Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Three Bible Verses that Greatly Impacted Me

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
MattSmith

Webster, Texas

Re: Galatians 3:3

Pollux, Galatians 3:3 is both cautionary and liberating for me. It both warns me to go easy on myself and allows me to go easy on myself. I can be very hard on myself and this verse reminds me that it is the Holy Spirit working and not me. My job is to passionately seek the face of Jesus.

2010/1/13 9:22Profile

Re:

Thanks, Matt, for explaining.

2010/1/13 9:53
Browndl

Re:

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

John 6:67-69 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.

Psalms 119:105 NUN. Thy word [is] a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

2010/1/13 12:37Profile

"pollux"

Dear brother(?) (or sister?.....as i dont know your name)

you wrote to me:

Quote:
Natan, I was asking how the verses impacted you in your life & experience.

well, your asking a lot of me, your asking that i bare my soul on these pages...........i'm teasing. i didnt want my posting to be an "i...i...i....." type of posting, nor did i want to blither on. But i count it joy to be able to testify as to why those passages walk up and down the corridors of my heart, that's why i wrote that i 'bury them in my heart'...in much the same way we don't READ the Bible, but we "eat" of the Word, do you know what i mean?

we read the newspaper, we read the phone bill, etc....but when we "read" the Bible, dont we indeed savour it? we approach the Word prayerfully, humbly petitionning that God the Holy Ghost to open the eyes of our heart to recieve a new revelation, a new bit of Divine guidance, counsel, a Loving Touch from Jesus, VIA His Word, as we 'eat' of it,

(do you see?, i get to rambling....sorry)

the Abrahamic Confession; "Abram believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness"....to me, is the turning point in both history on earth, and history in Heaven. This dear man, still called Abram, believed God without any hestitation, equivocation, or questioning, This represents a PILLAR in this most Holy Faith. What it meant and MEANS to me is this: there are so many "ism's"...or "ists" within The Way,...Christianity, theological arguments, etc etc that when people ask me, "what are you?"...or "what's your theology?"

I reply, "I believe God" period, end of sentence, and pray, Lord, please, humbly, give me a child-like Faith. (notice i didnt say 'child-ish") Child-like Faith , (to me) means an utter and complete dependence on God, and as painful as that personal revelation can be, which is exactly what i am going thru now, this is absolutely necessary to recognize the Love of God, and His Power,His Mercy, His Provision.......... and my own helplessness.

Brother Paul expounds upon this in Romans, that we all, Jew and Gentile, are Children of Abraham, which makes my heart sing!

thats one, in regards to Matt 11:28-30

I have always had a hunger to know the Character of God, and to more fully understand the Heart of Jesus during His earthly ministry, and sometimes to this end what i'll do is to read and read the Four Gospel's and the Acts of the Apostles, over and over again, to much profit......and onetime, i had no responsibilities for several days, and i packed a tent, a sleeping bag, a jug of water, a few candles, and my Bible, and hiked out my backdoor, and up a mountain to a desolate place.

i love the desolate places, the lonely places, it is in these places, i believe that one can come to the most intimate times with God, Scripture buttresses this truth in several places, and that dusk, i 'stumbled' upon that Precious Portion of Scripture,(Matt 11:28-30) and Jesus revealed Himself TO me, and IN me, and that time on that mountainside was joy, and life, life in all abundance, this was in 2002.

I came down from that mountain on the Lord's day, and walked to this lil ole backslidden church right below my place, (its a long boring story about this church, suffice to say the pastor is good, loving God-fearing, Jesus loving exhorter who had a rebellious 'board', may God have mercy on them) and i met my brother Rob for the first time, and Praise the Name, we became prayer partners that day, and started IN JESUS, a thursday night intercessory prayer meeting at a dear widow's house that lasted for five years, we lived in a very wicked, dark area of california.

The Book of Consolation within Jeremiah, i dearly love because i love people, as God loves people, and there was NO WAY that God was going to leave the people's of the world without being given a chance to grasp the Outstretched Hand of God offered to them thru the MInistry of Messiah, and this New Covenant spells it out so CLEAR and CONCISE.....BRING THE NATIONS IN!!!

i have so much more to say and write, but i'm not in the best of health....oh yes, my name is neil, Natan is my Hebrew name, and i say love, in Jesus' love, neil

2010/1/13 15:11

Re:

Yes, Brown, Rom 5.8 and Ps 119.105 are so well-known. But I am really touched by the words of Peter: "Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life!"

Once we have tasted the power of the word of God in our life & experience, we can never leave God (no matter how much Satan tries to hinder us and plant doubt into us; no matter how much Satan assails us with depression & darkness!). Rather, His word never leaves us; it holds us. It draws us; it compels us.

2010/1/13 19:28

Re: Natan

Quote:
I reply, "I believe God" period, end of sentence, and pray, Lord, please, humbly, give me a child-like Faith. (notice i didnt say 'child-ish") Child-like Faith , (to me) means an utter and complete dependence on God, and as painful as that personal revelation can be, which is exactly what i am going thru now, this is absolutely necessary to recognize the Love of God, and His Power,His Mercy, His Provision.......... and my own helplessness.

I'm delighted with these words. I can relate 100% to them! :)

Quote:
I came down from that mountain on the Lord's day, and walked to this lil ole backslidden church right below my place, (its a long boring story about this church, suffice to say the pastor is good, loving God-fearing, Jesus loving exhorter who had a rebellious 'board', may God have mercy on them) and i met my brother Rob for the first time, and Praise the Name, we became prayer partners that day, and started IN JESUS, a thursday night intercessory prayer meeting at a dear widow's house that lasted for five years, we lived in a very wicked, dark area of california.

Oh, I understand what you mean about a backslidden church, boring church, & a 'rebellious board'. I've seen one such church. The pastor is God-fearing, but his 'board' or 'committee' is filled with carnal worldly members.

I like the way God gave you your own brother as a prayer-partner, and how God gave a 'dear widow' (how wonderfully God uses widows!)...and that clause about a 'dark, wicked area of California'. May the Lord make you a light in the darkness, a blessing to many around you.

Thank you for sharing, Natan, or Neil. Whichever name you prefer. Bless you.

2010/1/13 19:34

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy