Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian Elephants

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Christian Elephants

My brother informed me of this incident this evening, so I googled 'Christian Elephants' and found this report. Read and be inspired!

ginnyrose

September 2009 - INDIA - "CHRISTIAN" ELEPHANTS ATTACK PERSECUTORS

In 2008, a severe persecution of Christians broke out in the Indian state of Orissa. The end result saw more than 500 Christians murdered, and thousands of others injured and homeless after their houses were reduced to ashes. (See our Latest News releases about Orissa in this file and in the 2008 archive for more information). As a result, Asia Harvest responded and helped the persecuted believers, including building homes for many families. Recently, a strange and dramatic event took place in Orissa, which has many people talking and wondering.

The Restoration India Mission has reported that in recent months, herds of wild elephants have begun to storm villages that are home to some of the worst persecutors of Christians during the troubles. In one village where in August a year ago the Christians had to run for their lives while their homes were being destroyed by rioters, a herd of elephants emerged from the surrounding jungle, RIM reports, "Exactly one year later, at the same time of the day, the persecutors are now running for their lives, from nothing less than a herd of wild elephants! These elephants first attacked a rock crusher machine owned by a key leader of the persecution movement. They then went on to destroy his house and farms. Gaining momentum, they rampaged through other non-Christian homes demolishing gardens and singling out the homes of persecutors, leaving Christian homes untouched. People ran to the police station to report the disastrous news. In one case, a police jeep that attempted to drive away the herd was attacked and the occupants barely escaped. Truly, God is the avenger of the helpless.

These strange attacks have spread, and according to a report by Kusanath Pradhan, the elephants have already destroyed more than 700 houses in 30 villages, and killed five people. Nobody in this area has seen or even imagined the unique appearance of a herd of wild elephants such as this. The elephants are not ordinary elephants; they appear to be on a mission. Typically, smaller elephants enter a village first, appearing to survey the community. They then rejoin the larger herd, and larger elephants soon follow and get the job done. "Just what is their job?" you might ask.

RIM states, "We think that it might have something to do with avenging the blood of martyrs. In fact, the fear of God has fallen on the local people, who have labeled these elephants, "Christian elephants."

“Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: ‘It is mine to avenge; I will repay,’ says the Lord.” Romans 12:19 Source: Restoration India Mission.

2009/12/15 21:40Profile

Re: Christian Elephants

Quote:
The elephants are not ordinary elephants; they appear to be on a mission. Typically, smaller elephants enter a village first, [b]appearing to survey the community[/b]. They then rejoin the larger herd, and larger elephants soon follow and get the job done.

I was told one of the Elephants had reconnaissance training. :-P

2009/12/15 21:51
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
I was told one of the Elephants had reconnaissance training.

Tongue in cheek or for real?

I could not find any other explanation for these elephants' behaviour that goes beyond the ones listed in this article.

ginnyrose

2009/12/15 22:24Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

The Lord lives! Nothing is impossible with God.

2009/12/15 22:38Profile

Re:

Quote:
Tongue in cheek or for real?

Oh come on Ginny, I was laughing my head off when I wrote that. I couldn't resist it! :-P

2009/12/15 22:40
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Oh come on Ginny, I was laughing my head off when I wrote that. I couldn't resist it!

OK. I understand...just was not sure...

Actually, I am afraid some spoil sport will come along and say it ain't true. But this info is posted on reputable websites.

Brother, I do not want to be irreverent, but when I heard this I had to chuckle! I thought God had a sense of humor! Makes me think of the time Samson caught some foxes and tied torches to their tails and let them lose in some grain fields...funny and tragic all at the same time...

ginnyrose

2009/12/15 23:00Profile
SVShankar

Re:

it is true. some of our brothers went on a missionary work to orissa couple of months back and it was narrated to them by the victims there. there was an added incident also where one christian lady who was affected in persecution stood in the way of the elephant to stop these attacks on the people(she loved the enemies even though they persecuted). but the elephant lifted her from the way, kept her at a distance and the other elephants continued with their mission. these are true events and i am from India.

2009/12/15 23:52Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
but the elephant lifted her from the way, kept her at a distance and the other elephants continued with their mission. these are true events and i am from India.

Awesome!

After discussing this incident with my brother we got to asking a few questions: You reckon these elephants were angels disguised as elephants? And what happened to this herd after they were done with their task? Did they just go out to the countryside and disappear? If not, this herd must still be in the vicinity...

This story well illustrates the power of God in avenging his enemies which is so far superior to man's methods. Man's methods look puny in comparison..

We serve a great God...

Thanks for sharing SVShanker.

ginnyrose

2009/12/16 9:28Profile
Jdl

Re:

That's pretty amazing..thanks for posting this ginnyrose

2009/12/16 10:28Profile

Re:

Quote:
but the elephant lifted her from the way, kept her at a distance and the other elephants continued with their mission. these are true events and i am from India.

The incident about the woman is at the bottom of this [url=http://www.thehindu.com/2009/01/10/stories/2009011056340300.htm]Hindu Newspaper[/url].

Quote:
But at the Latadi village the elephant herd had saved the life of an aged woman, Sapari Pradhan. They had taken the unconscious woman to her home and tried to keep her alive till the villagers and forest officials came to the Latadi village.

When you read this paragraph you can't help but think that the Elephants took the woman to her home and waited there until officials came and then they resumed their rampage.

Is anyone else reading it that way?

2009/12/16 11:39

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy