The current state of Israel so called is the greatest deception of the 20th century upon the Church. But soon the Churches eyes will be open and will find her place again at the right hand of the majesty on High. There is only ONE interest in the earth, the Church, which the gates of hell will not prevail against.

2010/5/22 20:31
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

snuf, how will you interpret Jeremiah 16:14-21?

2010/5/24 23:44Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

snufalapagus,

You made a statement without using scripture to verify what you have said.

Could you give scripture to support what you have said.

Thanks.

2010/5/25 4:40Profile

Re:

Snuf is propogating Preterism and Replacement Theology... both of which are false teachings.

I need not argue this with Snuf. Fact is fact.

Mark and avoid.

Romans 16:17 "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them."

Krispy

2010/5/25 9:19

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy