SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Three Bible Verses that Greatly Impacted Me

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

This should help you "Pollux" especially Thess 2:3

Psalms 101:7 He that worketh deceit shall not dwell within my house: he that telleth lies shall not tarry in my sight.

Thessalonians 2:3 For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:

Psalms 36:3 The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.

2010/1/12 21:03
MattSmith

Webster, Texas

Re: Three Bible Verses that Greatly Impacted Me

Mine are a little different. I never really took my faith seriously until recently. Maybe I never had faith, but I know Jesus changed my life a few months ago.

Acts 26:18 to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the dominion of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who have been sanctified by faith in Me.'

2 Corinthians 4:6 For God, who said, "Light shall shine out of darkness," is the One who has shone in our hearts to give the Light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.

Galatians 3:3 (It was a toss-up with Psalm 21:12) Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?

These have all helped me tremendously at some point over the last 10 months.

2010/1/12 21:42Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings

Hebrews 3:12-19
Beware, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief in departing from the living God; 13 but exhort one another daily, while it is called “Today,” lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Christ if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast to the end, 15 while it is said:
“ Today, if you will hear His voice,Do not harden your hearts as in the rebellion."
When I first came to the Lord He gave me these verses and kept reminding me of it each day. He showed me so clearly that my heart was in many ares harden by the sin of self living and that if I truly wanted to hear His voice then there were things that I had held on to that I was going to have to die to. For me the rebellion spoken of was the perfect description of how I had been living my life before I came to have personal relation ship with Him. I was in rebellion to Him and His ways, I had allowed sin to hardened my heart and deceive me. I still read through these verses and it reminds me that if I truly want to hear His voice then there can be none of me and it must be all of Him.

John 14:15
15If you love Me, you will obey My commands.
This verse has always spoken to me. It reminds me that my actions do directly affect my walk with the Lord. If I love Him, truly love Him as a person then I must come to Him with a willing heart to walk in His commands daily. He is my Lord! The very idea of not obeying His command should grieve my heart because it offends my beloved!

Luke 10:27
He answered: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind' and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.
This verse is a real challenge for me because I know that I do not live daily loving Him or my neighbor with all my strength, soul, mind, and heart. In my flesh I fail miserably. I know that I fall very short of ever having this attitude and heart, so it reminds me not to strive but to trust in Him. It reminds me to stay close to Him daily because I have such great need of Him. He alone is worthy of my complete devotion, I have no excuses because He gives me all that I need to walk with Him.

There are probably others that I could share with you that have really had an impact on my life and walk with Him at different times, in different situations but this is probably already long enough as it is :)

God Bless
maryjane

2010/1/12 23:04Profile
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

verses

TOO MANY!! HIS WORD IS SO RICH But when I first came to the Lord I had never read the Bible before- I thought it was fiction. But after meeting Him, the Lord would speak verses to me straight from the Bible. I didn't find out until later that these things were even in the Bible!
They were:
For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever shall believe in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

We love Him because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19

Verses that continually help me :
Jeremiah 29:11 I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Psalm 46:5 God is in the midst of her, she shall not be moved, God shall help her, and that right early.

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me, and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. John 6:37

Charity suffers long and is kind; charity envies not, charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, does not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinks no evil; rejoiceth not in iniquity but rejoiceth in the truth; bears all things, belives all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Charity never fails. 1 corinth 13:4-8

Jesus - nothing sweeter, too good to be described

2010/1/12 23:10Profile
MaryJane

Re: verses

Greetings pollux

Quote:
Natan, I was asking how the verses impacted you in your life & experience. The verses (word of God) must become a part of our life. 'Wrought into us' by experience.

I don't want to speak for Neil but I got what he was sharing. To me the verses he chose to share tells me that the Word touches every aspect of his life. He loves the Lord with all his heart and wants his life to reflect that :)

God bless
mj

2010/1/12 23:14Profile

Re:

Thanks, Matt, for responding. I love those first two verses you gave; but would like to know why you chose Gal 3.3. Was it a safeguard against something?

2010/1/12 23:48

Re: Ruthie's Verses

Thank you, Ruth, for those six verses you gave. I wonder if you've read Jer 29.11 in the NIV; it's clearer there. Of course, 1 Corinthians 13 sounds better when you use the word 'love'. Would like to know how Ps 46.5 became so powerful for you.

2010/1/12 23:51

Re:

Thanks, MaryJane, for sharing. I like the explanations you gave for the 3 verses. Bless you.

2010/1/12 23:52
Ruthiepoothie

Denton, Tx

Re:

Yes, I know that some versions say "I know the plans.." and that "charity" means "love". I love that too. For some reason I like to read the KJV, NKJV or ESV. I honestly don't know why, but anyway

Psalm 46:5 story - very practical. i teach pre-algebra math to over 100 12-14 year olds at an title 1 public middle school (the school gets federal funding for a high percentage of students with low socioeconomic status). Every year I have a struggle with consistency in classroom discipline. I came home one night two years ago frustrated with my lack of being consistent in carrying out classroom discipline- at the beginning of the school year. I didn't even know how to pray about it and just felt like things were falling apart or were going to for the rest of the school year. I felt like it wasn't even important to God - "classroom discipline at a public school? Isn't He more concerned with sharing Jesus and witnessing and and laying down my life and praying for others?" But I went to God anyway and just poured out my frustration. I know that is not always honoring the Lord - but I had to be honest with Him. So I did, I told Him everything I felt without holding back. And the Lord spoke, "He shall help her and that right early." And then He started reminding me of small little things I could do the next day - I wasn't even sure it was in the Bible so I got out the Strong's and sure enough - there it was -Psalm 46:5. I was so thankful. And, He is helping me be consistent. The verse strengthens me to call on Him continually in my heart throughout the day. The funny thing is that the Lord keeps making more of the Psalm even more precious to me. Too long and between me and God to explain. Anyway, God has used my job so much to purge out so much of my own strength, it is really a trial and a blessing all at the same time. I could tell you so many testimonies about how the Lord has opened up doors to share Him with others - amazing testimonies, even when I go back and think about it. thanks for asking - and what a great thing to post.

hope this made sense,

Whatever is lovely, whatever is of good report.... what good things to think about!!

2010/1/13 0:22Profile

Re: Ruth's Testimony re Psalm 46.5

Thank you, Ruth. I was delighted to read your testimony on how Psalm 46.5 impacted you. Bless you! You can share as many testimonies you like on how the Lord helped you through different promises from His word. His word is truly powerful, and it never fails.

2010/1/13 1:12

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy