SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Clear evidence of a post trib rapture.

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Chris Wrote:I currently lean toward a rapture that takes place before the wrath of God is poured out upon the Earth. Of course, I don't want to list my reasons (again). They are included in the other threads that debate the timing of the Lord's return.

Bob, I can answer that question in one word....
Soon! ;-)

I have also heard this one from all directions and lean more toward no special rapture at all, but rather the body of Christ being caught away immediately after the dead in Christ rise. I guess you would call this a pre-wrath rapture as most people see it.

This one thing I do know. I will be more and more sure of my eschatology as I see it happening. In the mean time.........occupy!

Even so Lord come quickly! How my heart longs to see Him face to face.

2009/10/30 19:49Profile
ccchhhrrriiisss

Re:

Hi twayneb...

Quote:
Even so Lord come quickly! How my heart longs to see Him face to face.

Amen!!! What a wonderful day that will be!!!

BTW, CrossCarrier...
Quote:
The pre trib rapture teaching is leaving the church unprepared. It has left the church fat, lazy, and out of breath.

I don't think that pre-trib believers have a monopoly on this. I have known plenty of of post and mid-tribbers who are just as fat, lazy and out of (spiritual) breath. I think that this has less to do with personal views on eschatology...and perhaps something to do with an inadequate prayer life.

2009/10/30 20:03Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Chris, I think you might be right brother. I am not so sure it has a lot to do with eschatology unless you are basing your relationship with Christ on your knowledge of when He is coming. I am not even sure it is a symptom of a prayerless life. I think the prayerless life is the symptom of something deeper still. I do know this one thing. I am so in love with Him and the time I spend with Him is so glorious. I find myself from time to time imagining what it will be like to finally see Him face to face, and it fills me with such desire for Him.

CrossCarrier, welcome to SI. The resources you will find here are outstanding. I have been blessed especially by audio teachings by Tozer, Ravenhill, and Duncan Campbell. Downloadable to my MP3 player. They are some of my favorite. I don't know why, but I really like listening to the older men who have paved the way. Enjoy the resources. Good to have you here.

2009/10/30 21:48Profile
jimp

Re:

hi, when Jesus came the first time less than ten people got it right originally. be ready today...jimp

2009/10/31 2:29Profile

Re: hi ?

amen !!

2009/10/31 12:44

Re: the truth

LUKE 17:26-35:

It tells us it will be just like the days of Noah and Lot until the last day no one repented. Noah built the Ark for many years but no one wanted to get in Ark. They said it has never rained before. Much like this generation that says we will not go through the persecution that God has already told us we will go through. In the Days of Noah there was not a three year period when the water was only waist deep; that people would have another opportunity to enter the Ark. In the days of Lot there was not a second chance to get out of Sodom. In fact, the one that even looked back was turned to salt. In verse 32 it says “Remember Lot’s wife.” Even if you make it through the coming holocaust and your heart is still attached to this world, you will be left when Jesus does come back at the Last Seal, Last Trumpet and Last Bowl. And just like in the Days of Noah and Lot, all who are here will be destroyed. Matthew 13:41-43. Just like in the Days of Noah and Lot all will be destroyed Luke 37. People get ready. Jesus told us watch out that you are not deceived! Christians need to settle it in their hearts. If Jesus thought it was important for Peter to know that he would glorify God through his death in John 21:18-19. Then I believe it is equally important for us to know. Love always protects!!!!!
:-D

2009/10/31 12:46

Re: Edit

Luke 17:37

2009/10/31 13:52
Earendel

Central Alberta, Canada

Re: Clear evidence of a post trib rapture.

The pre-trib rapture view states that ALL Christians will be removed from the Earth before the 7-year tribulation begins.

A common biblical phrase used for this view is the “The Body of Christ” is NOT appointed to wrath.

Well...this is true, we are not.

The Body of Christ is not appointed to wrath. But if the Body of Christ is not appointed to wrath, then neither is the Christian saints that go through the Tribulation, because the Body of Christ is not appointed to wrath, and they are the body of Christ too.

Although, the Body of Christ is not appointed to wrath, they are appointed to judgement.

Is it not the Apostle Peter who wrote that the judgement of God must begin at the house of God, and if the righteous scarcely be saved, where will the ungodly and sinner appear?

If the pre-trib rapture view is to be taken seriously by true students of bible prophecy, then there are two raptures at the time of the end, one before the Tribulation and one sometime before the end of the Great Tribulation, ...because both groups of saints are a part of the “First Resurrection” and rule and reign with Christ for a thousand years!

Pre-trib viewpoint rests heavily on Rev 3:10 which states: Because you have kept the word of My perseverance, I also will keep you from the hour of testing, that hour which is about to come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.

And herein is the crux of the matter...the Lord Jesus does not state that the rapture will take place here at this point, only that: “ I also will keep you from the hour of testing”

It has been pointed out that over a billion evangelical Christians exist on the earth today; it has also been pointed out that the “Bible Belt USA” has the worst morality of any place in America. Just because a person calls themselves a Christian does not make it so.

I believe only a remnant of those who call themselves Christians will be “kept from the hour of testing” but so as through the fire, just like the 3 Hebrew Children was kept by the super-natural power of God.

The Apostle Paul seemed to know when the rapture would take place. 1 Corinthians 15:52 states: in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, [b]at the last trumpet.[/b] For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The only other place in the New Testament where it talks about trumpets at the time of the end is in the Book of Revelation; the last trumpet is the seventh trumpet where the Kingdom is proclaimed. The seven trumpets precede the bowl judgements, or the wrath of God.

I do not believe that Christians will be on the earth during the bowl judgements; I believe the rapture takes place at the seventh trumpet. There will be a remnant of man left on the earth from the nations after the Tribulation.

2009/10/31 14:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy