Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : Apologies to Sermon index and Andrew Strom

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Fireigniter

Apologies to Sermon index and Andrew Strom

Dear Andrew Strom and Sermon Index,

I apologize for my last post. I was speaking out of a self righteous attitude. I didnt not respect and follow the rules and guidlines that I accepted when joining sermon index. I am not justifying my actions at all.

God is love, so therefore I must love.

I have been going through a wilderness and still am. I was speaking to my wife and expressing my heart. I said to her, " I dont know what God wants me to do." Then I heard the Holyspirit loud and clear say to me in my heart. " Love those around you"

So I am comtting to love Andrew Strom and Sermon index.

Thank you for helping me love others more than myself.

Fireigniter

2010/1/28 22:15Profile
MaryJane

Re: Apologies to Sermon index and Andrew Strom

I just wanted to say that I am glad you came back and posted how the Lord is showing you these things in your life and your desire to love others more then self:)

Welcome to the forums.

God Bless
mj

2010/1/28 23:33Profile
Ceri

Notts. England.

Hiya - don't strive in 'doing' - what matters is 'being'
An apple tree doesn't struggle and strive to bear apples - it does so because it is an apple tree, the fruit is a result of what it is - in the same way our actions come as a result of being who we are in Christ.
All God wants is for you to be His child and build a personal relationship with your heavenly father - the deeds will follow on from this relationship and grow naturally - it will be a result of who you are. God bless.

2010/1/29 8:13Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear Ceri,

I am humbled by your posts! This is only the second one I have read and I have a much clearer picture of everything.

First it was about 'being in the desert' : as the stones for the temple that Solomon built for the Lord were prepared in the desert, so Christian's are 'prepared' for Jesus in the desert.

Now this gem with the apple tree as an example. What a marvelous poster this would make, Lord willing, I will try and work on that.

My hope is that God will lead you to post more often. If not that, I trust He will bring you to post when it fits His purpose.

Kindest regards,
White Stone

2010/1/29 8:29Profile

Re:

Quote:
An apple tree doesn't struggle and strive to bear apples - it does so because it is an apple tree, the fruit is a result of what it is - in the same way our actions come as a result of being who we are in Christ. All God wants is for you to be His child and build a personal relationship with your heavenly father - the deeds will follow on from this relationship and grow naturally - it will be a result of who you are. God bless.

Ah, a refreshing word, the gospel in a nutshell.

As to the original poster. "A soft word turneth away wrath", your on the right track.

2010/1/29 8:37

"I was speaking to my wife and expressing my heart. I said to her, " I dont know what God wants me to do." Then I heard the Holyspirit loud and clear say to me in my heart. " Love those around you"

Brother, some very important points there. First you were speaking to your wife and expressing your heart, awesome. Secondly you heard the Lord speak to you, awesome. Thirdly you are now being obedient by posting an apology, an act of love, awesome. This is the essence of our walk with the Lord. The desert will pass, the Lord will determine how long, yet in the desert the Lord is looking for obedience and a thankful heart, a heart that can rejoice in the manna............brother Frank

2010/1/29 9:45
alan4jc

Cache Valley, Utah

Beautiful posts here and a vision of walking in GRACE with one another.

2010/1/29 10:29Profile
Goldminer

Alabama

I feel refreshed on this one. Thanks family for sharing your loving hearts.

2010/1/29 10:35Profile

Re:

Quote:
"I was speaking to my wife and expressing my heart. I said to her, " I don't know what God wants me to do." Then I heard the Holy Spirit loud and clear say to me in my heart. " Love those around you"

What simplicity. If only we could have all started out that way we'd wouldn't be so encumbered with these "doctrines of division". "Love your neighbour as yourself." Sweet!

2010/1/29 10:39
Lorijean

Austin, Texas

Re:

Fireigniter,

Your post and this thread have blessed me tremendously today. God Bless you! May the LORD reveal to each of us those areas in which He needs to break us. He has plenty of work to do in me, for sure!

2010/1/29 12:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy