SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Rom 6:1

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 )
PosterThread
Logic

Re:

Quote:
Leo_Grace wrote:
Quote:
You are not talking about logic.

I am talking about logic.

No your not, Logic is a system of reasoning which comes to conclusions, judgments, based on facts &/or criteria.

It doesn't matter if God "spans endless time and plumbs the depths of reasoning", He still uses the same logic as we do... 1+1=2.
Or .+.=..

2009/12/19 23:23Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

Re:

Quote:
He still uses the same logic as we do...

Really? So would you offer up your Son to die for your enemies? Would you tell a cripple to walk?

Hmm, somehow I don't think so.

2009/12/19 23:38Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

Quote:

Logic wrote:
Quote:
Leo_Grace wrote:
Quote:
You are not talking about logic.

I am talking about logic.

No your not, Logic is a system of reasoning which comes to conclusions, judgments, based on facts &/or criteria.

It doesn't matter if God "spans endless time and plumbs the depths of reasoning", He still uses the same logic as we do... 1+1=2.
Or .+.=..

You are a grasshopper, a worm, an insignificant mite with the audacity to claim that you can exercise the same depth of reasoning as God. While your definition of logic may be correct, the extent to which you can continue coherent deduction or induction is limited -- God's is not. Can you out-think or out-reason a Chess grandmaster? Can you, using your own logic, arrive at the Theory of Relativity that Einstein derived with logic? You are not even fit to compare to some men and you dare lay claim to have the same logic as God.

I am talking about true logic, which is always limited by mental capacity, not theoretical logic which you would use to elevate yourself to God's level. 1 + 1 = 2? (Edited:) I think God's logic goes beyond that.

2009/12/20 0:15Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy