SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Distinction Between Being "Filled" and "Baptized" in the Holy Ghost

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 )
PosterThread
letsgetbusy

Cleveland, Georgia

Re:

I wanted to post comments under this heading instead of getting off topic under another.

Concerning baptism of water, and of the Holy Ghost, I would like to submit the following.

You are not required to first be immersed in water to then be baptized by the Holy Ghost, as this was my personal experience. As Ravenhill says, the man with an experience is not at the mercy of a man with an argument.

Acts 10:

[47] Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
[48] And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

So, I know that I still need to be baptized in water, but it is not a prerequisite.

Concerning a second, or successive baptism of the Holy Ghost, many great soulwinners of the past documented having more than one baptism of the Holy Ghost. Duncan Campbell, Charles Finney, etc. Here is the link to Duncan Campbell's experience:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?lid=380&commentView=itemComments

Concerning the likeness of water baptism to Holy Ghost baptism, this is something God just gave me last night. There are many cases where God reflected the trinity throughout Scripture. Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob / Jesse, David, and Solomon / Peter, Stephen, and Paul.

If you will notice in the gospels, it is John that fathers the preaching of Jesus. He is the forerunner of Christ and a reflection of the Father. Christ comes to Him and submits to John's baptism, not to submit to John personally, but 'fulfil all righteousness.' He then had the Holy Ghost descend upon Him. This moment was the converging of John as a relfection of the Father, with Christ, and the dove of the Holy Ghost.

So it is not just a reflection of Holy Ghost baptism, but of all three persons of the trinity.

So here is my question, if we are to baptize others in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost, is the baptism of the Father speaking of the baptism of the Holy Ghost, or something else? There is obviously a baptism of the Lord Jesus (water), and of the Holy Ghost (fire). What is the baptism of the Father?

2005/9/10 16:39Profile
Gery

Re: Filled or Baptized?

Dear Brethren

On this site is sermons of Erlo Stegen. He has some wonderful sermons on the Baptism of the Holy Ghost. Once you've listened to them, you will understand more of the role of this baptism and its connection in the individual believer as well as Revival!

I have listened to some of these on cassette, but dont know which of his concerning this subject is on this site. But nevertheless, have a look.

In Him,
Gery.

2005/9/10 17:00Profile

Re: The Distinction Between Being "Filled" and "Baptized" in the

We had a wonderful, encouraging, word of prophecy, Sunday in our church service. We were singing "Oh Lord Your Beautiful" and the word the Lord gave us was:

[b]"BE-YE-TOO-FULL---of the holy spirit and let your love spill over onto others."[/b] :-)

[I dont know if I got that word for word but basically that was the word.]

2009/1/5 19:14
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Wow. The Lord IS good.

At service this Sunday the Lord put on a few peoples hearts something similar. That we are beautiful in his sight. That the Lord did not make a mistake in who He made us to be. That we need to go out into the world and proclaim His goodness and truth among the Nations that do not call on His name.

Lots more...

2009/1/5 19:20Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy