SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Did Jesus come already?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re: Signs of Christ's imminent return

False teachers always pick and choose what Scripture’s they use to prove that Christ has already come again—referred to as His "second coming".

However, the whole counsel of God has many prophecies within it that go into detail about this end time event, and the “signs” that will let us know that it is at our door:.

The signs are as follows:

1. The Gospel will be preached in all the world before the physical return of Jesus Christ to the earth occurs at Armageddon, although exhaustive efforts are presently underway to accomplish this:
Matthew 24:14: And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

2. There will be a mixture of believers and false believers within the Church body:
Matthew 13:24-30: Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way. But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also. So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

3. There will be scoffers:
The Bible tells us one of the key signs of the end times will be people doubting the return of Christ will ever happen.
2nd Peter 3:3-4: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

4. Humanity will be able to cross the globe rapidly and science will be advancing:
Daniel 12:4: But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

5. Perilous times will come for mankind:
2nd Timothy 3:1: This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

6. Mankind will deny God once flooded the earth:
2nd Peter 3:5-6: For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water: Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7. The earth will be swimming in a sea of violence:
As it was in the days of Noah (Luke 17:26), so it shall be at the end. How was the earth in Noah's time?
Look no further than Genesis 6:11: The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

8. There will be warfare all over the globe:
Mark 13:8: For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:

9. Mankind will have the capability to destroy all life on the planet:
Unique to our generation, this prophecy could not have been fulfilled prior to the invention of weapons of mass destruction such as the nuclear bomb. Matthew 24: 22: And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

10. Deadly diseases will be rampant:
Matthew 24:7: For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

11. Famines will be common:
Matthew 24:7: For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

12. Earthquakes will be occurring globally:

13. There will be violent weather:
Luke 21:25- And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

14. Children will be disobedient and rebellious:
2nd Timothy 3:2: For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

15. Christians and Jews will be hated for their faith in and connection with Christ:
Luke 21:17: And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.

16. Mankind will be in a state of moral, spiritual decay:
2nd Timothy 3:2-5: For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

17. Religious cults will flourish:
2nd Peter 2:1: But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

18. There will be progress made toward a global government:
The European Union, the revived Roman Empire, is alive today and moving steadily toward the fulfillment of this prophecy as seen in Daniel 7: 23: "The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces." The Antichrist who will lead this world government (after the rapture of the Christian Church takes place) will be (or become) leader of the European Union as seen in Daniel 9:26.

19. The world will be desperately seeking peace:
1st Thessalonians 5:3: For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

20. Global means of communication will exist:
We know this because the book of Revelation teaches us the entire world will see several events. This is unique to our generation as only recently in mankind's history have these technologies been present.
Revelation 11:9: And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their dead bodies to be put in graves.

20. Israel will exist as a nation in the latter days:
Read Ezekiel 37:1-14 to see this prophecy, which was fulfilled in 1948.

21. Israel's birth as a nation will have happened in one day:
Fulfilled on May 14, 1948 as seen in Isaiah 66:8: "Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once?"

22. Israel will be in possession of Jerusalem (has been since 1967):
This happened as a result of the Six-Day War in 1967. The capture of Jerusalem was critical from a prophetic standpoint as the Antichrist will someday enter a rebuilt Holy Temple that will be standing in Jerusalem at the midpoint of the Tribulation Period where he will declare himself to be God. This event, referred to by most as the abomination of desolation, is documented in Daniel 9:27 and Matthew 24:15.

23. Israel will be surrounded on every side by enemies:
Psalms 83:4: They have said, Come, and let us cut them off from being a nation; that the name of Israel may be no more in remembrance.

24. The possession of Jerusalem will be the source of international conflict:
Is this happening today or what? It's a HUGE sign to us! Zechariah 12:3: And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

25. Christians will be lukewarm in their faith:
In Christ's address to the seven churches, He says in Revelation 3:15: I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

26. Many will claim to be Christ:
Matthew 24:5: For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

27. False Christs and false prophets will be very effective in the art of deception:
Matthew 24:24: For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

28. There will be signs in the heavens:
Luke 21:25: And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

29. Mockers will abound because those who live according to their own desires love to mock those who try to live theirs in a manner pleasing to God.
Jude 1:18: How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.

30. Idolatry will be common:
Revelation 9:20: And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:
31. Many Christians and church doctrines will depart from the faith: 1st Timothy 4:1: Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

32. Mankind's state of rebellion will be so great, the coming of Christ will catch them completely off-guard:
Luke 21:35: For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

33. Homosexuality will be flaunted:
Leviticus 20:13: "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them."
This is also spoken of in Luke 17:28- 30: "Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed."

Although homosexuality is an abomination in the eyes of God, all sin is! I bring up this point because many Christians treat homosexuality as if it is the most unforgivable sin of all. Jesus Christ forgives all sins and we, His followers, should be reaching out to these people with love in our hearts that they might be saved! Homosexuality is not an unpardonable sin any more than any other sin is!

34. Many will rejoice in their unrighteousness:
2nd Thessalonians 2: 12: "That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness."
These people, according to 2nd Thessalonians 2:11, will be subject to believing the lie the Antichrist will present to the world in the aftermath of the Rapture of the Church, leading many of them to eternal damnation. God will allow them to be deceived, it seems, as a reward for their bold defiance of Him. What a frightening thought!

35. Aliyah will be taking place:
What is Aliyah? Aliyah is the Hebrew word used to describe the physical return of the Jewish people, the children of Israel, to their ancient Promised Land, Zion, from abroad.
In Scripture, God promised He would bring the Jews (descendants of Abraham) back to their Promised Land from all the nations of the world where He had scattered them! It is happening even as you read these words.
Ezekiel 36:24: For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

36. There will be signs Earth's environment is in trouble:
Romans 8:21-23: Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now. And not only [they], but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, [to wit], the redemption of our body.

37. Technology will exist capable of tracking the world's population, finances.
Revelation 13:16-17: And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

38. The capability will exist for an army of 200 million soldiers to be formed:
In Revelation 9:16, John sees a specific number of soldiers/"horsemen" preparing for or entering into war: And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

Estimates of the total human population of Earth during Christ's day typically vary between 100 to 400 million people. In 2004, the CIA determined China had an estimated 208,143,352 in its population alone fit for military service. As of 2006, that number had risen to 281,240,272 men fit for military service.

39. Drug use will be rampant:
Revelation 9:21: Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
The original Greek for the word 'sorceries' is pharmakeia {far-mak-i'-ah}. It means the use of or the administering of drugs OR sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it.

40. Evil men, seducers and deceivers will get worse and worse. (2nd Timothy 3:13)
One doesn't have to think too hard to realize this prophecy is being dramatically fulfilled in our times. Upon reading this, close your eyes for a moment and think of how many people you know (or have heard of from reputable sources) who seem to be evil to the core! Similarly, think of how many people you know who have fallen victim to frauds and scams perpetrated by seducers (deceivers/imposters). The world today seems full of these types with no letup in sight.

41. There will be wars and rumours of war.
Matthew 24:6: And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.
It seems that for every international conflict that exists at a given moment in our present time, there is potential for another to manifest itself as well. It's as though our world is about to blow apart at the seams!

42. When we begin to collectively see the signs listed above, Christ's return is near!
Luke 21:28: And when these things BEGIN to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.

Sincerely,

Walter

Quote:

savannah wrote:
Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor shall be.

DELETED

2009/9/25 22:17
elharris

Re:

There's a name for what deepthinker believes, that Jesus already came back. It's called PRETERISM, and it's nothing new.

It was invented by some Roman Catholic JESUIT, back after the reformation started, to try and counteract, the interpretation of the Reformers, that the Pope was the Antichrist, and the RCC was Mystery Babylon mother of harlots.

I researched the history and origins of all these so called forms and systems of theology, that men have come up with, and I was thinking of writing something on it, but frankly it's just a pain, and I'd rather be reading the Word or riding my horse.

But out of curiosity I did search out some other articles on it, and so if anyone is interested in what the name of this "belief" is, and where it came from and what it teaches, here are some articles. I do believe that it's something that we should be aware of, and AGAINST! I do not think that it represents, the truth in anyway shape or form.

http://www.preteristarchive.com/CriticalArticles/1999_ice_destructive-view.html

http://www.according2prophecy.org/Preterism.html

2009/9/26 0:36Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Endtimes

Quote:
elharris wrote:
I do believe that it's something that we should be aware of, and AGAINST! I do not think that it represents, the truth in anyway shape or form.

I do not have a dog in this fight, I just wanted to toss something out there for consideration.

The statement above implies that you have a special knowledge about the endtimes that none of the others have, which is further supported by this other statement...

Quote:
I researched the history and origins of all these so called forms and systems of theology, that men have come up with, and I was thinking of writing something on it, but frankly it's just a pain, and I'd rather be reading the Word or riding my horse.

You cannot know 100%, nor does Walter, nor do I, and nor does DeepThinker. It is pure and simple PRIDE that makes any of us think and believe that we have researched ALL THE HISTORY AND ORIGINS making us more knowledgeable on the subject (and that God wouldn't make a move with us! LOL).

In the past, I have been so guilty of this and I submit that when anyone goes into a discussion thinking they have all knowledge on the subject, that is what creates arguments and causes a divide in what could otherwise be a great discussion about UNCOVERING the truth not dispensing it out.

I truly believe that the endtimes is one of the areas that Christ left in the shadows and for good reason; either we're trusting Him or we are trusting our own arm of flesh.

There is my two cents that I tossed in there! I hope I still have acquaintances on here!! (huge grin)

God bless you all! I truly mean that and this post was meant for ALL OF US not just el.

2009/9/26 3:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
I do not think that it represents, the truth in anyway shape or form.

Funny how you pass judgement on something that you haven't fully considered. Doesn't it say that he that judgeth a matter before he hears it is folly and a shame to him? Proverbs 18:12, probably to busy riding the horse instead of studying the word. eh Walter?

And yes this teaching is called Preterism. There is more truth in this then the "made" up version of the Great Tribulation.

Here is a challenge for you, where in the King James Bible will you find 7 years of Tribulation? Don't dance around the question, just answer with the verse or verses with the 7 years. And don't quote it from another website, YOU find it for yourself, know what you believe for yourself.

There is only one spot, but you have to use another translation OR take what the margin says to make the theory fit.

When you can't find it, which you won't, what else is in what you believe questionable?

Good Luck!

2009/9/26 15:09
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

DeepThinker wrote:

Quote:

Here is a challenge for you, where in the King James Bible will you find 7 years of Tribulation? Don't dance around the question, just answer with the verse or verses with the 7 years. And don't quote it from another website, YOU find it for yourself, know what you believe for yourself.

There is only one spot, but you have to use another translation OR take what the margin says to make the theory fit.

When you can't find it, which you won't, what else is in what you believe questionable?

Good Luck!

Regardless of what the Bible says, this is a strawman arguement. The outcome of your last question to Waltern has NO bearing on the outcome of your original. To prove one and/or disprove one of the other (questions) has no bearing on either.

2009/9/26 16:32Profile
Rev_Knowital

Re:

In my humble and yet accurate assessment
most of the opinions here are just that...... opinions.
If you really want to know it all just wait about 100 years.

2009/9/26 16:33Profile
Leo_Grace

Re:

On this matter of Christ's second coming, the Bible is very clear: it will happen in such a manner that everyone will know that Christ has come; all nations will recognize this and mourn; there will be no doubt whatsoever in everyone's mind because it will be resound across the skies and throughout the earth.

Jesus said:
Mt 24:27-31 [color=CC3300]"For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man. Wherever there is a carcass, there the vultures will gather. Immediately after the distress of those days ‘the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light; the stars will fall from the sky, and the heavenly bodies will be shaken.’ At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."[/color]

If it had already happened, we would all know of it. History would have recorded such a great cataclysmic event. It is not something that would have gone unnoticed.

Since there is no such historical record, it has not happened yet.

2009/9/26 17:19Profile

Re:

Quote:
Regardless of what the Bible says, this is a straw-man argument. The outcome of your last question to Waltern has NO bearing on the outcome of your original. To prove one and/or disprove one of the other (questions) has no bearing on either.

Can't find it eh?

So far my questions go unanswered because no one can answer them, but all I get are accusations after accusations.

When I talk to evolutionists and Atheists they do the same thing. They attack the person instead of answering the question. They do that because they are being backed into a corner and they can't get out. The Pharisees did the same thing with Jesus, they attacked Him instead of agreeing with what the word said.

Pride is a deadly thing.

I am not saying that I am right, rather I question what I USED to believe in the light of the questionable scriptures that we tend to ignore and NOT include in our understanding of "end time" events.

If you and Waltern are right, then the matter is settled and there is really no reason to continue on posting. From those that are "right" it will only be attacks and accusations, from those that are sharing what they believe or unsure it will be a rational discussion and a place of learning.

I like learning, don't you. :-)

2009/9/26 17:52

Re:

Quote:
In my humble and yet accurate assessment most of the opinions here are just that...... opinions. If you really want to know it all just wait about 100 years.

Ah yes, always in the unknown future. We always say that, but when were all dead there will be no one here to say, "aha, I told you so" we have to make sure that no one is alive to prove us wrong. In 100 years from now things will continue on as they are now. Yes, I am aware of what Peter said about scoffers saying that, however, those scoffers have come and are long gone.

Has anyone ever told God that He is a liar? That is what we do when we put the prophecies that were foretold off into our future. Since we are looking for some "natural" manifestation of judgement to befall the world, we are judging God to be wrong. Because God said that He wasn't going to allow His prophetic word to prolong, but He would do it quickly. Because we don't understand, we charge God with folly. Has anyone ever considered that?

I know it's a shock to believers everywhere to hear anyone say that "Jesus has come back". Remember Elijah who told the woman who was barren she was going to have a child, her response was, "don't lie to me man of God". That information was shocking, she couldn't take it all in.

KNOW what you believe, not what you have been told by man or even what a translation has said, hear what the Holy Spirit is saying, don't even listen to me. Listen to Jesus.

Why is this important to me. Why is it important for me to tell you? Because Hope deferred maketh the heart sick. Why hope in a lie? Why waste time studying something that is not there?

2009/9/26 18:30

Re:

Quote:
On this matter of Christ's second coming, the Bible is very clear: it will happen in such a manner that everyone will know that Christ has come; all nations will recognize this and mourn; there will be no doubt whatsoever in everyone's mind because it will be resound across the skies and throughout the earth.

Now consider what you said in the light of what Jesus said.
Quote:
"For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man

Now if all the tribes of the earth are mourning because they see the Son man coming, how will they have time to see Him?

Have you ever seen lightening in slow motion? It's a flash of light and that is it. It's so quick, like the twinkling of an eye.

2009/9/26 18:41

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy