Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Antinomianism - Ancient Heresy

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Christinyou

Ca.

Re:

God has declared the penalty for sin, "surly you will die. The price and penalty for sin, The Cross, He died in our place. In Christ the price was paid for those that believe it. If I died with Christ and yet I live, what died? The spirit of darkness and death, the spirit of Satan who was my life, I surly was dead, Body, future, Soul, present and spirit, which is also present.
I believe what God says; Galatians 2:20-21 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

It is no longer I who live unto God, but Christ who lives in me. The Spirit of Christ can never sin. That is the true birthing, another person in me, that makes me free from sin. The scripture you quoted, "If any man sin" is not the Christ in me sinning for His Seed remaineth in me and He cannot sin. I can sin and have, or else I make God a liar. That is the "any man" sin of the flesh, It is not the Christ in me. I am free from sin in Spirit for my spirit is now the Spirit of Christ. I am learning to be free from sin in my soul, mind, will and intellect, because we now have the mind of Christ and are renewing it to His mind which cannot sin. The Body is yet to become sinless, on resurrection day. Then we will be complete, son's of God, just as Jesus is the only Begotten Son, so will we be by the Birth of Christ in us.

This, "if any man sin" is where the advocate comes in, and the Holy Spirit conviction of sin, and our forgiveness in confession, in which God says He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin. Why? The price was paid. "It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me", He cannot die and His Seed remaineth in me.

A man can sin, he does not have to but if he does then we have an Advocate with the Father and confession frees us from sins of the flesh and God cleanses us and forgives us and works in cleansing us from all unrighteousness.

That is how John can say in the same epistle;
1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Flesh can sin, Spirit cannot.

Sin is never free, we pay the price even in this flesh, in this flesh we will die if we don't confess, but in spirit we are still saved to the utmost, confess so we can be cleansed from all unrighteousness by God's promise and His price being exacted upon Jesus Christ. The full price.

2009/8/18 12:03Profile
Koheleth

NC

Re:

[i]Just had to repeat this excellent leading paragraph from the 3rd post in this thread by hmmhmm. I am also adding it to my treasure chest of quotations. A great brief commentary on the cross.[/i]

Somebody suggested that the cross of Christ should not inconvenience people. Well, it is the most inconvenient thing in the world, this cross of Christ! It took a man by the name of Jesus in the height of his healthy human life and took Him out on a hillside and killed Him there - now, that's an inconvenient thing for Him! And any cross is inconvenient; it's a most inconvenient thing, this accepting Christ, if we know what we mean by it. But the accepting Christ of popular theology has no inconvenience attached to it.

--A. W. Tozer

2009/8/19 16:55Profile
elharris

Re:

1 John 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever [b]doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.[/b]

Notice John said you had to DO two things. DO RIGHTEOUSNESS, AND LOVE YOUR BROTHER.

1 John 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1 John 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? [b]Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.[/b]

If you do what is right and good, those who do not do what is right and good will most often hate you. Many Christians walk in hate towards other Christians, because they are not of God, they are of the devil. You cannot be of God, if you are not OF God’s son. Are they still in effect children of God? Yes but not legitimate children, Hebrews states they are bastards. Bastards have no legal right to the inheritance. You cannot be of God’s legitimate sons, those who will inherit eternal life and all that goes with it, unless you continue in his teachings and his words abide in you.

1 John 3:13 Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you.

14 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. [b]He that loveth not his brother abideth in death.[/b]

If doesn’t matter if you are a Christian or not, if you do not love your brother. Jesus teaches us specifically what love is and how to love our brothers in Christ, and our enemies.

Marvel not brethren if CHRISTIANS hate you! That is the warning for today. For Christianity has not only adopted all the worlds, but many of them never left them to begin with.

1 John 3:15 Whosoever hateth (loves less, has active ill will or even slights) his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding (remaining) in him.

Yes all those who believe on Christ are “sealed” with that holy spirit of promise unto, or until the day of redemption. But on judgment day, the seal will be broken, and Christ will reveal what is really inside the container. Will it really have been cleansed by obedience to the pure words of Christ? Or will it be full of a dead man’s bones and all uncleanness and iniquity? What spirit, what WORDS will he find in your heart, for he has declared that you will be judged by the Words he spoke.

John 12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

One of the things the false gospel dose is redefine what words originally meant and or represented. One such word is the word “spirit”. The spirit we are to walk by is the spirit of the words and teachings of Jesus Christ, now written in the gospels. There is only “no condemnation” to those who walk after the spirit, the WORDS of Jesus Christ. And there is only no judgment to those who judge themselves first, and then bring their words, thoughts and deeds into agreement with Christ 1 Cor 12:31.

Does that mean the second you sin, or commit a tresspass against a brother you loose your salvation and have to be saved again. NO, it means that you just eventually better repent and forsake that sin, and get right with the Lord again. Weather or not you loose or keep your salvation, will depend on what happens the day you stand before the Lord, to be judged for the deeds you did in this body.

Jesus told Peter that if his brother sinned 70X7 times a day and turned and repented, that he was to forgive him. If there is one thing Jesus does, it's his own word, so he will not do any less for you and I. It's not easy to over come and get rid of some of the sin habits you have. But if you continue in his words, being washed by the pure water of those words, they will empower you to overcome sin.

Sins are strongholds in our minds, that are developed though words and emotions, called “lusts of the flesh”. There is no sin that dose not have words of some kind behind it. We are commanded to cast down every thought and imagination, that exalts itself, against what Christ taught was true and right, and bring every thought captive to him. 2 Cor 10:5. In this way, our minds and natures are renewed to be like him, his word remains in us and we change from the inside out, eventually we cannot do the same sin.

Through the power of his word, his gospel, you can cleanse and purify yourself. You can get to the point where not only do you not do that sin anymore, but it's just impossible for you to do it. You might say, it’s just not in your “nature” anymore. That is not to say, that you cannot go back to it if you want to, but that’s just it, the words of Christ eventually take your “want to”, and compulsion away.

John continues:

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: [b]and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.[/b]

Most Christians can't even lay down a bad attitude, let along their life.

1 John 3:17 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

Christians are more than willing to give all kinds of money to the Church and for missions, and be "partners" et. But not when it comes to the real needs of the guy sitting next to them on the pew.

John continues:
1 John3:18 My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; [b]but in deed and in truth. [/b]And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

If you do not walk in the deeds (works) and truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, which IS to walk in the Spirit, and to be IN Christ, your heart will condemn you. He who searches the hearts and minds knows what is truly in your heart.

1 John 3:20 For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

1 John 3:21 Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

1 John 3:22 [b]And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.[/b]

Is anyone out there at this time, truly getting whatsoever they ask of God? I’d say we might have a ways to go, to recover the truth that was stolen from us, starting in the first century.

1 John 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, [b]as he gave us commandment.

To believe on the name, is to believe in all he did and taught. And he taught that you should abide in his words, and keep his commandments.

1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him[/b], and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit (word) which he hath given us.

This is the truth. How many commentaries, and Systemized Theologies do you have to read? All that does is take away the time, you should be following Christ around in the Gospels, reading and hearing what HE says.

1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit (word and teaching), but try the spirits (words and teachings) whether they are of God: because many false prophets (men claiming to speak for God) are gone out into the world.

When John wrote this letter it did not have chapters and verses. You cannot read the next few statements without taking this statement here in 4:1 into their context to explain them.

1 John 3:24 And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him[/b], and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit (word) which he hath given us. Beloved, believe not every spirit (word and teaching), but try the spirits (words and teachings) whether they are of God: because many false prophets (men claiming to speak for God) are gone out into the world.1 John 4:1

He’s already told you, that he that keeps his commandments dwells IN Him, and He IN him. Who’s “Him”? Him is Christ. Whosoever keeps his commandments dwells IN Christ, and Christ IN him. So anyone coming along claiming to speak and teach or prophecy in the name of Christ, that states anything different is a liar. He’s been saying this over and over.

How do you try a spirit in a person, or just one that flits through your head, while your studying the Word, trying to give you some bright idea? And don’t think that devil spirits, don’t come along when you are reading and try to give you a nice little revelation or two, to lead you down the garden path. You compare what any spirit says in any man, or even in you, by compairing it with the words and teachings of Christ. ALL OF THEM! Does it come along and say you don’t have to keep his commandments?

Why do you think these things are also called “doctrines of devils”, and that men would take heed to seducing spirits? Because when you are learning the scriptures, these spirits will often come along and try and give you some quaint little “understanding” on some piece of scripture. Then once a man accepts that, they lead you further away from the truth, while making you think it’s the holy spirit illuminating you.

This is not how it works. God gave Jesus the message, Jesus TAUGHT his disciples, He committed the gospel unto them through normal human means, through TEACHING. Then he sent them out to teach others the exact same things he had taught them. They in turn were to commit the same unto faithful men, who were able to teach others, and so it was to pass on down the line like that, NOT THROUGH A SPIRIT, OR SPIRITUAL REVLATION, certainly NOT from an angel! The REVELATION had already been given to Jesus Christ.

You read the stories about all of these so called “great men”, who started all these big denominations, or wrote these big theological works, and somewhere in the lives of all of them came a big “spiritual” EXPERIENCE, where they received some sort of “ILLUMINATION”, on one or two verses of scripture, that they then built a whole doctrine around. That is NOT the way it works. Devils and angels do not tell us the Word, we tell them the Word. God has committed unto US the Word of reconciliation, we are the stewards of the spoken word, that is now written down.

Satan comes as an angel or spirit of light, he falsely illuminates the understanding of men concerning righteousness, and what we have today is a false teaching of what it is to be righteous. You are righteous if you DO righteousness, and you are IN Christ if you KEEP his commandments. Any other teaching is of the wicked one, and is antichrist.

Already at the time John was writing this, [b]many antichrists had gone out from the body of Christ,[/b] they were the many false prophets that had gone out into the world.[b] How do you know, that a big percentage of what you have read and been taught in your life concerning the Bible, is not what started with these men? [/b]

Do you think that 2000 years down the line, that you are beyond being deceived, when the original body of Christ, itself, were not only being deceived, [b]but were the source of the deception.[/b] Men deceive themselves and then turn around and use good words and fair speeches to deceive others. If you remember one thing, remember this, seducing spirits, work by getting men to deceive themselves, when they do not take heed to ALL of the more sure word of prophecy, the scriptures. But they are sure adept at opening up the book and preaching a whole false sermon around partial verses of scripture.

How do we tell, weather we or someone else, is of God or the devil, is of Christ, or that antichrist? By comparing what we think, speak and do, with the WHOLE of what Christ taught. IF as John said, we are to purify ourselves even as he is pure, that must mean that even when we believe on Christ, there is still impureness in us. As we continue in his Word, we come to see this, and slowly change. I’m not saying it’s easy. On the contrary, it will be hard and excruciating at times. But isn’t that why they call the process of birth, labor?

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit (words and teaching) of God: Every spirit (word and teaching) that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1 John 4:3And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

What does it mean?

Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh [b]is of God:[/b]

And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh [b]is not of God:[/b]

What is it to confess that Jesus Christ is come [b]in the flesh?[/b]

First of all what kind of flesh did Jesus Christ come in?

Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son [b]in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:[/b] That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit (the commandments of Jesus Christ).

What is God saying? God is saying, “Hey my son gave up all his holier than thou, attributes, and came down here and was born in a sin tempted, fleshly human body, just like your’s. He proved that my Word WORKS! He had to learn just like you learn, and feel everything just like you feel, and with the guidance from my Word, and the gospel I revealed to him, he overcame sin and YOU CAN TOO, if you follow his teachings.

Jesus Christ came in the same exact flesh you and I are in. That is what enabled him to be tempted on all points like as we are. Every single thing man has EVER been tempted with, Jesus Christ, thought and felt. Difference being he chose to do the will of God. The will of God he had to do, was not just the Law of Moses, still in force at that time, but all that God was revealing to him in the gospel, which would replace that other law.

The teachings of Jesus Christ, are not exactly like the Law of Moses. Are there a few carryovers? Only one! “Love the Lord your God, with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and your neighbor as yourself. THAT’S IT! However it is in the commandments of Chrsit, his words and sayings, that we learn HOW to love God with all or our heart, our soul, our mind and our strength, and our neighbor as ourselves. Love works no harm, no ill, no damage to it’s neighbor, that is why love is the fulfilling the law of God, the law of Moses and the Law of Christ.

Jesus walked in love, Jesus walked in his own commandments, which God gave him as he walked on this earth. And it was walking by the spirit, which was walking by the commandments God gave him, that enabled him to perfectly fulfill the law, without going around quoting the ordinances of the law all the time in his teachings. Jesus did not teach the law of Moses, Jesus had a whole other teaching, which if believed and followed, would make one automatically obey and keep the law, and more, if a person would but learn and follow it.

The words and teachings of Jesus Christ, which God gave to him, have creative spiritual power. When those words come into your mind and heart and then out of your mouth, they empower you by the spirit, to walk as he walked, and do as he did. And though you may have started out in this world, in sin, and walking by the sins of the flesh, believing and walking by those teachings empowers you to overcome. Paul makes it very clear the kind of life he lived in the flesh.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: neverthless I live; yet not I, but Christ (his words, sayings and commandments) liveth in me: and the life which I now live [b]in the flesh[/b] I live by the faith (words, sayings, and commandments) of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

The life you live in the flesh is the life you profess or confess in your flesh, and it is composed of the words you believe, follow and practice. We live by the faith of the Son of God, who received those words, saying and commandments, while he was in sinful flesh. He heard these things from God, and DID THEM. Now we take those same teachings, and learn TO DO THEM, to walk in them, and the life we NOW live in the flesh, we live by doing as He did.

Do not think that the body Jesus lived in, that body of flesh was not sinful flesh. It was prone to every weakness and temptation as we are.

We can look at something Jesus said, that John wrote in his Gospel.

John 8:47 He that [b]is of God[/b] heareth God's words: ye therefore hear them not, because ye are [b]not of God[/b].

To “hear”, is a Hebrew idiom, meaning “To understand and obey”. To understand and obey the words, God gave to Jesus Christ, is to confess Jesus Christ came in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin. I hear people quite all this bologny, about how God cannot dwell with sin. God not only did dwell with sin, he dwelt in sin, and yet without sin.

If you do not believe and confess that God came totally in and remaining in the body of sinful flesh, yet without sin, your belief is of that antichrist, that rose from among the body of Christ, 2000 years ago.

If you believe that because you were born totally in and remain in a body of sinful flesh, and therefore cannot NOT help but sin, then you are believing that teachings that infested the first century Church.

Christ taught, that you to can do as he did, and that you in your flesh can overcome sin. To believe anything else is to be of that antichrist.

1 Cor 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which [b]is of God[/b]; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

How do we know the things that are feely given to us of God? By hearing God’s words, and understanding and obeying them.

Phil 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which [b]is of God[/b] by faith:

Well what was Christ’s faith? Isn’t it written down in the Gospels. Do not the gospels tell us what Christ did and believed? Isn’t what he said “God’s Words”? The term “faith” as used by Paul, did not simply mean “belief”, but the totality of what Jesus Christ taught. Just as the word “hear”, is a Hebrew idiom, meaning to understand and obey. So also the word faith, became a Christian idiom, used to represent the words, sayings, and commandments of Christ. That is the “faith”, by which we live and move and have our being.

The big mistake that people make when reading the Epistles, is to not realize that those letters were written to people who had ALREADY been taught the teachings of Jesus Christ.

What you write to someone you know, and who knows you, is a far cry different from what you write to someone who dose not know you, and who you do not know. When you write to someone who knows you and knows what you know, you do not have to re-explain everything in every sentence.

Every group develops words about which they speak, which shorten the message. These words are called idioms. Anything you may read in any of the epistles you have to go back to the teachings of Jesus Christ in the gospels to clarify and understand properly.

The false gospel, takes statements from Paul and the other writers of the epistles, and adds them up, to present a false picture of what those men taught, by not comparing them, and understanding them, in the context of what Christ taught in the gospels. That is how Paul, in popular teaching, winds up having his very own gospel.

Jesus his teachings and accomplishments, is the fulcrum between the law of Moses, and the Gospel of God, given to, and through Christ.

Instead of Paul saying, “…not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through, believing and obeying the teachings, sayings, words, and commandments of the Lord Jesus Christ”,

Paul used the word “faith” to represent everything Christ taught.

Everything Christ taught was THE FAITH. The word “faith”, or Greek Word [I]pistis[/b] became a Christian idiom. But the original understanding has been perverted from what it came to mean to them, to mean simply believing or a firm persuasion in only the “person” of Christ and what he did, not what he taught.

3 John 11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. [b]He that doeth good is of God[/b]: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

If you said you were in him or knew him and you practiced evil, you denied Christ had come in the flesh. You denied Christ had come in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, because YOU are in the likeness of sinful flesh, and you are saying you cannot do as he did, and overcome sin in the flesh.

Jesus went around doing good, and we’re supposed to follow him right? When you believe as he believed and DO as he did, and follow his teachings, you become like him, and then you are IN him.

Paul did not have his own righteousness, he had the righteousness of Christ, because he followed the words, commandments, sayings, and teachings of Jesus Christ. They were his by “faith”, by believing them and acting on them, and then seeing God work the change.

To reiterate and continue with the context of Johns letter:

1 John 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit (words and teaching) of God: Every spirit (word and teaching) that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the (likeness of sinful) flesh (and for sin) is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the (likeness of sinful) flesh (and for sin) is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

1 John 4:4 [b]Ye are[/b] of God, little children, and have overcome THEM (those antichrist teachings): because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world. (they did it, they knew it could be done)

1 John 4:5 [b]THEY (antichrist and their teachings) are[/b] of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them.

1 John 4:6[b] We are[/b] of God: he that knoweth God[b] heareth us;[/b] he that is not of God [b]heareth not us[/b]. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

The spirit of truth and the spirit of error, the spirit of Christ and the spirit of antichrist. The true gospel and the false gospel. The body of Christ, and the body of antichrist. The mystery of godliness and the mystery of iniquity. Both began in the first century.

1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

1 John 4:8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

HOW do we live through Him? By living according to the truth of his teachings.

1 John 4:9 Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:10 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

1 John 4:11 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

1 John 4:13 Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

1 John 4:15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

1 John 4:16 And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.

1 John 4:17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.

Literally as he is, so are you supposed to think and DO, in this world. Many people quote this partial verse of John today, as if it’s some sort of “promise”, and if they just say it and believe it, that makes it true. Like this: “As he is, so am I in this world.” WHEN, in reality they are NOTHING like him whatsoever, and do not even really know his teachings. The do not confess and agree with what he said, the do not do as he commanded.

1 John 4:18-20 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
We love him, because he first loved us.[b] If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?[/b]

1 John 5:1 And this [b]commandment[/b] have we from him, [b]That he who loveth God love his brother also.[/b] Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, [b]when we love God, and keep his commandments.[/b]

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, [b]that we keep his commandments:[/b] and his commandments are not grievous.

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

Part of that faith that overcomes the world, is to believe that we CAN keep his commandments. The false teaching, teaches you can’t keep his commandments. It does not believe that Jesus came in the likeness of sinful flesh and for sin, that he kept his fathers commandments, in the same flesh you and I are in. And that he left us certain commandments, that we are supposed to learn and keep in our sinful flesh.

The false teaching tells you, you cannot overcome the world and makes you confess a false confession, while you are walking just like the world, but saying “As he is so am I in this world”. It would be a good study to look up the word “say” and “confess”, to make the contrast between what those who believed the false gospel “say”, and what those who believe the true gospel “say”.

Regarding verses 7
The scripture translator Benjamin Wilson gives the following explanation for this action in his "Emphatic Diaglott." Mr. Wilson says:
"This text concerning the heavenly witness is not contained in any Greek manuscript which was written earlier than the fifteenth century. It is not cited by any of the ecclesiastical writers; not by any of early Latin fathers even when the subjects upon which they treated would naturally have lead them to appeal to it's authority. It is therefore evidently spurious."

1 John 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

1 John 5:6 This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. 1 John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one. 1 John 5:9 If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he hath testified of his
Son.

1 John 5:10 He that believeth on the Son of God hath the witness in himself:

What is the “witness”? the witness is the Word of God, first preached, then written. It is the words, sayings and commandments of Jesus Christ the son of God.

10b. He that believeth not God has made him a liar; because he believeth not the record (witness) that God gave of his Son.

Throughout the entire letter we see the contrast between the truth and the lie, the true gospel and the false gospel, the spirit of truth and the spirit or error, light and darkness, the Word and the World. Christ and antichrist.

1 John 5:11And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.
IN HIS TEACHINGS, IN HIS WORDS, WHICH ARE SPRIT AND ARE LIFE! This is what it meant to the people John was writing to, who knew the original truth.

1 John 5:12 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

To have the Son, mean that you confessed what the Son confessed, you agreed with EVERYTHING he taught. You kept his commandments, which are now written primarily in the gospels, with the Church epistles being understood in light of everything Jesus taught. Paul NEVER EVER taught you did not have to keep the words, sayings and commandments of Jesus Christ, as many teach today.

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.

John said THESE THINGS, meaning everything we have thus far read and discussed and he wrote from the start of the letter. THESE THINGS are what qualify you to be able to truly say that you believe on the name of the son of God. And THESE things, are what let you know if you have eternal life or not.

Again the “name”, represented all that person did and taught and believed.

The false antichrist gospel teaches you just believe on "the name", basically meaning only the name and who Jesus was, not in what he taught.

And now John gives one of the GREAT AND PRECIOUS PROMISES, that is available NOW, if you will believe in and do the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:14 And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us:

1 John 5:15 And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.

Now here is a promise. That if you keep his commandments, and walk as he walked, that you will have true confidence in Him. Faith is not just “believing”, faith is doing all that you have been commanded to do, just as Jesus taught in the parable of the unprofitable servants.

This is why today, you do not see Christians actually getting whatsoever they ask. They have been taught a false gospel that teaches them they do not have to keep the commandments of Jesus Christ. Not only do we have to keep his commandments, we have to be totally accurate in how we understand what he taught about God and himself, and his return, and the deception that was to take place. We must recover the “faith” that was once delivered unto the saints 2000 years ago.

1 John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

1 John 5:17 All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.

I do not think there are very many people alive today, that could commit the unforgivable sin. To do that you would have to absolutely know the original truth and then turn away from it, to make and love a lie, more than the truth.

The believers who were doing and teaching the very things John was warning about were the ones who could commit that sin unto eternal death. For it was as if they were taking and crucifying the son of God a new, by killing of the Christ (truth) in them, by denying his teachings, and turning to their own idolatrous ways. I know enough of Christianity today, to know, that at this time, very few if any even know the whole truth, and you cannot leave something you never had to begin with.

1 John 5:18 We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

He that is begotten of God, he that is truly born again, because he has been renewed in the spirit of his mind by the teachings and commandments of the Lord Jesus Christ, keeps HIMSELF, in those teachings. That is how he becomes strong, like those John was writing to, and overcomes the wicked one.

These people walked in great strength and power, because they knew all of this. And yet for all of this knowledge and understanding, many still turned away. They are like Judas, who knew Jesus personally, and was called the son of perdition. This type of believer is not one that is deceived, but one who has deceived himself AFTER having a knowledge of the truth. Remember that antichrist rose from among them and went out from the true believers, having at one time been true believers themselves.

1 John 5:19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.

1 John 5:20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding ( he gave THEM an understanding, there is no guarentee that you or I have that same understanding, but we should seek it.) [b]that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.[/b]

It is only by knowing him, by knowing his words and deeds, obeying him and keeping his commandments, that we are IN him. And only when we are IN him do we have eternal life “remaining” in us.

1 John 5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

All three letters were written for the same purpose, to warn of the antichrist arising from their midst. All three letters compare and contrast the true faith with the false antichrist faith. These were the many false teachers who brought in damnable heresies, denying the Lord that bought them.

Since that time, MANY have followed their destructive ways, INCLUDING MYSELF. For I began my Christian journey being fully indoctrinated into the theology that propounds a false gospel, and which is taught and believed in almost every denomination today. But slowly over time, God had mercy on me, due to my love of the truth, and brought me out of it, through many hours of reading and study.

I would suggest a further reading of 2nd and 3rd John for further conformation and study. God’s grace be with all who love the Lord Jesus Christ in truth.

Regards,
El harris

2009/8/25 19:50Profile
elharris

Re:

[b]Antinomianism - Ancient Heresy[/b]

I am well acquainted with this false teachings, and would like to show how the apostle John was warning of this very thing in his 3 epistles.

In the epistles of 1st , 2nd, and 3rd John, the apostle writes to people he knew well. The purpose of his first letter was as follows.

1John 2:6 26 [b] These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.[/b]

The Apostle John wrote 1st, 2nd and 3rd John because of a heresy, a false teaching that was arising and being spread from within the Churches. Yes that is right. Not a heresy, coming from the outside, but one arising from within.

While as we know, Paul battled those of the Circumcision endeavoring to come IN and add to the gospel, by adding the Law, another danger arose from within and among those who were originally established in the truth. This was not the teaching of the Law, but of what is called “Lawlessness”.

Interestingly enough this seduction got so prevalent, that the first century churches wound up turning away from John.

3 John 1:9 I wrote unto the church: but Diotrephes, who loveth to have the preeminence among them, receiveth us not. (3John 1:10) Wherefore, if I come, I will remember his deeds which he doeth, prating against us with malicious words: and not content therewith, neither doth he himself receive the brethren, and forbiddeth them that would, and casteth them out of the church.

John gives us an idea of what kind of false teaching he was battling in his next statement.

3John 1:11 Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. [b]He that DOETH GOOD is of God: but he that DOETH EVIL hath not seen God.[/b]

Again you must always remember when reading ANYTHING in this epistle, that it is written concerning “THOSE WHO SEDUCE YOU”.

John will clarify what he means by this throughout the epistle, making over 22 statements similar to this, which compare the truth with the lie, or heresy. and show the contrast.

1 John 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.

1 John 1:6 [b]If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not ([i]ou_poioumen, PRACTICE[/i]) the truth:[/b]

To walk in darkness is not just to sin, as in “oops I sinned”, but to PRACTICE sin.

John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

To walk in the light was to walk as he walked and do as he did, and believe what he believed, say what he said, which is now written primarily in the Gospels.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, [b]and the truth is not in us.[/b]

1 John 1:9 If we confess (also translated profess in other scriptures) our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned we make him a liar,[b] and his word is not in us.[/b]

The word “confess”, [i]homologeo[/i] means to speak the same language, to say the same things, to assent, accord, agree with another, hence to concede, admit, profess, confess WITH CHIRST, and agree with his Words, His Doctrine, His whole teaching. It is the type of confession that is made UNTO salvation, as used in Rom 10:9.

The false teaching led people to say they had not sinned, when they had sinned. The false teaching led people to disagree with Christ’s teachings, and form another teaching. The false teaching redefined what it was to “confess” your sin, and taught a false confession. The false teaching led people to deny the words of Jesus Christ, WHILE...and it is very important to remember this, it led people to deny the words of Jesus Christ, while at the SAME TIME also saying they were IN CHRIST. This is very important to remember.

1 John 2:1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not (may not sin). And if any man (should) sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: (1 John 2:2) And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

The false teaching would teach that he died for OUR SINS ONLY, and not for the sins of the whole world. The false teaching would deny, that WHOSOEVER WILLS may come.

Remember John wrote this letter for a specific purpose.

“These things I write unto you, that you sin not.”

“These things I write unto you, concerning them that seduce you.”

The purpose of the letter was to reveal, and express the difference between the truth, they had been previously taught, and the lies that were being spread from within and amongst them.

This same letter is often used today, by those who have inherited the same lie, using bits and pieces of what John said, to pervert and twist the gospel into the very lie he warned of. They did not develop this lie, it began back in the first century. But they came to Christ, unlearned, as all of us do, and were led into the lie, by those they trusted, and who also had been led, into the same lie, in the same manner.

The whole epistle, as well as his other two, and those by Peter, James and Jude, were written, to refute and warn those presently established in the original truth, of the lies then presently arising and coming in, to pervert the gospel they were originally taught.

A person today who believes the lie, which began back then, is fully persuaded, that it is what the Bible is really saying. These people, are for the most part not like those in the first century who started this lie. They did not first know the original truth, and then turn from it to the lie. They were seeking Christ, and were led into the lie, by others, who were led into the same lie. [b]It is an inherited lie.[/b] It is a lie, I inherited and was taught after I first came to Christ.

The purpose of this lie, this false teaching, was to lead God’s children into what is called presumptuous sin, Psalms 19:13, 2 Peter 2:10. In other words, Satan wanted to deceive God’s children into thinking they could purposely sin, habitually sin, simply confess it, do it again and again and again and get away with it. While at the same time, making them think they knew the truth. For scripture is used to make the lie, and so people who believe it, think they are believing the scripture.

1 John 2:3 [b]And hereby we do know that we know him, IF we keep his commandments.[/b]

The false teaching says, You cannot keep his commandments, you don’t have to keep his commandments, and he has no commandments, and any commandments he may have, are a law that you are not under. Yet you still know him. But every scripture used to propound this lie, has been seperated out of it's context. As well, every scripture that contradicts that lie, is avoided and not read.

But the truth said:
1 John 2:4 [b]He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.[/b]

I said I knew him for many years, and yet I did not keep his commandments. This was revealed to me over time and study. But I originally thought I absolutely knew the truth, and I loved God and the Bible. But John said, to keep his commandments, was to walk in the light as he was in the light, was to have his WORD, sayings and commandments of Jesus Christ, dwelling, abiding and remaining in you. I also quoted several of Johns statements in my belief of what was false, and what I thought was the truth. However it wouldn’t be these statements. But here we go thorugh word by word, line by line, [b]not just here a “little’ and there a “little”, as was used by those who convinced me of the lie, but we read the whole letter.[/b]

1 John 2:5 [b]But whoso keepeth his word,[/b] in him verily is the love of God perfected.

Again, this deceiving false teaching taught, that you did not, or even could not, “keep his Word”, and that you were still in the love of God and still perfect, in God‘s sight, because of what Christ did for you. Do you see the line of this thinking here?

1 John 2:6 [b]He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.[/b]

The false teaching said you could say you were IN Him (in Christ), say you were “as he is”, but did not have to walk as he walked.

1 John 2:7 Brethren, I write no new commandment unto you, but an old commandment which ye had from the beginning. [b]The old commandment is the word which ye have heard from the beginning.[/b]

The false teaching said these believers did not have to keep the word they were taught originally in the beginning. There was “new” revelation, a “new” understanding. today you might call it "progressive" revelation. I'll tell you why it's "progessive", it's progressive, because it will progress you right out of God's word and will, into a total lie.

1 John 2:8 Again, a new commandment I write unto you, which thing is true in him and in you: because the darkness is past, and the true light now shineth.

1 John 2:9 [b]He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now.[/b]

The Greek word [i] miseo[/i], to hate, usually implies active ill-will IN WORDS and conduct, or a persecuting spirit. It is the antithesis of agapeo, the love of God, and means [b]to LOVE LESS, NOT TO LOVE, TO SLIGHT.[/b] In my 28 years of being a Christian, I have seen a LOT of Christians who are very adept at hating other Christians, according to the definitions above. Yet they still think they are “in” Him.

1 John 2:10 [b]He that loveth his brother abideth in the light,[/b] and there is none occasion of stumbling in him.

1 John 2:11 [b]But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness,[/b] and knoweth not whither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Again you must remember what it means to hate your brother, and this kind of behavior is rampant in Christianity.

[i] miseo[/i], to hate, usually implies active ill-will IN WORDS and conduct, or a persecuting spirit. It is the antithesis of agapeo, the love of God, and means [b]to LOVE LESS, NOT TO LOVE, TO SLIGHT.[/b]

If you are doing this or have done it, I suggest you change your mind and repent, and bring forth the true love of Christ, that will make your repentance evident. If you do not love your brother you are walking in darkness, I suppose that is a nice way to say, you are working for the devil, and have been blinded by him.

The false teaching said you could say you were IN the light (in Christ), and hate your brother. Mind you, these false teachings will not always come right out and say that literally, but in not teacing the true gospel, the end result is the same thing.

1 John 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.

1 John 2:13 I write unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I write unto you, young men, because ye have overcome the wicked one. I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

When reading this letter we must be clear not only on why he was writing it, but on WHO he was writing to. The term “little children” refers to believers who had met the conditions of Matt 18:3, not new “babes” in Christ. This is further defined in how he addresses these same individuals, in his next statement.

1 John 2:13

I write unto you, fathers,
[b]because ye have known him that is from the beginning.[/b]
(Men who literally and personally knew Jesus Christ.)

I write unto you, young men,
[b]because ye have overcome the wicked one. [/b]
(Men who had received the gospel from John and these other men, and were strong mature believers.)

I write unto you, little children, because ye have known the Father.

He now states the same basic thing again, but he adds a statement, to what he said to the young men that clarifies exactly HOW they had overcome the wicked one.

1 John 2:14

I have written unto you, fathers,
because ye have known him that is from the beginning.

I have written unto you, young men, [b]because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.[/b]

The false teaching would teach that you could overcome the wicked one without his word (teachings) abiding in you. That basically it’s just a “done deal”, for you and you don’t have to actually DO anything.

It is the TEACHINGS of Jesus Christ, which is the Word of God, being confessed and agreed with, that has the power to turn one from darkness to light and from the power of Satan unto God.

As Jesus said “The WORDS I speak, THEY ARE SPIRIT, and they are life” john 6:63. Jesus constantly taught that you had to abide in his WORDS, teachings, sayings and commandments, and that in doing this you would abide IN Him, and he would then abide IN you. You cannot have Christ in you, unless you are IN Christ, that is, IN his Word, in his teachings, obeying his commandments as he taught them in the gospels.

HOW had they overcome the wicked one? Because they were strong, and the Word of God abided or REMAINED in them. That is the Word, the Gospel, that they heard from the beginning, had taken root in them, and they walked in the teachings and commandments of Christ. The rest of his letter will reveal this fact clearly.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: [b]but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.[/b]

The false teaching would allow you to say, that you did not have to do the will of God, as taught by Jesus Christ. But it would go even further and change the will of God into a lie, that you would believe and think was the truth, so that you would think and say you were doing the will of God.

1 John 2:18 Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, [b]even now are there many antichrists;[/b] whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:19 [b]They went out from us,[/b] but [b]they[/b] were not of us; for if [b]they[/b] had been of us, [b]they[/b] would no doubt have continued with us: but [b]they[/b] went out, that [b]they[/b] might be made manifest that[b] they[/b] were not all of us.[/b]

John calls the antichrist “THEY”, seven times in one verse.
We should look at what John said about THEM, and compare it to something very similar mentioned by Paul in 1st Corinthians.

Now read what Paul said to the Corinthians regarding the same thing.

1 Cor 11:17 Now in this that I declare unto you I praise you not, that ye come together not for the better, but for the worse.

1 Cor 11:18 For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.

1 Cor 11:19 [b]For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may BE MADE MANIFEST among you.[/b]

Antichrist would not invade from without, but arise from within the body of Christ.

1 John 2:19 [b]They went out from us,[/b] but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: [b]but they went out, that they might BE MADE MANIFEST that they were not all of us.[/b]

It was foretold, that out of the midst of the one body of Christ, would, and then did emerged that antichrist. Even before the end of the apostle Johns life, there was no longer ONE BODY of Christ, but TWO bodies claiming to be the body of Christ. One body that remained in the original teachings of Christ, one created a perversion of those teachings. TWO different gospels. One body of the spirit of truth, and one body of the spirit of error.

Those who left the original truth, and devised a lie, were at one time true faithful, believers. Anti-nomianism this Ancient Heresie, was produced by and out of them, and was passed down through the centuries, in various forms to our time.

True beleivers are made manifest or evident TO GOD, by being workmen who need not be ashamed rightly dividing the Word of truth, the gospel of Jesus Christ. False believers are also made manifest by the heresies and false teachings they believe or come up with, that are contrary to the truth. This is how the wheat and the tares will finally be made manifest.

Please let me say, that I do not believe the fullness of the prophecy, that antichrist has or will come, was totally fulfilled in the first century. As a counterfit to Christ, who said he would build his Church, antichrist also will build his Church. As that antichrist arose and came out from among them in the first century, so also must the true body of Christ, arise and come out from among them, in these last centuries.

1 John 1:20 But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.

WHO has an nction? Is it you, is it me? Is this just some promise we can memorize and quote? No! WHO had the unction? Those specific individuals that John was writing this letter to. Remember that John was writing to people who had been previously been taught the truth, by him and other apostles. These were mature believers, not unlearned babes, neophites and novices. It was the teaching they had received from the apostles. It is that teaching which was the “UNCTION”, these men had received. This teaching taught them, just as the same written teaching can teach us today.

And again he states why he's writing to them.

1 John 2:21 [b]I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.[/b]

This does not apply to you or I unless we know and hold the EXACT SAME TRUTH, John and those he was writing to held.

John says that this letter is not written to people who do NOT know the truth. Rather it’s written to people who absolutely knew the original truth. You or I will never properly understand and rightly divide this letter, unless we come to understand what these men understood, and have a knowledge of the original truth they had. He continues by saying:

Just because you have been reading scrpture for a long time, or think you are mature and know the truth, does not mean, the truth you think you know, is the same truth these men held. Though you may think it is. If you do not agree with every single statement made in the whole letter, you do not hold the same truth these men held. You may think you agree, but have never really read what he said in context.

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1 John 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

He then clarifies what it means to “deny that Jesus is the Christ“, to “deny the son”.

1John 2:24 [b]Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning. If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father.[/b] And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

They knew the truth, and they were to keep that same truth, exactly as they’d been taught it. If they kept it, they would continue in the son, if they received a false teaching, they would not continue in the son. Thus to hold any other teaching, than that which THEY (not necessarily us), were taught originally, to add to it or take away from it, would be DENY that Jesus is the Christ.

2000 years of deceit down the road, neither you or I necessarily are established in the same exact truth they were. It could be that the truth, we were originally indoctrinated into, could be whole or in part, the very lie, they were told to avoid. Or to put it another way…”the false teachings they were told to DENY”. See you either deny that false teaching or you deny Christ.

None of us knew diddley, when we got into this. We have all accepted good words and logical sounding fair speeches, that many or may not be the truth. These folks, were absolutely IN Christ, because they were IN the truth. That does not mean we are. I am perfectly capable of realizing and acknowledging that somewhere in my thinking and belief I may not hold to the truth, are you? Just because a man can “preach”, and has all the right credentials, does not mean it’s the truth.

What was the benefit to remaining in, and walking in the original understanding of the teachings of Jesus Christ? The promise for doing so was, Eternal Life. And the whole purpose for John’s writing to people he KNEW were in the original understanding of the teachings of Christ, were as he next states:

1 John 2:26 [b]These things have I written unto you concerning them that seduce you.[/b]

Everything he is writing, he is writing to people who already knew the truth, and is for the purpose of warning them, and exposing the false antichrist gospel, being spread by their brethren.

1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

He’s NOT saying we don’t learn from man, or other men. He’s specifically referring to THEM who were trying to seduce these people into a perverted understanding of the teachings of Jesus Christ. He’s saying, “You don’t need some one of these guys, to come in and teach YOU, you were taught the truth from the beginning.“ That is the whole point of what he’s saying, these guys were going around trying to teach others, their deceptions.

Over the years in talking and witnessing to people, I have had believers who did not know truly squat about the Bible, and didn’t want to know, quote this verse to me. There religion is “private” and not shared with others, no one can teach them, because they think this statement John made is some sort of PROMISE, they received when they believed. So they go around repeating it to themselves and quoting it, as if they can name it and claim it and it is a present reality in their lives. This verse and the other one, “as he is so am I in this world”, they think are intrinsic promises, received at the second they believed on Christ. Meanwhile they know little of Jesus teachings, and they are far in their word, thought and deed, from being anything like him, or even wanting to be like him.

The anointing was the same as the “unction”, was the TEACHING they received from Jesus in person, or from those who were with him in person. It was the original UNDERSTANDING, of the teaching of Jesus Christ, now written in the Gospels. It was the teaching, the doctrine, they heard at the beginning, not the one being spread within their midst at the time this letter was written. That ORIGINAL TEACHING, the UNDERSTANDING, was the SEED that was to remain in them. Why? Because as Jesus said, and as I feel I must repeat over and over here and to myself, that teaching, those words WERE SPIRIT, and they were life.

Abiding in Christ’s teaching, is to abide in his word, his to abide in his spirit. To do as he said to do, is to follow his teaching, is to obey his word, is to walk by the spirit.

Many Christians (myself at one time included), talk incessantly of how the “walk by the spirit”. Yet after a full discussion of this, and multitudes of words about it, you always come away, knowing nothing. That spirit they walk by is not the spirit of Jesus Christ, because the spirit of Jesus Christ were the WORDS he spoke, his teachings, his gospel. Why? Because those words were given to him by THEE SPIRIT, God the father and creator of the universe. Those words have CREATIVE POWER!

If you do not believe those words, meaning you do not understand and obey those words, then you do not have any power to overcome sin. This is why you hear Christians doing so much arguing about how they cannot overcome sin, or can’t be perfectly sinless. They are RIGHT, they don’t because they don’t believe that they have to understand and know and apply and speak and act on his teachings. Therefore they have no power, because they do not have the same spirit Christ had.

Again John tells them to "abide in Christ", by abiding in his words and doing as he said to do.

1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

1 John 2:29 [b]If ye know that he is righteous, ye know THAT EVERY ONE THAT DOETH RIGHTEOUSNESS IS BORN OF HIM.[/b]

The false teaching knows that Jesus is righteous, but claims that you do not have to do righteousness, to be born of him. Claims YOU CANNOT DO RIGHGTEOUSNESS. Claims it’s impossible and God knows this and so Christ did it all and you don’t have to. What a lazy bunch of CROCK! This is Christian WELLFARE.

How do you know if someone is truly BORN AGAIN? Well according to the apostle John here, it's EVERYONE THAT ABIDES IN HIM, meaning abides in the truth he taught from the beginning, AND DOETH RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Did you know that Muslims are trained to memorize the Koran. How many teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ can you quote in the WHOLE and verbatem? This is what made these people John was writing to abide in him, and him in them, and gave them the strength to overcome the wicked one. Most Christians rarely and fully read the Gospels.

1John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

We may be “called” sons of God, but Jesus came to give us the power to BECOME what we are called. John 1:12. [b]“But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name.[/b]

1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

AGAIN, REMEMBER WHO HE WAS WRITING TO HERE, WHEN HE MADE THIS STATEMENT. This is not some PROMISE, that you just claim and is an instant reality. WHY, were these guys sons of God? And not just “called” sons of God? Because they had remained in the teachings of Jesus Christ, had applied them in their lives, and had overcome the WICKED ONE.

You know, don’t you, that the WICKED ONE is the Devil, and evil angel, and a spirit. You’ve got to have a lot of power to really overcome him. You’ve got to have supernatural power. What you overcome is his spirit. Just like Jesus has spirit, and that spirit was WORDS, words of God, with creative ability, so ALSO dose Satan have spirit, in the form of WORDS.

The words Jesus spoke were spirit and life, the words the devil speaks are spirit and death. When we are born into this world, our brains are basically an empty slate. But then we start learning “words”, and these words form our personalities and make us who we are.

When we come to Christ, we must hear his words, and then compare them with our words. Our words led us into all kinds of things that were contrary to what Christ said was right. We become born again, when we accept not just “HIM”, but the WORDS he spoke. Because like us, he was and is, the words he spoke. What he said, he also did.

I know that I am called by God a son of God, for he calls those things that be not as though they were. And I know that I have been given the power to BECOME what he has called me to be. And I know that this power is in his words. And I know that if I choose to take this word, and follow it, that I shall become like him, and when he comes I shall see him as he is.

If you want to have POWER, you have to have his WORDS living and abiding in you. The holy spirit that every new believer receives, when they have only heard just enough to believe on Jesus Christ, was FIRST received by men, who ALREADY knew the Words, teachings and sayings of Jesus Christ. That spirit received on the day of Pentecost, then combined with the SPIRIT they already had, which were the WORDS, they’d already received, is what gave them the POWER, we only read about.

Since that day, and the giving of the holy spirit, the process is reversed. We hear enough to believe on him, but not all of his teachings necessarily, and that bit of belief in who he was, is enough for God to bless us by giving us his Holy Spirit. THEN…..THEN…..we go on to learn the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ. Those teachings, those WORDS ARE SPIRIT.

As we learn them, as we subject ourselves to them, and begin to obey them, the holy spirit that we’ve been given, before we know much of anything, goes to work by bringing to our remembrance what we are learning. What we are learning are WORDS of the spirit that ARE SPIRIT. As we remember and apply them, our spirit, bears witness with the holy spirit that we are the children of God.

Remember the REAL YOU, consists of the words you accumulated as you grew up. When you come to Christ, you have to change many of those Words, because most of those words were words of the world, words of the devil. All words ARE SPIRIT of one kind or another. Remember he cast out spirit with his WORD. When your words, become his words and his words become your words, and you have the same understanding he did, you also shall cast out spirits with your word. Only then are we like him, because we see him as he is. We see him as he is, because we understand and know his words as he spoke them.

You and I cannot see or behold, God in this fleshly human body. In order to do that, we must in the future receive a NEW BODY. But Christ is not going to put men who walk according to the old nature, consisting of all the lying words of that old nature, in one of those new bodies. He’s going to put a new man, with a new nature, consisting of HIS WORDS, in a new body. This is our hope, not only the salvation of the soul, but of the spirit and body as well.

1 John 3:3 [b] And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.[/b]

BUT what does the false antichirst gospel say? It says your ALREADY PURE, and that you don't have to purify yourself, Christ did it all for you. Any attempt on your part at obedience is trying to be justified by the works of the law, et. et. This is why Christians never put on his WORDS, they have the holy spirit, but do not have the “SPIRIT” of Christ, meaning the WORDS of Christ.

But AGAIN, what did the apostle John state:

1 John 3:3 [b]Every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.[/b]

How do you purify yourself? Putting his words into your mind, believing and acting upon them. So you have those who practice purifying themselves, by being washed by the pure water of the Word of truth, putting off the old man of sin, and putting on the new man of righteousness. And you have those who continue to practice sin., and say they have no sin. They continue on in their old words, their old man.

1 John 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

1 John 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him (abides in his WORDS, and those WORDS abide in Him) sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

How does he take away our sin? When we are renewed in the spirit or our mind. What is the spirit of our mind? The spirit of our mind is the WORDS of our mind. THINK ABOUT IT. Can you really SEE a WORD? Yes you can write it down, yes you can say it, but can you really see a WORD?

Why don’t you speak a word out your mouth right now and see where it goes. Can you see it come out as you speak? After you spoke it, where did it go? Did it just kind of hang out in front of your face? Did a breeze or wind come along and wisk it away out of the window and over the hill? Which way did it go? This is why everyone that is born of the spirit of God, the WORDS of God, are like the WIND. Jesus was simply saying his words were SPIRIT and they were life, and the words, Nocodemus thought he knew were not of the right spirit (Word).

What had Nicodemus said: “Master WE KNOW, that thou art a teacher come from God, because no man can do these miracles except God be with him.” Nicodemus in reality did not know squat, because as we know, Jesus taught that the time would come when men would deceive others, simply by the miracles they were able to do. They would believe as Nicodemus believed, in that “other” spirit, that “other” word.

So to be “born again”, you had to get some new WORDS in you. You had to accept and believe WORDS of truth, and they had to become your words. The first century Church was very excited about this. They were anxious to get to the place in their growth, where their words agreed with the words, teachings, commandments, and sayings of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Upon initial belief they received a free gift, a holy spirit from God, to dwell with them and in them. This spirit gave them power to become the sons of God IF they could renew their minds, and put the words and teachings of the Lord in there. But their minds were full of all kinds of other words, leading to habitual sin and beliefs that were contrary to what the Lord taught.

That God would put up with this, was a gracious, and merciful thing. He adopted a bunch of reprobate rotten kids, and now just expected them to learn to be like his beloved son. Promising them, that not only would they see marvelous things in this life, but promising them a new body, an immortal body, to put their new selves in. As Jesus said, “new wine, must be put in new bottles.”

Why was the first miracle Jesus did, to turn water into wine? This miracle is recorded before the conversation Jesus had with Nicodemus. Everything Jesus did and said, builds gradually into his whole teaching, on the gospel of the Kingdom of God, by which we are saved.

One of the main things grape vines need is water. You have to have an abundance of water to get good grapes. God uses the term “water”, to represent his pure Word.

Grapes are produced from the pollination between male and female flowers. You can have male grape vines with male flowers, and female grape vines with female flowers, and grape vines that have both male and female flowers. The grape vines most desired for grape and wine production, are those with male and female flowers on the same vine. And yet there is another vine even more highly prized, which has what is called “perfect” flowers.

Perfect flowers are neither male or female, but are male and female in one flower. They take no outside source of fertilization, being perfect in and of themselves, and able to pollinate themselves and produce fruit. It is the flower of the grape vine that turns into the grape. And it is the grape that is gathered, and turned into wine.

Water poured upon the grape vine, travels up the vine and into the perfect flower, which produces the grape. That water in the grape, is then turned into wine.

You cannot bear fruit, unless you abide in the vine. Jesus gave each of us the ability to bear fruit, if we will but abide in the vine and on a daily basis continue to receive the pure waters of life, his teachings.

Grape vines also need a lot of sun light, anywhere a vine, is shaded it will not flower, and it will not bear fruit. The vine and the branches have to abide in the light.

God is waiting for you to abide in the teachings of his son, and to bear fruit for him Your fruit is born by abiding in the vine, and then when the right season comes, God will take of that fruit, by taking of you, and turn it into new wine. To do this he must put it in a new bottle, and that is your new body. If you never bear any fruit for Christ, because you did not abide in him, you will not receive the fullness of what he has promised. You must drink of the pure water of life, freely, abide in the vine and grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

John said; “Whosoever abides in him sins not.” What KIND OF SIN is he talking about? He is talking about that "committed sin" in verse 3:4, which is HABITUALLY PRACTICED AND PERFORMED SIN. And he confirms this in his next statement.

1 John 3:7 [b]Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.[/b]

Abiding in the vine, to receive the pure water of life, in the teachings of Jesus Christ, teaches you how to DO righteousness. It also gives you the power to DO righteousness, because those words are spirit and they are life.

What did the false gospel, being propounded and developed back then try and teach people? It taught them just the opposite, you are righteous, by NOT DOING RIGHTEOUSNESS." The false teaching was that you could habitually practice sin, and still be "righteous".

John continues:

1 John 3:8 He that committeth (habitually perform and practices) sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
The devil works IN YOU!

1 John 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit (habitually perfrom and practice) sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot (habitually practice) sin, because he is born of God.

You became what you became by the sum total of the words that entered your mind, from the time you were born into this world. Children may be born under the curse of Adam, they may have the sin nature. But in the second Adam, Jesus Christ, that curse is done away, and he gave you words, by which you can be born anew, and become truly as he is.

Jesus taught that the SEED, was the Word of God, the gospel, and that the same word was SPIRIT. Now what dose this same counterfit gospel teach that the SEED is? It teaches that the "seed" is “spirit”, but not the Words of Christ. They are not led by the spirit or word of Christ, they are led by “a spirit”, that is not a holy spirit, but a spirit that teaches them to deny the teachings of Christ. Even the false gospel is composed of words which are spirit, that you believe and receive.

"Words are the seeds for thoughts and deeds."

2009/8/25 19:51Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy