SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : 7 Arguments Atheists Can't Use by Eli Brayley

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

I don't mean I personally believe this, I mean that I think I've read or been told this by Muslims. I used all caps since there is no option for italics (which communicates more uncertainty than capitals). I'm not trying to compare Muslim's beliefs vs Scripture, I'm just trying to relate what they believe in light of their Koran, for the sake of accuracy. That's all.

If we're going to present the truth, we must do it seamlessly.

2011/5/14 22:11

clarity and wolf chow.

I am so relieved.... EverestoSama...and your post was not clear at all. Yes! the Jihadists believe that an eternal harem is awaiting them....so they are anxious to die.

Hell is awaiting the unrepentant Muslim...and all of those who reject the only Savior...Jesus!

Timothy 6:19-21
19 storing up for themselves a good foundation for the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life.

Guard the Faith................

20 O Timothy! Guard what was committed to your trust, avoiding the profane and idle babblings and contradictions of what is falsely called knowledge— 21 by professing it some have strayed concerning the faith.
Grace be with you. Amen.

Avoid idle babblings and contradictions...[ to those speaking to Aaron A. ]. You cannot argue faith, or reason it out. It is born in the heart by God; it is a gift from God. AA seems to be selling wolf-chow more than seeking He who is the Truth, Life, and only Way.

2011/5/14 22:25

Re: clarity and wolf chow.

Quote:
Avoid idle babblings and contradictions...[ to those speaking to Aaron A. ]. You cannot argue faith, or reason it out. It is born in the heart by God; it is a gift from God.

These is probably some of the best advice I've seen on this topic. Your prayers will go much further for Aaron than any amount of reasoning. I would encourage all involved to spend much more time interceding on his behalf, rather than running in circles trying to reveal something that only God Himself can. The truth has been presented. Now beg God on his behalf to reveal it to him.

2011/5/14 22:38
AaronAgassi

Re:

The begged question that I allude to, Alive-to-God, is about how other religions claim absolute certitude no differently than Christianity, and that they too can always explain away the claims and experiences of their competitor religions including Christianity, likewise by resort to deceiving spirits and whatnot, all much the same. How and why then, should any religion be deemed any more credible than the other, save by circuitous reasoning under special pleadings? Regardless of the different paths to salvation extolled by different religions, they all claim the same certitude of each their own dogmas and promises of salvation. Moreover, such certainty, such dogmatism, is a factor in the intractability of conflict, and falibliism is the only escape. Even though, incidentally, Christianity and Islam agree that genuine repentance is crucial to salvation before God.

- no EverestoSama, not only in death through Jihad. Such much. But it is interesting how you seem to believe that God honors His variant contracts under different faiths. Jews, incidentally, are expected to draft individual contracts with God. And then there is the most famous quotation from Hamlet: " To thine own self be true."

No, Alive-to-God, the burden of the evidence is not on the one with the most to lose. Statements are speaker independent. The same statement can always come from differently motivated people in entirely different circumstances. Besides, more circuitous reasoning: I only have so much to lose, if there is indeed a God, and indeed such a God who lays in wait to punish honesty with Hellfire. Whereas, by contrast, you are wasting your life upon the paralysis of demanding absolute certainty.

2011/5/14 22:42Profile

Re:

Quote:
But it is interesting how you seem to believe that God honors His variant contracts under different faiths.

I neither said, nor believe that. I just stated what THEY believe, that's all. I tried to clarify in my second post.

2011/5/14 23:20
AaronAgassi

Re:

ok

2011/5/14 23:42Profile

Re:

Yeah, sorry about the confusion. Tone and inflection are difficult sometimes to communicate in text. It sounded right out loud, it just didn't jive so well when written down. :P

2011/5/14 23:50
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Quote:
Miccah, since you mention it, I think that there is everything to gain from the embrace of faliblism. So it appears to me that you do have something at stake. But please yourself. Moreover, if you have been following this thread at all, you know that I reject your claim that it is up to me, nor possible nor necessary, to be absolutely certain of the falsehood of your fairytale. And the logical falsity of relevance of Argument from Force or Consequence is moot.

I warned you once already. You keep messing around, and your gonna get saved.

See you on the flip side my friend. :-)

2011/5/15 0:33Profile
AaronAgassi

Re: clarity and wolf chow.

Brothertom

Quote:
You cannot argue faith, or reason it out.

Which is to say that it is irrational, indeed, antirational.

And I never claimed to be seeking God.

2011/5/15 2:01Profile

Re:

Quote:
And I never claimed to be seeking God.

You don't have to worry about that. Though you may not like it, you've just agreed with the Bible 100%.

In Romans 3:11 it says;

THERE IS NONE WHO UNDERSTANDS, THERE IS NONE WHO SEEKS FOR GOD;

God seeks you. Doesn't matter that you're not seeking for Him.

2011/5/15 9:28

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy