SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Born in Sin with sin nature or not?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread
yoadam

OREGON

Re:

[b]9And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous,[/b] and despised others:

10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. - Luke 18

2010/3/1 21:39Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
TaylorOtwell asked:
"For who makes you differ from another? And [b]what do you have that you did not receive[/b]? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?" (1 Corinthians 4:7)

This seems to say that all things we have we receive from the Lord.

Apparently, your answer to the bolded part seems to be goodness and virtue. Is that correct?

Yes.

God is the One who gives all manknid their talent, spiritual gifts, wealth etc... But God does not give anyone how they act or what their attitude is, or what choices they make or how they will make them, or even what thoughts they choose to own & dwell on.

We are responcible for that part of our life.

If it was God who gave men these, then no one is responcible for being bad, for God would have made them that way by not giving them any goodness.

2010/3/1 21:55Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
yoadam said:
9And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

10Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.

11The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.

12I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.

13And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

14I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted. - Luke 18

This does not relate.

Thos men whom the Scriptures call cood were not trusting in themselves that they were righteous.

2010/3/1 21:57Profile

Re:

Quote:
by yoadam on 2010/3/1 18:39:41

9And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

If we despise others (as the people this parable was directed at) we shouldn't think that we are righteous.

1John 2:9 He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.

But if you are righteous then you shouldn't lie and say you are unrighteous.

Both the Lord Jesus and Paul admitted that Abel was righteous.

If Abel had called himself unrighteous, it would not have been true.

2010/3/1 22:01
TaylorOtwell

Arkansas

Re:

Logic,

Quote:
But God does not give anyone how they act or what their attitude is, or what choices they make or how they will make them, or even what thoughts they choose to own & dwell on.

If this is true, why does the Scripture speak of God giving us a new heart? If the heart we have has the capacity to savingly have faith in God, why do we need a new one?

2010/3/1 22:08Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, there were 2 trees in the garden of eden of great importance. the tree of the knowlege of good and evil and the tree of life{Jesus}. men have been choosing the religious tree ever since. this tree leads to self righteousness and death and i have seen this for the 45 years i have been clinging to Jesus and His mercy and grace.jimp

2010/3/1 23:48Profile
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

Logic wrote, Quote:

""They made themselves good by to their actions, attitudes, choices, thoughts...etc...""

This makes Christ's sacrifice and death meaningless and
un-needed. MAN saving himself, putting Christ to shame.

Just like Israel and the whole human race had Him crucified, He meant nothing to, even His own, those He came to, Israel, and they received Him not. He died for all that are His, those the Father has given Him, He died for me and my sin put those stripes on His back and every nail that was nailed into Him was and is because of me.

Praise God, my Father Chose me in Christ before the foundation of the world, not by my works but by His. I was lost but now I am found.

Absolutely and positively by the Father giving birth to me by His Son who is heavenly. My second birth, born again and the second death has no hold on me.

In Christ: Phillip

2010/3/2 0:45Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
TaylorOtwell asked:
Quote:
But God does not give anyone how they act or what their attitude is, or what choices they make or how they will make them, or even what thoughts they choose to own & dwell on.

If this is true, why does the Scripture speak of God giving us a new heart? If the heart we have has the capacity to savingly have faith in God, why do we need a new one?

Eze 36:26 has the context of Israel needing a new heart because they chose hardened their own. They weren’t hard hearted by default as you seem to think.
Israel should have had a heart of flesh to begin with, but they willfully hardened their heart.
Not all mankind needs a new heart.

I know of an 8 year old girl who was just baptized last week. She always had a soft heart, even towrds God, so God did not need to give her a new one. I pray that she keeps her heart with all diligence.

2010/3/2 9:55Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
jimp said:
hi, there were 2 trees in the garden of eden of great importance. the tree of the knowlege of good and evil and the tree of life{Jesus}. men have been choosing the religious tree ever since. this tree leads to self righteousness and death and i have seen this for the 45 years i have been clinging to Jesus and His mercy and grace.

The Tree of Life was not Jesus, it only symbolizes Him.
Do not make the tree of life of no purpose, but only a symbol, an emblem or representation of something else other than what it is. The tree had an actuall purpose being in the garden; that was to keep Adam living until the end of time even before He sinned.

2010/3/2 10:01Profile
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Christinyou said:
Quote:
They made themselves good by to their actions, attitudes, choices, thoughts...etc..

This makes Christ's sacrifice and death meaningless and un-needed.

God doesn't make people good, He only makes their goodness acceptable by forgiving their past deeds of doing bad.
Acts 10:1-2 There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a centurion of the band called the Italian band,
[b]:2[/b] A devout man, and one that feared God with all his house, who gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God always.

This man made Himself good by fearing God & giving alms, however, he still needed to put his faith in/on Christ & what He said & done.

Luke 23:50 And, behold, there was a man named Joseph, a member of the council and he was a good man, and just:

How do you thing that Joseph was a good man?
Joseph made himself good by being just and choosing to do the right things, however, He still needed as saviour.

How do you thing that Barnabas was a good man?
Barnabas was a good man, and full of the Holy Spirit and of faith (Act 11:22-24) He made himself good by obeying Christ; walking in the spirit.

Again, God doesn't make people good, He only makes their goodness acceptable by forgiving their past deeds of doing bad. Therefore, we all must make ourselves good by doing good.
You can also make yourself bad by doing bad.

2010/3/2 10:18Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy