SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Sola Scriptura is logically untenable

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
PosterThread
ChrisJD

Philadelphia PA

Re:

Friends, may I say something else also,

Do not be troubled or moved by any man's testimony of himself. No man's testimony of himself is anything(John 5:31).

2009/8/24 22:32Profile

Re: twayne

you asked of me:

Quote:
Just a question (of mine) to provoke thought in a direction that perhaps has not been taken yet. If scripture is not the final authority, then what is? Something has to be the final authority or there is no such thing as authority at all

I pray God you are not confusing me with this hell bound romanist. I believe and the Holy Ghost that lives in me agrees with this Truth, that all Scripture, our Holy Bible is God breathed, inerrant and infallible, usefull for teaching reproving and correction.

I dont know if aNY of you have noticed but this confused soul NEVER once mentions the Tanakh, the Old Testament, as if it didnt exist. The Old Testament repeatedly testifies and prophesies the Coming of the Messiah, there are even theophanies, where Jesus makes appearances within the Old Testament, yet romanist never mentions these once in his prepapared hand grenades.

this is a very very strange thread, and what I find most unsettling about it all, is that the moderators seem to have fallen asleep on the job. Come on brothers! I relish freedom in Christ, and secular freedom of speech, but what this man is doing is outlining very precisely rome's ecclesiastical bondage, and their satanic arrogance, and yet you bid welcome to this minion of popery?

Yes and amen God can do anything, but this man is a hard core follower of rome,. lock this thread for the sake of Jesus, please.

2009/8/24 22:34
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

‘Dignity and Duties of the Priest or Selva’. (A collection of Materials for Ecclesiastical Retreats. Rule of Life and Spiritual Rules) by St. Alphonsus de Liguori.

Just how high Alphonsus is reckoned in the scale of precedence of Roman saints can be seen from the 'Notice' which appears in the preface to the volume. It concludes with this eulogy ‘LIVE JESUS, MARY, JOSEPH AND ALPHONSUS!’

JESUS DIED TO INSTITUTE THE ROMAN PRIESTHOOD

“Jesus has died to institute the priesthood. It was not necessary for the Redeemer to die in order to save the world; a drop of his blood, a single tear, or prayer, was sufficient to procure salvation for all; for such a prayer, being of infinite value, should be sufficient to save not one but a thousand worlds. But to Institute the priesthood, the death of Jesus Christ has been necessary. Had he not died, where should we find the victim that the priests of the New Law now offer? a victim altogether holy and immaculate, capable of giving to God an honour worthy of God. As had been already said, all the lives of men and angels are not capable of giving to God an infinite honour like that which a priest offers to him by a Single Mass.”

The above statement is a hideous blasphemy. ‘Christ died for the ungodly.’

‘God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets’.

‘Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom He hath appointed heir of all things by whom also He made the worlds. Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high.’

‘But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God.’ The purpose of the Blood‑shedding on the Cross was not to institute the massing priesthood of Rome but to purchase the redemption of the people of God.

Any system which holds such an unscriptural view of the Work of the Cross as Rome does is plainly not a Christian system at all but is part of the system of Satan and Antichrist.

THE ROMAN PRIEST GREATER THAN GOD

“Thus the priest may, in a certain manner, be called the creator of his Creator, since by saying the words of the consecration, he creates, as it were, Jesus in the sacrament, by giving him a sacramental existence, and produces him as a victim to be offered to the eternal Father. As in creating the world it was sufficient for God to have said, Let it be made, and it was created. He spoke, and they were made, so it is sufficient for the priest to say, ‘Hoc est cnim corpus meum,’ and behold the bread is no longer bread, but the body of Jesus Christ. ‘The power of the priest,’ says St Bernardine of Sienna, ‘is the power of the divine person; for the transubstantiation of the bread requires as much power as the creation of the world’.”

“With regard to the mystical body of Christ, that is, all the faithful, the priest has the power of the keys, or the power of delivering sinners from hell, of making them worthy of paradise, and of changing them from the slaves of Satan into the children of God. And God himself is obliged to abide by the judgment of his priests, and either not to pardon or to pardon, according as they refuse or give absolution, provided the penitent is capable of it.”

The practice of the Roman priesthood submerged the universal priesthood of all believers and the only real and active assertion of the believer is priesthood in the world today is in Biblical Protestantism.

The Reformation purged out the pagan priesthood and banished the title “priest” as the name of the Christian minister of the Word of God.

Well may we ask, what is the real nature of the universial priesthood of all believers? We as Bible believing Protestants do not reject the priesthood. That is something which is inherent to the entire church of all believers. We are a nation of priests – a royal priesthood.

The Church, the whole church, is a priesthood. The Church has not got a priesthood but is a priesthood.

While acknowledging the priesthood of all believers Rome goes on to virtually destroy the New Testament priesthood and to elevate its conceptions of its own pagan priesthood.

The Council of Trent is specific and plain, I quote:-

‘The outward priesthood belongs not to all the faithful, but only to certain men, who are instituted and consecrated by the imposition of hands and the due rites of the Church to a specially sacred ministry. And the power of this outward priesthood is the power of offering to God the great sacrifice of the Church for the living and the dead – the Mass.’

While acknowledging the priesthood of all believers Trent exalts far above it her own unscriptural pagan priestly cult and what is more, empties the universal priesthood of all belief as the result of the pretended magic of baptismal regeneration.

Trent teaches plainly that the priesthood of all believers is not theirs by virtue of their faith but in virtue of their baptism, so that the inward priesthood is wholly dependent on the pagan priests of Mother Church.

Moreover it is not necessary, for the power of the outward priesthood should have the grace of the inward. The outward priest has all the power of the priest no matter how filthy he may be in his everyday living, because his priesthood rests not in his personal faith and holiness but on his appointment.

He does not need to be the truly regenerated man, he only requires to be the Church created priest.

Power and sanctity are not joined. They may be entirely divorced but the man is still a priest because his priesthood is not attainment but appointment.

The Roman priest may be as filthy as sin but that does in no way hold against the validity of his priestly powers. He can live in sin but his powers are unchallenged and unchallengable.

Roman Catholicism makes the assent of the Church an instutution instead of the Gospel. It believes in a church rite rather in Christ’s faith.

‘The two priesthoods have, in fact, nothing in common except the name. They are not an essential and spiritual connection. The cleric is above the Church; he becomes the Church; he is described as a God. He draws his official power directly from God. His is the sole medium of grace for believers, who become and remain such only through the sacraments in his hands. And yet he need not be a personally holy man.’

Bible Protestantism is in clear antagonism to Roman pagan sin- practising priests.

The individual believers have no mediaterial place, Christ is the only mediator between God and man.

Luther declared a simple truth when he said:-

‘We take our stand on this. There is no other Word of God than that whose publication is enjoined on all Christians’

The temper of the hour in which we live is to a large extent pagan priestliness. It longs for the material, that which is seen in its worship. It has rejected the teaching of Christ. ‘He that worships Him (the Father) must worhsip Him in spirit and in truth’. No wonder the Reformers rejected the worshp of Rome. The penitents in the worship of today dress up. The penitents in the Bible rent their clothes.

We hear a lot about cultured Protestantism today. Cultured Protestantism is Protestantism without the Gospel!

There are those today who are more content to be in a cultured Church than in a true Church. They respond to the amenities of a cultured society better than to the vigour of the Christian faith.

‘The real roots of the Roman reaction lie in the unrealised Romanism of Protestants. And the Protestant root of a mass priesthood is the idea so dear to the English mind, so central to a rational broad Churchism in every Church, and so plausible as the ethical movement – the idea that the best action or conduct is contributory to salvation instead of produced by it. This is the Pelagian and Synergistic (man helping God to save himself), faith of medieval Catholicism reappearing in the circles of humanist Protestantism. Nothing is in more distinct contrast with the Protestant doctrine of justification by faith alone, nor in contrast more fatal. To adopt it is in principle to renounce the Reformation, whether it be done on agnostic or on Catholic lines. The Reformation had to break away for its life both from the Catholics and from the humanists.

‘It was not mere sacramental works that the Reformers denied to have saving value, but ethical no less. It was not the mere ritual of worship that Paul fought when he led Luther’s way, but that of conduct as well. Man can contribute nothing to his own salvation. “Work out your own salvation, for it is God that worketh in you.” Yes, but God the Redeemer. What works in you is the redemption which you have already apprehended by faith alone. The words were spoken not to the natural conscience but to the redeemed. Any form of Synergism (man’s ability to help God in saving him) is fatal to justification by grace alone, which is the base of the true Protestant priesthood of all believers’.

Christianity is a religion and a faith before it is an ethic. It is ethical because of its faith in the supreme and all-inclusive ethical act of God in the Redeemer.’

There is much we must learn and there is much we must forget.

To be taught of God is to unlearn much and to grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

What must I do to be saved?

Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved. Acts 16:31.

By Ian Paisley

2009/8/24 22:54Profile

a "discussion"?

Quote:
I would hate to think that any of you wanted to shut this down because you weren't up to the discussion.

This is no "discussion", this is you, a romanist, coming onto a Full Gospel Bible believing website, who's main purpose is to catalogue sermons from Protestant preachers and revivalists and attempting to totally refute every tenet of this Most Holy Faith with your foul lies and romanizing ways.

You make no reference to the Tanakh that the Lord Jesus and all the disciples read from, thats just for starters, I will not bandy words with a roman trojan horse that is being used of satan to sow confusion and dissent on this dear forum. I'm a Jew, raised in the synagogue, taught in the ways of the Hebrew, Messiah Jesus took mercy upon me, and opened the eyes of my heart, and before that I know all about the roman institution, and their crusaders, murders, whose cry would be "KIll a JEW FOR JESUS!! I know all about your papa who would hug up with hitler, in exchange for stolen goods from the people of my flesh.

and even when you write:
Quote:
I'm having a great time here with you all.

.....all I can see is a cat batting a ball of yarn across the living room .

But GLORY TO GOD!!! Its appears you are fooling very few of the saints around here.

2009/8/24 23:14

Re: a "discussion"?

Quote:
coming onto a Full Gospel Bible believing website

The fullness of the faith is only found in the ancient Orthodox Catholic church. Though we do allow that you do have part of it. (i.e. the Trinity, the deity of Christ, etc.)

Quote:
You make no reference to the Tanakh that the Lord Jesus and all the disciples read from

Have you ever wondered why the Catholic liturgy is based upon the pattern of the synagogue and Jewish meal? I double dog dare you to find the nearest Maronite or Syrian Orthodox church near you. You'll recognize a lot.

Yet you deny Jesus' his role of High Priest who continually offers sacrifice to God the father on our behalf. Not to mention the priests whom He ordained to minister with Him the eternal sacrifice of His resurrected body and blood.

Actually your Masoretic Tanakh is the product of the 8th to 10th century AD. Any non-Catholic or non-Protestant encyclopedic source would bear this as the truth.

Quote:
I'm a Jew, raised in the synagogue, taught in the ways of the Hebrew, Messiah Jesus took mercy upon me

Quote:
crusaders, murders, whose cry would be "KIll a JEW FOR JESUS!!

This has never been the teaching of the Church Universal. You cannot use the existence of tares in the Master's field to discredit the wheat. Rather you prove that what exists in His field is exactly what He said would exist.

I bear you no animosity. In fact, I would to God that you see your blasphemy and repent as I did. For, like me, I think you are probably doing it in ignorance and in unbelief. May God have mercy on your soul as He did on mine.

Please know that I love your soul. It has more worth to God than you or I could possibly know.

Quote:
I know all about your papa who would hug up with hitler, in exchange for stolen goods from the people of my flesh.

I guess this Jew would take issue with your statement:

http://www.catholicleague.org/pius/dalinframe.htm

2009/8/24 23:35

no cut and paste?

word for word.

[url=http://www.catholic.com/library/Scripture_and_Tradition.asp]roman swill catholic pasted up[/url]

2009/8/24 23:46

Re: no cut and paste?

Quote:
word for word. roman swill catholic pasted up

Um...I said that I took this from Catholic.com.

But thanks for giving everybody the link. I think that is quite helpful. I never took you for a Catholic apologist. You're doing the Lord's work here.

Bless you.

2009/8/24 23:58
savannah

Re: apostasia

From God through Paul to Christ's little flock,

Gal 1:6-9 I wonder that you are so quickly turning back from the One having called you by the grace of Christ to another gospel, which is not another; only there are some troubling you, even determined to pervert the gospel of Christ. But even if we, or an angel out of Heaven, should preach a gospel to you beside the gospel we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, and now I say again, If anyone preaches a gospel beside what you received, let him be accursed.

2 Cor 11:1-4 I earnestly wish ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.
For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Would to God that such a Word not be spoken unto us as was spoken to some long ago as an example to us (Rev. 2:20). May we not allow/tolerate one to teach us who is self-condemned and whose intentions are to seduce and lead astray Christ's servants.

Re-read some of Catholic's posts. Flattering lips are dripping with the poisonous saliva of the subtle serpent.

BE NOT DECEIVED LITTLE FLOCK!!!

What has posessed some here to do as Eve did in the garden I know not!

REPENT & TURN AWAY FROM THIS STRANGER!

Greet not this impostor nor welcome this deceiver!

May the men of God here rise up and stand against this one with words of sharp rebuke!

May there be no effeminacy, but strength like that of David who stood against the enemy of Israel, Goliath.

For the LOVE of Christ,His Kingdom,His Truth & His Gospel...

Stand ye therefore,

His friend & yours

May we receive such a report as this,

Rev 2:2,3 I know thy works, and thy labor, and thy patience, and that thou canst not bear them who are evil; and thou hast tried them who say they are apostles, and are not; and hast found them liars: And hast borne, and hast patience, and for my name's sake hast labored, and hast not fainted.

The following link may apply somewhat and speak to some here:

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/articles/index.php?view=article&aid=697

2009/8/24 23:59Profile

Re: a "discussion"?

Quote:
attempting to totally refute every tenet of this Most Holy Faith with your foul lies and romanizing ways.

One more thing. You referred to all of your beliefs as "this Most Holy Faith". He he he. That tickles my funny bone. He he he. LOL

You all DISAGREE WITH EACH OTHER!!!

How can you call something so varied, "this Most Holy Faith?"

You should have said "THESE Most Holy Faiths"

...if you wanted to be accurate.

Sincere thanks for a great chuckle. (Nothing snide intended - that was real cute) he he

2009/8/25 0:06
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Catholic where is Jesus in your life?

2009/8/25 0:07Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy