SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : America denounces 'Obamacare' threat

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
PosterThread
wind_blows

Re: sister Ellie

Quote:
Ellie, did i SAY that?

I did not say that you did call anyone a hypocrite, I was not sure what you were saying that was why I was asking. It was not meant to cause you such offense or to cause you to become angry. I do apologize for asking.

Quote:
is that clear and concise?

Brother your post is very clear. Sorry for bothering you.

in Him
Ellie

2010/3/22 18:39Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

Re: Scared to comment

I only want to say there is a possibility that God does call some of His children to politics, and they can still witness in that office. I am reminded of Wilberforce. If not for him, there would still be slave ships and plantations. We do not know what God speaks to the heart of each man, but if called to serve in that capacity we better obey, no matter what anyone thinks about it.

We need to pray for our land and our leadership, no matter who they are, so we can lead peaceful and quiet lives.

2010/3/22 18:58Profile
Wordizlife

Re:

im a newb at politics. anyone want to summarize what happened with this health care bill, please?

2010/3/22 23:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
- If you do NOT purchase insurance, you will be fined between $1500 to $4500 (depending on the size of your family) plus penalties for "late fees."
- If you do not pay the fine(s), you will face criminal charges and possible jail time.

Well, if this would actually happen, I can reasonably expect to be jailed. And I likely won't be the only one...maybe God wants to put us into prison so we can minister to someone there that we would not have been able to reach otherwise?

On the other hand, I cannot imagine this actually happening - they will have to enlarge the current prisons and wonder where that money will come from? Not enough? Oh well, one can always euthanize sick folks or even healthy ones...

ginnyrose

2010/3/23 0:37Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi Wordislife...

I posted a little summary at in this thread (a page or two back) located at 2010/3/22 9:59.

Hi Sister Ginnyrose...

Quote:
Well, if this would actually happen, I can reasonably expect to be jailed. And I likely won't be the only one...maybe God wants to put us into prison so we can minister to someone there that we would not have been able to reach otherwise?

On the other hand, I cannot imagine this actually happening - they will have to enlarge the current prisons and wonder where that money will come from? Not enough? Oh well, one can always euthanize sick folks or even healthy ones...

This is actually one of the only "enforcing" portions of this bill. My local Congresswoman argued that, "If this mandate wasn't in the bill, the legislation simply wouldn't work." In other words, this legal requirement (under penalty of law) is the only reason people would actually be encouraged (or forced) to purchase the insurance. Now, I spoke with someone today who actually told me to leave the country if I don't like this particular aspect of the new legislation.

2010/3/23 1:02Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

If you do not like this legislation... come move to Virginia.

Virginia has passed a law that declares the Federal Government does not have the authority to mandate health care insurance on any citizen in the Commonwealth of Virginia.

You can thank Bob Marshall for standing up to the Fed

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWafOZ6tvig&NR=1]Bob Marshall interviewed on Fox News.[/url]

2010/3/23 3:28Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

Chances are... if you live in a liberal / left wing state, you will be forced to buy health-care insurance from the Government... if you do not comply, you will be fined up to 25,000$ + jail time.

This is why the IRS is hiring 18,000 more employees.

2010/3/23 3:30Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: Natan4Jesus

Quote:
all this hyperventilating over providing medical insurance to the least of these.....

Neil,

If this TRULY was about "the least of these" then obamacare would not be forcing a one-payer system down the majorities throat. Possibly everyone except a couple of people on here KNOW that obamacare has absolutely zip, nada, nothing to do with 'the least of these.'

From what I've seen on SI and 85% of America, I have never seen people hyperventilate about giving health insurance to "the least of these" but I sure have seen the tremendous uproar over [b]everyone single person in America[/b] being forcibly taxed through single-payer system, which is against our constitution, period.

I'm all for giving 'the least of these' health insurance like like everyone else but I will NOT be a party to forcing on the majority a huge tax WITH fines for not participating in it.

God bless you, Neil

2010/3/23 6:13Profile
Lysa

This world is not my home anymore.

Re: states suing

Iwantanguish,

We may not have to move to Virginia; as of this morning there are 38 states moving to make amendments in their state constitutions based on the Federal 10th amendment!

Watch this 30 second video, most have probably seen it but boy oh boy does it resemble washington:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNAHjsAnTd4]So this is how liberty dies ... (from Star Wars)[/url]

2010/3/23 6:22Profile

Re: Krispy Steve

Quote:
do you really think that matters to me?

It never has before... didn't think it did this time either! You and I not agreeing on something... what a shocker! lol

Krispy

2010/3/23 8:34

©2002-2021 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy