SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : " AN AWFUL STORM IS ON IT'S WAY " !!!

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread

Re:

Read the bible again and put the last days and latter times in their perspective place. Forsake all human reasonings and commentaries and pay attention to what the Spirit of God is saying. Listen closely.

These doctrinal positions of the last days are making us all out to be liars and the bible out to be a book of whatever you want to make it.

Why does calamity have to mean the last days?

I know I can't change your minds, I know that these teachings are so ingrained that it's almost impossible to dislodge them. We have to really want to love truth. I believe that most of you do love the truth, but very few are unwilling to be stripped of what they perceive to be truth.

There are so many denominations out there that say that they have the truth and yet can't even love their brothers who are not apart of their sect.

The word of God itself has the answers for all bible prophecy. The book of Revelation can be seen in the images that Ezekiel saw. Matthew 24 can be seen scattered throughout the Old Testament parables concerning the nations that God dealt with in those days. When Jesus rebuked the devil in the wilderness He didn't use vain repetitions or man's wisdom or any form of the philosophies of this world, but He spoke the word of God. But instead in our haste we compare microchips with scriptures, such utter nonsense.

When we read of Peter standing up on the day of Pentecost and quoting from Joel, why is it that we use the words "last days" to mean something far off in the future when He was referring to the day that He was liiving in? This is what I mean by reading the bible again and putting the words that were being spoken into their perspective place. But we don't because we love our teachings more than the word of God. We won't admit that, but that is just the way things are.

2009/8/16 23:50

Re: Calamity and the end times.....

DeepThinker wrote:

"Why does calamity have to mean the last days?"

Matt:24
For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake. And then many will be offended, will betray one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved. And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

21].. For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And unless those days were shortened, no flesh would be saved; but for the elect’s sake those days will be shortened.

"SUCH AS HAS NOT BEEN SINCE THE BEGINNING OF TIME, NO!,NOR EVER SHALL BE!"

I believe that this prophecy delivered by Jesus could be interpreted that calamity would be involved in the last days.

2009/8/17 8:49
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

1 Peter 1:20 For Christ was foreknown before the foundation of the world, but has appeared in these last times for the sake of you.

Deeper thinker could you have not stated scripture to back you post instead you accuse and lump us all into a box telling us we are all wrong, Oh and I guess you right. Is that not the very same reason that there are denominations and the like. Yet the very thing you accuse us of you are doing yourself and don't even know it.

Quote:
There are so many denominations out there that say that they have the truth and yet can't even love their brothers who are not apart of their sect.

Some of us are not a part of any denomination never have been and never will. I rememebr being asked when I was a new christian what type of Chritian are you I replied there is only one type.

Even last year at the sermon index conference in Scotland I was asked what type of evengelical are you, I replied I don't know. This was a first for me to be called "evangelical" sounds so good I want to write it again "evangelical" but I wouldn't class myself as that only a Christain, I don't get myself all tied in knot about doctrine.

Yet you Deeperthinker make us out to be in some lost position with our messed up teachings. Why are you so angry, don't you know that anger is just like murder. Matt 5:21-22 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment: But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

So don't be preaching to us about love when your acting like Mr Angry and showing no love at all.

So why did I use the words "Last Days" because that what I heard God say to me "I am raisng you up for the last days" and this is what it means to me that God has a calling for me and that he is preapring me for it, what God wants me I now know it will happen before the tribualtion but will continue through the tribulation.

So BrotherTom I see as you see the rise of the Islamic Beast and many are waking up to this truth. But I don't see a church that is in two' or three's, I see a people of victory a people who will get the victory over the beast, his name and his image a people who will live, challenge and confront the antichrist and the powers of darkness in this generation.

2009/8/17 17:00Profile

Re: Numbers and victory.

MURRCOLR WROTE:

"So BrotherTom I see as you see the rise of the Islamic Beast and many are waking up to this truth. But I don't see a church that is in two' or three's, I see a people of victory a people who will get the victory over the beast, his name and his image a people who will live, challenge and confront the Antichrist and the powers of darkness in this generation."

Just because they are a "little flock" type church, doesn't at all mean that they will not be victorious and conquer in Jesus name, fulfilling the Great Commission in holiness and awesome power..... in the face of all of Hell and the Antichrist...They surely will!

I just don't see the mega church, or large congregations around the Earth, but rather a Hebrews 11 people...[ READ IT IF YOU DON"T KNOW IT ]....[ to anybody...not murrcolr...]

"Of whom the world was not Worthy."

These were "outside the camp" type people, driven into the wilderness, as David was, to survive until they ascended behind their Savior!

I don't know all of the worldwide persecution, but I guarantee there will be some, and some martyrs. The church, as it has always been in these circumstances, was scattered, and sometimes hunted. This is not usually practical with hundreds of people .

Will you bear with me a bit with my warped sense of humor? Can you see Joel Olsteen getting the news while preaching, grinning ear to ear, when he learns of an invading army nearing his stadium crowd..20, 000 strong....just a grinning away..

"Well, church, we need to skidaddle! Jump right in your cars...and stay together, OK? I'll meet you up north somewhere; Ill be flying in my jet, but we'll meet again soon. There's an army approaching, and I have heard their a little tense...but we can just believe, that god wants you to have your best day, today, and he's for you, and you will be a success today. Really. Stay together now! Adios!"

In that day, the true church will probably be scattered. God will be her only defense, and provision...and that is where I see the two's and three's, and I used that number because Jesus did..."Where two or three are gathered in My NAME, there I will be!" Two is enough for a church for Him.....and yes...We will overcome by faith, for the Word says is a "GREAT MULTITUDE!"...NO MAN COULD EVEN NUMBER.

2009/8/17 19:09

Re:

Quote:
Deeper thinker could you have not stated scripture to back you post instead you accuse and lump us all into a box telling us we are all wrong, Oh and I guess you right. Is that not the very same reason that there are denominations and the like. Yet the very thing you accuse us of you are doing yourself and don't even know it.

:-P :-P :-P had a chuckle reading that.
Quote:
Why are you so angry, don't you know that anger is just like murder

No anger here brother!
Quote:
Some of us are not a part of any denomination never have been and never will.

Good for you, neither am I!
Quote:
what God wants me I now know it will happen before the tribulation but will continue through the tribulation.

Where is this so called 3 1/2 years of tribulation or 7 year tribulation at in the bible? Where does it say that a set number of years is called the "Great Tribulation". Jesus only spoke of a set time and that was to one of the churches in Revelation that they would have "tribulation ten days". But where is this 7 years at in the bible, find that and then come and talk turkey, otherwise your just repeating what you have heard from other preachers concerning the matter. And if my words are that of hate, I can't help the individual reading this if they feel that way, I can't control your emotions. But as far as I am concerned I am just sharing with the room.

As for the "last days", there will always be some type of last days concerning the end of a great economic system. The last Days have come to many cities and powers that were prophesied against and they are no longer existing today. As for "thee" last days being that of a prophetic time table off in the future, it's wishful thinking, for those prophecies have long been fulfilled in it's entirety. Those that continue to believe in that line of thought will always be grasping at straws. "Deferred hope maketh the heart sick".

There are those that say that the Kingdom of God is still off in the future, but Jesus preached that the Kingdom of God was "at hand". We have trouble grasping at that so we dig out the Greek to do away with these words to mean them somewhere off in the future instead of just believing them for what they are. It's just our own understanding on the subject that is darkened. And NO, I don't know everything, like you I am still learning. I don't run to commentaries and I don't run to the sermon that preaches on the subject. I simply ask our Father to reveal these hidden mysteries in Jesus name. He's not going to give me a stone if I ask for bread. Matt 10:7.

But tradition is such a hard habit to break, it is so hard to change the mind that has been so rooted in tradition.
Quote:
For then must He often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath He appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Now we have to ask ourselves the question. Did Christ appear "at the end of the world"? Did He die for the sins of the whole world "once for all"? We know that He did, so seeing that He did, what is wrong in believing also that He appeared "at the end of the world"?

We have to admit we don't understand what is being spoken here and to admit defeat here is good, it means that we still need to learn. There is nothing wrong in saying, "I don't know".

However, Waltern will be around to declare that "I am in error". At least he is consistent, I have to give him that.

God Bless

2009/8/17 21:33

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy