SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : marriage?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Travis, I love your testimony. It is so precious it calls for repeat readings.

Is it not fascinating that those of us who have been married will say the same thing? It requires commitment, dying to self, forgiveness. And the end result is that is fuels romance and passion? So amazing...and we know it all comes from God. Nothing so precious could have evolved on it own in the course of several million years...

God bless you Ellie. It will all come together when you and Jase will allow the LORD to change you from glory to glory...

I Love you, Ellie,

ginnyrose

2010/2/21 16:52Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey

Travis, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing with me. Its kind of strange that you should write about learning new things about your wife everyday because that was brought up to me tonight and has really been on my heart.

Snufalapagus, you are right it was because of my sin and fear that we rushed things and got married when we did. I think back about it now and I realize that there were many times that I manipulated to get my way. I know that is sin and something I have repented of and continue to seek the Lord on. I have written Jase a letter sharing some of these things about what I have been seeing and to ask for his forgiveness in some things, I have not mailed it yet though. Thank you for you encouragement.

Ginnyrose, thank you again so much for being so helpful.

I have been having a hard time tonight. My relationship with my mom is really difficult. I have been trying to spend more time with her over the last few days because she is having surgery this week and I know she is fearful about that. I want to be helpful to her but she is really negative when it come to Jase and I. I think because my dad left her and technically Jase did leave me she thinks its the same situation. I keep telling her that its not. Tonight she said some things that really upset me. It started because Sara came over to see me this evening so she could let me know what was happening with her wedding. My mom was home of course and heard us talking. Sara was sharing with me because she got a call yesterday from her mom and they are now supporting her and want to help with her wedding. She is really happy and this is truly and answer to prayer for her. Her mom is going to pay for Sara grandmothers dress to be altered so she can wear it on her wedding day. The wedding is going to be at the ranch and I am planing on going. This upset my mom because she reminded me that she will be home from the hospital at that time and that she will need my help. I told her I would be sure that she is not left alone but that I am going to the wedding. I could tell that upset my mom but she did not say anything more until later after Sara left. That's when my mom said, “I suppose that husband of yours will be there since its his sister getting married.” I told her that he was going to be there and she started making comments about us. Usually I would ignore her but some of the things she said have really been bothering me. She brought up the fact that I have changed so much(mom is not saved and does not like that I take my walk with the Lord seriously) She made comments about my appearance and the way I dress now. It got me thinking more because I have changed some things about myself and we have not seen each other in a little over a year now. I let my hair grow longer, and I had some highlights put in(I have really dark auburn hair naturally) I wear a lot less make up then I use to and I dress a lot more modestly then I use to because I felt convicted about modesty. Those are just some of the changes on the outside. The changes that matter most are the ones on the inside and I am a different person, I do take my walk with the Lord a lot more serious then I ever did in the past.

I don't want to worry about this kind of stuff but now my mom has got me thinking what if Jase is not happy with who I have become? Or how I look now? I know I am just letting my mom get to me but what if she is right, and I do find myself married to a stranger?

love in Him
Ellie

2010/2/22 0:15Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I don't want to worry about this kind of stuff but now my mom

Ellie, you have grown in your walk with the LORD. And as you keep walking with him, there will be more changes forthcoming - and this you can take to the bank! Non-Christians will never understand this, but God does and He is the only one you need to be concerned about. So, my advice to you is do not fret about what your mom says and who knows? your husband just might be real pleased when he sees the evidence in/on your body!

You told me that your SIL told you Jase is changing as well...Oh, Ellie, this is so exciting! Don't you see how God is working?? Just don't allow the Enemy destroy you or your marriage because that is all he is interested in, nothing for your benefit or anyone else's for that matter.

God bless and will continue to pray for you.

Much love,
ginnyrose

2010/2/22 10:04Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Ellie

Just wanted to remind you to keep your focus on Jesus and not allow self to fall back into old sinful patterns of wanting to be the center of attention.(sometimes this can happen without us even realizing it)

Remember to seek the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength, let Him be the light and love of your life and everything else will take care of itself. Keep your focus on Jesus and know that He is what matters most, don't loose sight of that no matter what. Remember that both you and your husband are growing in Christ, for His glory and so that He may be lifted up:)

God Bless
maryjane

2010/2/22 11:24Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Hey Ginnyrose

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I will be going to talk with my sister in law later this afternoon if she can make it. I am very happy and excited about how things are happening but I just feel I need to be cautious right now.

MJ: Thanks so much for the reminder. You know that is something I struggle with and I really do need to continue to walk in the Lord in this.

On another note mom surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. She is all registered and checked in so she will be there tonight and they will take her early in the morning.

with love in Him
ellie

2010/2/22 16:59Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Just wanted to remind you to keep your focus on Jesus and not allow self to fall back into old sinful patterns of wanting to be the center of attention.(sometimes this can happen without us even realizing it)

I agree, MaryJane.

Ellie, one will never come to the point where we will always do the right thing. We mess up. And so does our husband - hence the need to maintain a forgiving mentality at all times. No one ever reaches the point in perfection that you do not need the LORD's enabling grace to live. My preacher-grandfather used to say that he thought that when people get old life would become easier but he has found that it gets harder. And I agree - the trials are different but God's grace is still there giving one strength to live. And so it will be for you, Ellie.

Hope things will go well for your mom and that God will provide you with grace to deal with the situation there.

God bless you, my dear, and we will keep praying for you.

ginnyrose

2010/2/22 22:04Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings ginnyrose

you wrote:

Quote:
My preacher-grandfather used to say that he thought that when people get old life would become easier but he has found that it gets harder.

I really have found it to be so true in my own life. I use to think that the older I got that life and especially married life would just be easier but that is not always the case. There are days when I really have to be on my knees in prayer and just completely surrendering self to the Lord. I just wanted to say that even though I have been married for going on twenty six years now I have really been encouraged and am learning so much from this thread. Thank you to everyone who has shared here.

God Bless
mj

2010/2/22 22:26Profile

Re:

Quote:
I don't want to worry about this kind of stuff but now my mom has got me thinking what if Jase is not happy with who I have become? Or how I look now? I know I am just letting my mom get to me but what if she is right, and I do find myself married to a stranger?

If Jase wanted to marry a paint store he would have. It's not what you put on that attracted him to you, it's your heart. Yes attractions all play their part, but it was your faith, your willingness to reason, talking, sharing, all these things come out of the heart.

2010/2/24 21:28
MaryJane

Re:

Quote:
It's not what you put on that attracted him to you, it's your heart. Yes attractions all play their part, but it was your faith, your willingness to reason, talking, sharing, all these things come out of the heart.

Your right and this is a really good reminder for any wife who is struggling with doubts about her appearance. The world puts a huge importance on outside beauty but true beauty comes from the heart.

Thank you for sharing
God Bless
maryjane

2010/2/24 22:36Profile
wind_blows

Re:

Quote:
If Jase wanted to marry a paint store he would have. It's not what you put on that attracted him to you, it's your heart. Yes attractions all play their part, but it was your faith, your willingness to reason, talking, sharing, all these things come out of the heart.

Thank you.
in Him
Ellie

2010/2/24 23:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy