SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : an English, Reformed Church in Tokyo Japan or bible study group

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChibiM

an English, Reformed Church in Tokyo Japan or bible study group

Hi everyone,
This is my very first post here on Sermonindex.
First of all, I will introduce myself.
I`m Marco, Dutch, and living in Tokyo Japan.

(I don`t think there is any other topic related to this... and There is no Search engine on this website, which makes it difficult to search the forum....
(so please make a useful search engine for this website, which makes it much more easily accessible)

I`m now visiting a Japanese church. But my Japanese is still very bad, so I would like to visit an English church service once a while.
I haven`t found any English service in the Tokyo Area somewhere between Shibuya, Ueno, and Tokyo
(I live about 10 minutes east from Tokyo Station by subway.)
Except some which I don`t really like to visit. Cos of their theological view.. or missing of a theological view.
Is there any good, biblical, evangelic/ reformed church in the area mentioned above?

Or are there any people on this forum, who are currently living in Tokyo, and who are having a bible study group?

If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know

2009/8/30 3:39Profile
anonymity

Re: an English, Reformed Church in Tokyo Japan or bible study group

http://www.gcfjapan.com/

http://gracejapan.com/

Hey brother, from what I understand this is a pretty Biblical Church. I have talked to the guy a little and know a few people that he does. He's a missionary from the US. I also know the non denomination that he is affiliated with to some degree which is pretty solid. They also do a lot of good works on a high level to the people.

If this doesn't work out for you I might know some other people in Japan that I can talk to who have some things going on there.

2009/8/30 18:49Profile
ChibiM

Re:

Hi, thanks for your reply,
unfortunately this church is too far, about 1hour 45minutes by train.....

I`m searching one more central, between say: ikebukuro, Ueno, Tokyo, Shibuya .. if you make this
The closer to Tokyo station, the better.

2009/8/30 21:06Profile
anonymity

Re:

I talked to the pastor and he told me about these Churches. Don't know if its good enough, but it was the best I could come up with. May the Lord provide for you.

New Hope Tokyo www.newhope.jp/

Jesus LifeHouse www.jesuslifehouse.com/eng/

2009/8/31 3:42Profile
ChibiM

Re:

Hi, thanks for your reply again.
I know the Jesuslifehouse, but I`m not really interested in that church....
Not reformed evangelical teaching.

looks like it`s difficult to find a biblical church in Tokyo 8-)

2009/8/31 20:49Profile
roaringlamb

Santa Cruz California

I have no idea where this would be in location to you, but I do know that Michael Oh has a Bible study/ Church plant in connection to the seminary.

Here's the link for the Seminary-
[url=http://www.cbijapan.org/fonts/aboutsem/leadership.htm]CBI Japan[/url]

He spoke at the desiring God conference last year on fasting and it was very good.

2009/8/31 23:19Profile
ChibiM

Re:

Hello,

thanks for your message,
I will take a look into that.....

Thanks!!

2009/9/6 4:00Profile
cwhlin

Re: Did you find a church in Tokyo

Did you find a good church in Tokyo? Please share the information if possible. Thank you.

2010/10/12 22:32Profile
iansmith

Wheaton, IL

I spent six months as a missionary in Japan a couple years ago. One of the churches that had a good reputation among expats is Tokyo Baptist Church which meets in Shibuya (http://www.tokyobaptist.org/)

Jesus Life House is another place you might check out (it has already been mentioned)... it is a Hill Songs church plant, so they have a more charismatic praise/worship centered service which has actually been very successful in reaching Japanese young people--although there might not be the depth you might expect there to be coming from a Dutch Reformed tradition.

You might want to go and inquire about different English language churches at the Ochanomizu Christian Center (OCC). It is a multi-story building that houses the Japanese offices of many different ministries. This is a very important place for Christians in Tokyo and has the best Christian book store that I know of in Tokyo (a Christian Literature Crusade bookstore). They also have one of the Jesus Life House meetings at OCC, so you could kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

2010/10/12 23:16Profile

Re:

*Edit*

2010/10/12 23:26

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy