SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What to do?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Joyful_Heart

What to do?

I need your thoughts on this saints. I have a situation where I am to get an inheritance. There are people who are after it to go where they want it to go through manipulations etc. Plus others who are not getting any and want mine. What would Jesus do is what I am asking myself and for your thoughts. The things I would be getting are passed down from my great-grandmother, great aunt and mother. I have always cherished my grandparents and mother and the heritage. But all the manipulations, lies and deceit that is going on takes away all the "good" from it all and it has become of small value in the light of all the ugliness that has gone on. My Mother had severe dementia and they took advantage of her and got her to sell land for $1.00 and a junk piece of land which she said she would never ever do when she was in her right mind and now that is gone from our heritage. So, my question is - if someone takes me to court or who wants it or who tries to do away with it before it is mine what do I do? Do I get a lawyer and fight for it? Or do I turn the other cheek? Or do I give them my cloak also? I have a heritage greater than anything here on earth with the Lord. I have been praying and asking the Lord what to do. At this point I just want to walk away. I am not a fighter. But I am wondering if that is just my personality or is it the Lord. I will of course pray about any thoughts any of you might have. Thank you ahead of time.

2010/3/8 14:10Profile
MaryJane

Re: What to do?

Joyful heart I am sorry for this situation you are in. I know how hurtful it can be. My grandmother had many items that she had wanted passed down to her grandchildren and great grandchildren. Some of these pieces were very valuable jewelery and family heirlooms that I would have loved having but before my grandmother died my dad went to see her and convinced her to sign everything over to him. He promised that all the things she wanted to go to grandchildren and great grandchildren would but he lied. Without her knowledge he sold everything and kept all the monies to himself. Sadly his own sister became so angry with him she would never speak to him again. At first I was shocked I could not believe how selfish he had been but after much prayer I forgave him(even though he never did feel he did anything wrong)
It would have been nice to have some of those bits of family history to share but now I realize its not important at all. For me I know that they were just things and that my treasures are in Heaven.
I am sorry I don't have any real clear advice to give you on this matter but I will pray for you to know the Lords heart for you in all of this.

God Bless you
Maryjane

2010/3/8 14:28Profile
sojourner7

Omaha, NE

You have an inheritance in Christ that is worth
far more than anything else on earth. Decide
if possessions are worth the aggravation and
distress and grief caused. How will this
affect relationships?? The Lord is more
concerned about relationship than any earthly
things.

2010/3/8 14:31Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Thank you so much Mary Jane and Sojourner. Both are from God's heart to me. I have pondered what you both have shared and in quiet time with the Lord and in the Word. Confirmation is awesome. First of all is-salvation for all. I pray for their salvation. Salvation is God's gift of love. In my quiet time this morning the Holy Spirit took me to PS. 27. It was like the Lord was loud in my ears and in my heart. Every verse, every Word was so perfect. I decided to camp out in PS 27. Hanging on to every Word and looking up key Words in Hebrew. I am soberly encouraged by your words and from this Psalm. I am asking the Lord to burn it into my being. He has brought me so far in trusting, resting and loving. It would not happen without all these hurtful times. It tries to steel my joy but so far it has thrown me closer to the Lord. The reason I asked for help is even though the Lord has been sharing with me the other voice has been-what about your children and your children's children along with in Rev. I dont want to be a coward. But the Lord is directing me more and more to just be sold out to Him in every area. And as Zac Poonen says, leave it in the hands of my Heavenly Father. So, if they want - I will give it. Mary Jane, your experience is almost exactly what is happening to me only more. They are lying & slandering me to get the heat off of what they did to Mom. But PS. 27 is where my heart is and for their salvation. Too bad they dont put all their energy into where they will spend Eternity. Anyway, I love em! And I can only do that because of God's great love. Again, thank you for your words and your treasured prayers.

2010/3/9 14:05Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Thank you so much Mary Jane and Sojourner. Both are from God's heart to me. I have pondered what you both have shared and in quiet time with the Lord and in the Word. Confirmation is awesome. First of all is-salvation for all. I pray for their salvation. Salvation is God's gift of love. In my quiet time this morning the Holy Spirit took me to PS. 27. It was like the Lord was loud in my ears and in my heart. Every verse, every Word was so perfect. I decided to camp out in PS 27. Hanging on to every Word and looking up key Words in Hebrew. I am soberly encouraged by your words and from this Psalm. I am asking the Lord to burn it into my being. He has brought me so far in trusting, resting and loving. It would not happen without all these hurtful times. It tries to steel my joy but so far it has thrown me closer to the Lord. The reason I asked for help is even though the Lord has been sharing with me the other voice has been-what about your children and your children's children along with in Rev. I dont want to be a coward. But the Lord is directing me more and more to just be sold out to Him in every area. And as Zac Poonen says, leave it in the hands of my Heavenly Father. So, if they want - I will give it. Mary Jane, your experience is almost exactly what is happening to me only more. They are lying & slandering me to get the heat off of what they did to Mom. But PS. 27 is where my heart is and for their salvation. Too bad they dont put all their energy into where they will spend Eternity. Anyway, I love them! And I can only do that because of God's great love. Again, thank you for your words and your treasured prayers.

2010/3/9 14:21Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

It seems that this happens to a lot of folks, and I have to agee with all the other posts. We have been in this situation too and have found by turning the other cheek you find peace. We have brought nothing into this world and can take nothing out. Even though some things seemed important for sentimental reasons, in the light of eternity and the fact that it will all burn, it really isn't all that important. What is important is to forgive and love any way. It would seem in our lives those who took advantage have never been happy people and we go on in peace, and they, unhappiness. It is in giving that your receive. It really is time to live the sermon on the mount and discover that in giving us this way of life Jesus gave us everything that really matters.

Bless you Sheri for you tender heart. God bless you.

2010/3/9 15:20Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

do you have any brothers or sisters? If not, everything should go to you. But some people will never be happy if you only have a half penny, they'll believe in their heart you got it all.

You need to do what you can live with; if you need to see an attorney, at least find one who worked these kinds of cases before. Pray and ask the Lord!!!

i'll be praying for you!! God bless you,

2010/3/9 17:56Profile
Joyful_Heart

Re:

Thank you dearest Saints,God is working in my heart. All is laid in my Father's hands. Once my treasure was in my inheritance. I didn't realize it at the time. And it would be nice to have as I would be able to give and do things I cant now. But it has turned sour. I am seeking first the Kingdom of God... And turning my eyes on Jesus and the things of earth will grow strangely dim. I don't say this to be cool. But because this is what the Lord is doing in my heart and I thank Him from the bottom of my heart as it has caused me to draw close to Him, caused me to trust Him no matter the outcome, to not allow it to rob me of my joy and peace and it tries. It is causing me to love where I could not before and so much more. Psalm 27 is so much God's heart to me at this time and to contemplate on it using the Hebrew cant be compared to. And just because I have given it all up in my heart doesn't mean I will have anything. But I do have more of my Lord than before and nothing can be this rich or exciting. So I must say thank You Lord. Yes, where my heart is is where my treasure is - and it is more Jesus than it was before all this. All Glory to God. As a dearest sister says, "created for His good pleasure". I also want to confess before you all and repent of my complaining of being in a land that is flat, brown and to me ugly. The Lord has me here and not so busy so I have time to sit at His feet and I have complained about not being in the lush green trees, the mountains, waterfalls, steams and rivers that I am accustomed to. I am a nature photographer and this has been hard. So, please forgive me Lord and I say thank You for this time with You it has been rich and the work You are doing in me is priceless.

I appreciate your kind words and powerful prayers saints. Not prayers that I shall have worldly inheritance but that I stay close to Him and show His love and light. He is my Provider, my Attorney, my Physician, my Everything. The Father and Jesus have nothing else to give us. They gave it all. If my family ask, I will give it. They can take it all but they can never take me away from Jesus, only draw me closer to Him. I just pray to stay close to Him. Jesus is the lover of our souls and of that we are so thankful.

2010/3/14 16:46Profile

Re:

With prayer, get yourself a lawyer and obtain what is rightfully coming to you. You'll always have vultures swirling around and family members are the worst. When my Christian friend inherited her fathers estate she had family members coming out of the woodwork looking for money to invest in a small business venture. My Brother petitioned our Mother to build a golf course after she got her inheritance. It never happened, but people are just down right greedy and they don't care who they bury in the process of getting their hands on the gold. My Mother gave away land to family members so they can build their homes on, they turned right around and sold it to strangers. You could just let them have it, but it's not about the money or land anymore, for you it's about your relatives who thought of you and put you down in their will. Because of that, you should want that inheritance. It's like God granting us eternal life, we should want that. Not because of eternal life only, but because of the God whom we have affection for that grants it. Almost everyone in my family has asked for something and I told my Mother that I would leave that up to her because my friendship with her means more than what she can give me. But what she does give me, I will want that because she gave it to me. To me, that is the most important part.

2010/3/14 17:51
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
I also want to confess before you all and repent of my complaining of being in a land that is flat, brown and to me ugly. The Lord has me here and not so busy so I have time to sit at His feet and I have complained about not being in the lush green trees, the mountains, waterfalls, steams and rivers that I am accustomed to. I am a nature photographer and this has been hard. So, please forgive me Lord and I say thank You for this time with You it has been rich and the work You are doing in me is priceless.

This is just like the money. If it is something that others esteem to be valuable, they will endeavor to take it away and you end up spending your time protecting that which you yourself esteem to be valuable - which in reality is also just passing.

Just yesterday I was traveling through flat brown country and contemplated how peaceful it must be - and then I saw the oil rigs . . .

2010/3/14 17:59Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy