SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Swine Flu H1N1 should you get it done??

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
nearthecross

Re:

Quote:
The average cost of the swine flu vaccination is currently $15. In many cases (especially for the poor, elderly or children), the vaccine is available free of charge. That seems to be quite "inexpensive" measure of preventive medicine...

Which is why I said [u]the flu[/u] and [u]other viruses[/u]. I wasn't referring specifically to any one flu or virus. There myriad types of flus and potentially harmful viruses and diseases out there. Getting vaccines for all of these, buying perscription medication and otc drugs regularly, and the additional costs of doctor visits can take its toll on your wallet. I know from experience, as do most other people.

EDIT:

A lifestyle change, on the other hand, may have an adittional cost as well, but for the most part it will involve a change in how you spend your money (e.g, instead of buying all that junk food and sweets, you use that money to buy organic produce and vitamins).

2009/10/31 1:57Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Swine Flu H1N1 should you get it done??

Quote:
ccchhhrrriiisss wrote:
Hi Lysa...

I find that your demand for "proof" is quite necessary. We should not simply take someone's word for granted. However, I would think that this same urgency for "proof" would also extend to the claims made by Joseph Mercola.
:-)

Chris,

I appreciate your answer and you know I'm all H1N1'd out! Please don't (unless someone else wants them), go to all the trouble of finding the articles/suits. This is unending, kinda like the gift of tongues debate and the pre-vs-post trib as well! Not near as hot but still many sides to it. I am more than satisfied with alternative medicine coupled with prayer.

Please watch that video nearthecross put up! There is one guy on there (a Dr at Stanford U), I was listening to him and said, "wow, that guy sounds just like Chris!" He believes wholeheartedly as you do that he is right. He probably is for some people! You can listen to him at the 23 minute mark to the 27 minute mark but please listen to the next story to the 30 minutes mark.

[url=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7357629140536485998&ei=nxnpSojICZTqqAP6k9X0Cg&q=dying+to+have+known&hl=en#]Dying to Have Known - Gerson Therapy[/url]

And I truly do not know if conventional or alternative medicine truly matters since some plant and some water but it's GOD WHO GIVES THE INCREASE! I will choose the alternative as best I can.

God bless you Chris!! Thanks for all your input!

2009/10/31 3:19Profile

Re:

Quote:
There is an old Spanish axiom that might bear some consideration. When translated, it reads: “Pray for daily bread, but go to work still.”

I like that saying.
Quote:
The average cost of the swine flu vaccination is currently $15

Come to Canada, it's free. :-P

There is a side affect of taking mega doses of Vitamin C and that is diarrhea. Paul's admonition is to do everything in moderation. At the onset of taking Vitamin C I would take about 2000mg, but there after it's not necessary to take such a huge amount. 500mg per day thereafter is enough to keep the vitamin resident without depletion. That is the whole idea of taking vitamins is that our bodies will have a continual supply, but loading up will be bad in the long run.

People have this idea that if it's natural than it must be good for you. Asbestos is natural but it's not good for us, it's best left in the ground, but if breathed in can hamper breathing and can be fatal. There are certain vitamins that should be carefully monitored so that too much is not taken in because the effects could make one sick.

I've studied alternative medicine for many years and have come to the conclusion that too much of a good thing can be bad.

You know, we can even apply this spiritually. Too much of the presence of God can make a weak Christian. Oh yes, it's a normal function in this life for believers to experience "dry" times. If we never went through anything bad, we'd be a torment to Christians that have. If you never said these words during your hard times, "LORD, where are you?", then you have never truly understood what it means to be "one of His". Being one of His involves the cross, it involves mountains, valleys, shipwrecks, shadows of death, loneliness, faith, depressions, oppressions, etc.. Even when we don't "feel" Him, we know that He is there, because He said that He would never leave us nor forsake us. He has given us a portion in this life, a balance that is not too extreme so that we are not only devouring one thing. It is our prayer that we get our "daily bread" straight from His mouth. But sometimes that is not always the case. When the brook dried up and the ravens have flown the coop it's time to move on and find out where God wants us to be so that He can give us more of that daily bread. Mind you, his bread (meat) is to do the will of God, it's not a selfish meat for our own to devour, for knowledge puffeth up but Charity edifieth. That simply means that knowledge without the act of sharing will only puff up. The Pharisees had knowledge but they held it back from the people, therefore they did not love, thus the LORD was very angry with them.

2009/10/31 9:33
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

DeepThinker,

Your comment about vitamin C is right on. After our son was diagnosed with acanthamoeba keratitis (he got a cornea transplant after the cornea burst) the doctor put him on heavy doses of vitamin C. He took it for a long time then when he came off of it, he got sick!

Quote:
Too much of the presence of God can make a weak Christian.

But I disagree with this statement. Why? God knows what is best for us and He will monitor that...I do not have to decide on this and besides the devil will see to it that this won't happen! :-? DT, don't you want to rethink this? I have never heard of anyone having too much of God. There is no one in the Biblical record of having experienced this...please reconsider...

Blessings,
ginnyrose

EDIT: I am not disputing the purpose or existence of the dry times...does God not see this? Is this not in his control? How many dry seasons are caused by our own carelessness? I would guess most are...

2009/10/31 10:03Profile

Re:

Quote:
He believes wholeheartedly as you do that he is right

Proverbs says, "Let another praise thee and not your own tongue".

Let me speak on behalf of Chris. He has presented information that he considers to be factual and not rumoured. He works in this type of field and has given to this thread data that is beneficial for those who are considering to take the vaccine. It's vital that we understand both the pro's and the con's of this medication. He has presented the pro's and has been questioned regarding the con's and has answered the questions in a calm manner to which I am satisfied.

We as Christians are the type of people to believe the worst about anything that is going in the world. We are at best, extremists. We like conspiracies. The alternative medicine industry thrives off of Christians because of the "conspiracies" we have put our trust in. Did you know that a conspiracy that is unfounded is a "wives tale"? It can be "slander" a "lie", an "assumption".

It's like the guy that was going to be elected to the board of a Church but when they found out that God saved him from homosexuality they dropped him from the list. Yet they elected a man who had an unclean spirit which no one could discern. We are extremists. We believe in what we see instead of what the "Spirit is saying". The first man wasn't elected because of a lie. He was not a homosexual at the time of the election, that man in his past died with Christ to which the Church did not recognize. The man with the unclean spirit had a perfect record, but secretly he was the devil. That Church went down hill because of the conspiracy that no one is ever free from homosexuality.

2009/10/31 10:03

Re:

Quote:
There is no one in the Biblical record of having experienced this...please reconsider...

Jesus did! "My God my God, why hast thou forsaken me"?

Love your thoughts Ginny, keep it up.

2009/10/31 10:08
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
Jesus did! "My God my God, why hast thou forsaken me"?

hmmm...never thought of that before, but God was in control there, though. Oh well, got too many other (EDIT) things to do then split hairs about this!

Take care...

ginnyrose

2009/10/31 10:32Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

nearthecross wrote:

Quote:

Maybe the question we should be asking is, "Is it necessary to take vaccines at all?"

If it cures a disease (or almost wipes it out) as sister Ginnyrose srtates about Polio, then yes, it should be necessary.

If is is about furthering a governmental agenda, then no, it should not be necessary.

As for me and my house...

2009/10/31 12:21Profile
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

DeepThinker wrote:

Quote:

Come to Canada, it's free. :-P

Free, or paid by the citizens? 8-) :-P

2009/10/31 12:22Profile

Re:

"You know, we can even apply this spiritually. Too much of the presence of God can make a weak Christian. Oh yes, it's a normal function in this life for believers to experience "dry" times. If we never went through anything bad, we'd be a torment to Christians that have. If you never said these words during your hard times, "LORD, where are you?", then you have never truly understood what it means to be "one of His". Being one of His involves the cross, it involves mountains, valleys, shipwrecks, shadows of death, loneliness, faith, depressions, oppressions, etc.. Even when we don't "feel" Him, we know that He is there, because He said that He would never leave us nor forsake us. He has given us a portion in this life, a balance that is not too extreme so that we are not only devouring one thing. It is our prayer that we get our "daily bread" straight from His mouth. But sometimes that is not always the case. When the brook dried up and the ravens have flown the coop it's time to move on and find out where God wants us to be so that He can give us more of that daily bread. Mind you, his bread (meat) is to do the will of God, it's not a selfish meat for our own to devour, for knowledge puffeth up but Charity edifieth. That simply means that knowledge without the act of sharing will only puff up. The Pharisees had knowledge but they held it back from the people, therefore they did not love, thus the LORD was very angry with them."

HI deepthinker, love the first part of this thought, although I would put the emphasis on the human side, meaning that we would get sick, not becuase of an abundance of the presence of God but because of the weakness of our flesh which I am sure is what you meant. Then the flip side of course is not having experienced the presence of God or it having been a one-time experience. One encounter with God does not a Christian make :) Its the abiding and so on, again I am sure you agree. The second part of the above quote, in rgeard to the Pharisees. There was nothing that they had that could help the people. They had a head knowledge, but the kind on knowledge that saves is not a head knowledge but a heart knowledge, meaning an initmacy with Jesus where we can truthfully state that we "know," Him, and of course, He "knows," us. We know that God has all "knowledge," yet he says too many in that day who call Him Lord to depart from me , you workers of iniquity, for I never "knew," you.

"Jesus did! "My God my God, why hast thou forsaken me"?"

Amen brother, that is the part of the agony of Calvary and truly a mystery as to the true depths of the suffering that took place on the cross, and let us not forget the agony of the Father as He watched His Son suffer torment and turned His face away. This is the essence of Calvary and the only expalnation is "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that whosoever..............." .......Frank

2009/10/31 12:38

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy