SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Why is heresy (J. Morrell) permitted on this message board?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Hi eveyone,

Frank, I think this is important that you mentioned,

"What was the spirit that led men to burn other men? Was it a Godly Spirit, was that the work of the Holy Spirit or the work of the spirit of men? I find it so refreshing to read how Paul delt with the gnostics of his day. He spoke of who Jesus truly was."

I think that Paul's manner truely was to bring light from God!

His skill in handeling the scriptures, along with his gifting and calling from God(Rom 1:1), [b]and[/b] his experience of Christ! (2Ti 4:17) enabled him to stand against false teaching and teachers, and to do so with a SHINE and with the light of God.

And so he could not only refute what was in error, but brought out such amazing diamonds from the mine of the scriptures...

of Abraham being justified while in uncircumcision

or that the Gospel was preached in Abraham.

A wise masterbuilder knows how to cut straight and accurate lines. And to expose what is unsound and unworthy to build upon.

And not only him, but all of the Apostles, and others, as scribes instructed unto the Kingdom, bringing forth things out of their treasure, both new and old(Mat 13:52).

One of the things that comes to memory time to time is how the Lord Jesus told his disciples that He would give them a mouth, that none of their adversaries would be able to gainsay or resist.

Wish you all well.

2009/11/8 7:26Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

Brother Eli wrote:

Quote:
My dear brother, with all due respect I cannot agree with you, and I am grieved by this kind of attitude that permeates so many hearts today. I also want to say that I believe it is this very attitude that is Sermonindex's greatest weakness and danger.

Many of these types of statements put forward in this quote and others in this thread remind me of the ways of this world. Today's politicians and spin doctors use these types of words to sway the masses into beliefs that they promote. Words like danger, heresy, heretic, weakness, slippery slope, fear, are all used by the world to co-opt those whose beliefs call into question the current belief systems.

I have been here since 2003 and have been strengthened and not weakened by this ministry. I have been challenged by fellow brothers and sisters to search the Scriptures to see if what is said aligns with Scripture. I have been sharpened rather than been made feeble and weak kneed by this open dialogue that takes place in this forum. I have witnessed the growing strength of Christ in the men who moderate this forum. The types of Sermons that are highlighted like the current one, "The Power of Travailing Prayer" demonstrates the continued work of our Savior bringing messages from men who would otherwise be unknown by many of us.

Fear is stamped out and strength abounds for those who search the Scriptures and truly use the word of God to discern between good and evil. It is the use of Scripture which casts down men's arguments. This ministry provides us believer's the opportunity
to test our own opinions about Scripture. God has given us this forum as a means to discern if our "opinions" are of Him or of this world.

In Christ
Jeff

2009/11/8 8:53Profile

Re: Differences that kill.

"Brethren, the fulcrum of the issue at hand here is essentially one man's soteriology versus another. It is my opinion that a man can have a soteriological difference with me and still be considered a brother. I do not hold to the doctrines of pelegianism or semi-pelegianism, arminianism or any other "ism" exclusively. But I hold to the sovereignity of God in salvation to the extent that many of you reading this (including Calvinists) would probably be offended."...Paul West..moderator

"Soteriology. Theological field studying the mission and work of Christ as Redeemer ( Soter )."

Cannot we see that that the ISSUE of "soteriology" was, [and will be] the seed bed of the Martyrs? What was Luther all about, if it was not this very issue. What were the 95 thesis addressing?

[b]HOW[/b] mankind would be saved!

"Original sin, and the dreadful consequences of our fall in Adam is in which the doctrine of the New Birth is ENTIRELY founded!"

George Whitfield; JOURNALS...07-09-1739

If we throw out original sin, we must then throw away the Cross, the New birth, and The divinity of Christ, and the indwelling Holy Spirit.

"It is my opinion that a man can have a soteriological difference with me and still be considered a brother."..Paul West

Well, OK, but some belief systems, masquerading as Christian, are a bit more than differences between works and grace. As has been noted, Paul risked his life daily to clarify them; for some "DENY THE VERY CROSS OF CHRIST!" This is a prime example of that, as much as any of the cults; Jehovah's Witness's for example.

It's only soteriolological..[ the way we are saved..] isn't it?

" I hold to the sovereignty of God in salvation to the extent that many of you reading this (including Calvinists) would probably be offended."...Paul West..moderator

Sure, God is Sovereign, but never at the expense of denying his Son, and the awful sacrifice of His life because of our inherit sinful nature that bound us to eternal banishment from a holy God.

I ask you, WHY is the ETERNAL BLOOD in Heaven?

Hebrews 9:12
"He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, having obtained eternal redemption."

If we act to obtain righteousness, who needs redeeming at all?

I personally do not mind any heresies posted here, other than the fact that some may be influenced to rest their faith upon a lie [that we have no original sin; are all "natural people, and can find Salvation through our own moral compass...] and be DAMNED!

I can refute it, because I happen to be grounded and rooted in my faith, and the Word, but to pooh-pooh it as just another "difference" is in my book dangerous, and either Naive, or Liberal.

The battle we fight is not about the Gospel per Se', but for the PURITY of the Gospel, and that is what this is about. This is a Pagan theology, that has always been an enemy to God. Yes, I can address it, with civility, but not with compromise, and I can hope that proponents of this lie Repent and be saved, but, different than you, Paul, I cannot or will not embrace it as just another difference from a brother.

The Apostles called it a doctrine of satan, because it deny's Jesus and His Cross as the one and only way to Heaven. This should be pointed out, in our civility to the lost.

PS..Eli-Barnanbas...WOW!

King jimmy, J. Urban...Amen!

2009/11/8 9:07
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
My dear brother, with all due respect I cannot agree with you, and I am grieved by this kind of attitude that permeates so many hearts today. I also want to say that I believe it is this very attitude that is Sermonindex's greatest weakness and danger

Which is fine, if this is your conviction. Please keep in mind that this forum is not a baptist church, a presbyterian church, a lutheran church - we do not hold to a Westinister Confession, or a Nicene Creed. All are welcome here as long as they do not break forum guidlelines. We have even had Roman Catholics here in past; they are not banned when they begin promoting Rome's doctrine. They are banned when they break forum guidelines (i.e. spamming the doctrine).

There are plenty of people that don't like your theology either, Eli. I have been asked to deal with you, but I explain that you haven't broken any rules here, and you are free to share your convictions with impunity.

You may all stand in opposition to my decision in not banning "trufaithsav" or whoever he is. He doesn't deserve to be banned - simply because he hasn't broken any forum guidlelines. There is not guideline stating he cannot "discuss" Moral Government; just like there is not a ban on Finney sermons here either.

If you cannot tolerate this liberality, we would suggest you find a forum that soley promotes and tolerates to be what you deem as the non-negotiable gospel. There will be no animosity, and my conscience will remain clear.

Thank you for this discussion. My intent is not to argue soteriology; we will know at the judgment who was right and who was wrong when we see if Charles Finney is there with any of his converts :)

As far as I am concerned, this discussion is over for me. Please consult Greg Gordon if you have any further grievances.

With love and respect,

Paul

2009/11/8 9:56Profile
KingJimmy

Charlotte, NC

Re:

By the way, Jesse is preaching his open theism in the Bible prophecy thread. I surely don't hope we think open theism is a matter that any saved person can hold to and still be counted as a brother.

2009/11/8 9:57Profile
IWantAnguish

Re:

"It is my opinion that a man can have a soteriological difference with me and still be considered a brother."..Paul West

Why don't we allow Muslims and Hindus and Jews to propagate their beliefs on this forum then?

If it's just a matter of salvation, then there's no big deal.

I mean, we all worship the same God don't we? If we call it Atman, Allah, or whatever.

:-o

The moderators have a very immense responsibility being in charge of this forum.

I fear that they may be held accountable to an extent as to what beliefs are allowed to be propagated on these forums in the guise of truth.

As men of God, we are called to protect the Bride of Christ, at all costs.

As Paul Washer stated, if his wife was attacked by 10 men in a parking lot late at Wal-Mart; and you walked by as a man, with your head down, in the name of self-preservation... Paul Washer would not only go after those 10 men, he would come looking for you.

We must present the Church of Christ as a beautiful virgin, for the glory of God.

2009/11/8 11:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
"It is my opinion that a man can have a soterio logical difference with me and still be considered a brother."..Paul West. **Why don't we allow Muslims and Hindus and Jews to propagate their beliefs on this forum then?

That was a low blow.

There is a vast difference in having a disagreement when it comes to the various teachings within the Church then to discuss the different beliefs in other religions.

I disagree with everyone who believes in these days being the "last days", but I am still considered a brother and I would those who disagreed with me. But to pull in the Muslims and Hindus to show an example of what Paul West said is very low.

And NO! we don't worship the same God. If you can get a Muslim to agree with you that God's name is Jesus, then we will have something in common.

Quote:
The moderators have a very immense responsibility being in charge of this forum.

And they no doubt pray for this forum and the work that goes on here. They know when to shut a thread down. But if the conversations are logical, uplifting and relatively sane, they will allow them to continue, but when it gets silly and sexual, or anything that starts to degenerate into godlessness, it's shut off. This site has been here for a few years now, and they know what they are doing.

Besides, how do you know if those who happen to stumble in here with that belief and discover through our discussions that they are wrong and by our rightly dividing the word causes some to see, isn't that worth it?

I think it's that mindset that the Admins keep these threads going like that, else I would have been thrown out as a heretic for stating that the last days are long past. I should have been banned from this site since day one.

2009/11/8 11:55

Re:

Quote:
As Paul Washer stated, if his wife was attacked by 10 men in a parking lot late at Wal-Mart; and you walked by as a man, with your head down, in the name of self-preservation... Paul Washer would not only go after those 10 men, he would come looking for you.

And when he caught up with those men, what would he do to them? Beat them up?? Seek vengeance? or would he let them go and tend to his wife's needs and let God be the avenger? And why would he come looking for me? What kind of men are we that we should act like the world in seeking vengeance?

2009/11/8 12:06
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: forum guidelines

Quote:
If you cannot tolerate this liberality, we would suggest you find a forum that soley promotes and tolerates to be what you deem as the non-negotiable gospel. There will be no animosity, and my conscience will remain clear.

Thank you for this discussion. My intent is not to argue soteriology; we will know at the judgment who was right and who was wrong when we see if Charles Finney is there with any of his converts :)

Brother, I know I'm just a woman, but I stand with you and behind you on this. I commend you on your responses thus far.

2009/11/8 12:10Profile

Sam Yoon "IWantAnguish"

Quote:
Why don't we allow Muslims and Hindus and Jews to propagate their beliefs on this forum then?

I'm a Jew....you got a problem with that?

I'm a Jew, and you, who reads a Bible with 64 of the 66 Books written by Jews, groups us in with muslims and hindus?

and something rings wrong about this statement of yours,

Quote:
As men of God, we are called to protect the Bride of Christ, at all costs.

chapter and verse, please.

Much much wisdom in The Lord has been forwarded on this thread by dear brothers, Leo, BrotherTom, Pat, Frank, Eli, Josef, and YES...brother Paul West who has the unenviable task of being even-handed in a cyber universe of sometimes overwrought religiostic car crazies.

Your comment on us Jews breaks my heart, because we have over 1700 years of murderous rapacious treatment at the hands of those who have said and done, "Kill a Jew for Jesus!".......its been that way since satan crept into Constantine's heart and he proclaimed "the holy roman church".....and NOW we have Jesse Morrell back, or some camp follower of his, this trusavfaith. Jesse thru his "ministry" has done more to drive the lost AWAY from Christ with that sad sick "look at me" circus act, since Jed Smock picked up a Bible and a megaphone.

I watched Jesse loudly proclaim that he "doesn't sin", what a hellish lie, but still brother Paul has chosen the wise and loving course. satan always oversteps himself, and is undone, so it will be with Jesse and those of his ilk.

But Sam, dont forget, you're an ingrafted Vine, I say that with love, as I wish all the people of the tribe of my flesh, come to a saving knowledge of Messiah, and Him Crucified.

neil

2009/11/8 12:16

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy