SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Is it lawful to have a second wife?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
HeartSong

Re:

Quote:
. . . I am so alone.

He is with thee.

2010/1/2 4:35Profile
DoulosQuinn

Re: Heartsong

Quote:
HE is with thee.

I have had so much doubt in my heart, and so much failure, empty devotion, my hope to see her come around, but hatred, and abuse are her weapons of choice, especially when I am weak, and struggling. I sought HIM, but not with a heart of faith, but bitterness had infected me, and HE was lost to me, and it just kept sliding, until she suddenly want to do somethings with another believer...which smelled like a test I know I can't assure her, but then she launched an attack. I think she is looking to bail out.

I am sorry for hurting anybody that is hurting for my sin, I just think trying to find scripture to give me a way out, is surely my flesh refusing to die, I am ready to see GOD's will in this life, I want Christ. If HE counts me worthy to die, I believe HE will assure me of the gain, for I desire to be with HIM, and be free from my sin. Beloved please pray I am steadfast here, and that I do not succumb to fear, doubt, or my flesh. My wife, and the saints I love need you prayer.

2010/1/2 5:39Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: no need for a 2nd wife, Lord willing

Quote:
Beloved please pray I am steadfast here, and that I do not succumb to fear, doubt, or my flesh. My wife, and the saints I love need you prayer.

Brother, I have been in a parallel place like yours before and I was weak but I pray that you are strong. Hindsight for me was looking back and knowing that if I would have risen above the grief of it all and not wallowed in it or even looked to my own strength to get me through, I would have come out much better on the other side. But I know that I know too that God does in fact work all things out for His glory in us.

I pray that you can be strong in the power of His might to rise above the grief and sadness of the moment to know that you can against all odds have a peaceful spirit and the joy of the Lord!! So that others will know that your hope is not in your wife in the God of your salvation; Ps 40.3

God bless you

2010/1/2 9:50Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

DoulosQuinn,

Quote:

Brother Ben, I think we are different pages totally. I am willing to engage on this level if you are willing to give me an honest contextual re-wording for 2 Timothy 2:8-15 please trouble me to expound lightly.

Why are you asking me to re-word 2 Timothy 2:8-15? What bearing does that have on your marriage? How does Paul's address to Timothy relate to your situation?

Quote:

I meant that GOD does not expect husbands to be abused by The WORD. To be wrangled by wives that misuse it to manipulate in hostility, rather then to build up in love.

but Ben, I need you to back up the verse about women laying down their lives for their husbands...I think the uni-sex bible says that to avoid offending people who deny GOD made us different, with different strengths for HIS glory.

What Uni-sex Bible are you talking about? Whether you read it from the KJV, NIV or NASB, they all say the same thing...:

Colossians 3:18-19:
Quote:

[i]
18Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord.
19Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.
[/i]

AND...

Ephesians 5:22-28
Quote:

[i]
22Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior. 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.
25Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her 26to make her holy, cleansing[a] her by the washing with water through the word, 27and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. 28In this same way, husbands ought to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself.
[/i]

Men are also supposed to lay their lives down for their wives.

Of course husbands (AND WIVES) are not suppose to be abused by The Word. You are both suppose to build each other up in love and respect each other. HOWEVER, we are human, there is sin in this world and we often succumb to the sin. Did your wife say some things she shouldn't have? Sure, maybe she did. I'm sure you did the same thing to her. My point is: [b]Forgive Her.[/b] You can't keep judging her for her mistakes.

Quote:

I had my wife tempt me in hostility to marry another woman in The Faith, who is interested in what she sees as worthless, she openly said she doesn't care about the lost, and when she shoved it in my face

My wife has done the same thing to me several times. And you know what? It hurt. I was in much pain because I thought she was going to walk out this journey together doing ministry with me side by side. HOWEVER, through LOTS of prayer, the Lord has worked in her life and in mine. We have gone to counseling together and both made an effort to make our marriage work. Things are still hard. We're still not where we should be in our relationship and our relationship with God together, BUT it is getting there... and that is what matters. I found out that I have to constantly lay down my life for her, even if it hurts sometimes. Why? Because I want to love her as Christ loves the church.

We all have different strengths, but that doesn't mean that Scripture doesn't tell us that we aren't to submit to one another/lay our lives down for each other. Read Ephesians 4. Ephesians 4 still coincides to Ephesians 5 in how to treat one another whether married or not.

EDITED

2010/1/2 18:25Profile
BenBrockway

Re:

Quote:

Brother, I have been in a parallel place like yours before and I was weak but I pray that you are strong. Hindsight for me was looking back and knowing that if I would have risen above the grief of it all and not wallowed in it or even looked to my own strength to get me through, I would have come out much better on the other side. But I know that I know too that God does in fact work all things out for His glory in us.

I pray that you can be strong in the power of His might to rise above the grief and sadness of the moment to know that you can against all odds have a peaceful spirit and the joy of the Lord!! So that others will know that your hope is not in your wife in the God of your salvation; Ps 40.3

God bless you

Agreed

2010/1/2 18:33Profile
DoulosQuinn

well the conclusion

turns out it is not prohibited, so don't deny it.

But since it is not commanded, don't do it where it is not legal by men.

my marraige is getting worse dhe is lying like crazy, and I yield from confrontation, but the enemy has realy ceized her heart with fear and confusion. Also I have the enemy cast things from my past from her, from before I knew her, fasting 4 days, and it is worse, but HE is here....its better then four months of "loving her" from my own resources...which men usually counsel.

HE can do all things but it seems like I am going to be single, and if she follows thru, jail too, she swears she is going to give police false report, stole my cell, and erased the nasty text messages...if it weren't for Christ I would really be fearful...."do not be harsh with your wives" can be done,...by me I hope.

2010/1/4 6:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy