SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : New flu 'unstoppable', WHO says, calls for vaccine

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 New flu 'unstoppable', WHO says, calls for vaccine

[b]New flu 'unstoppable', WHO says, calls for vaccine[/b]

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – Saying the new H1N1 virus is "unstoppable", the World Health Organization gave drug makers a full go-ahead to manufacture vaccines against the pandemic influenza strain on Monday and said healthcare workers should be the first to get one.

Every country will need to vaccinate citizens against the swine flu virus and must choose who else would get priority after nurses, doctors and technicians, said Dr. Marie-Paule Kieny, WHO director of the Initiative for Vaccine Research.
Several reports showed the new virus attacks people differently than seasonal flu -- affecting younger people, the severely obese and seemingly healthy adults, and causing disease deep in the lungs.

Kieny briefed reporters on the findings of the WHO's Strategic Advisory Group of Experts on Immunization, or SAGE. "The committee recognized that the H1N1 pandemic ... is unstoppable and therefore that all ...

read more: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090713/hl_nm/us_flu_1

2009/7/14 12:21Profile

Re: New flu 'unstoppable', WHO says, calls for vaccine

Similar to the Spanish Flu of 1918 that claimed the lives of 50 Million souls worldwide. [url=http://virus.stanford.edu/uda/]Virus[/url]

2009/7/14 14:38
nearthecross

Re: New flu 'unstoppable', WHO says, calls for vaccine

I am utterly dumfounded by the magnitude of all this fear mongering and mass hysteria. The WHO and the U.S. government aren't dumb enough to outright ignore the hard facts and data (that this is a mild flu at best and hasn't been nearly as harmful as other types of current flu outbreaks)...there is obviously a huge profit to be made by the pharmaceutical industry on "swine flu" vaccines.

This is reminiscent of the 1976 swine flu "outrbreak" warnings that resulted in lawsuits totaling $1.3 million from victims of the swine flu [u]vaccine[/u]. Hundreds of people developed debilitating diseases and 25 people were killed as a result of the vaccine. Not only was it a fiasco, but the swine flu panemic itself never materialized.

I would advise anyone reading this to please not give in to the fear tactics and take the vaccine. Vaccines are not only innefective, they are laden with toxic substances like mercury which cause serious and crippling neurological diseases.

"For the love of money is a root of all evils, of which some having lusted after, they were seduced from the faith and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."
1 Timothy 6:10

"'Their throat is an open grave, with their tongues they have used deceit, the poison of asps is under their lips; whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness;' 'their feet are swift to shed blood; destruction and misery are in their way, and the way of peace they did not know.' 'There is no fear of God before their eyes.'"
Romans 3:13-18

2009/7/14 17:11Profile
White_Stone

North Central Florida

Re:

Dear nearthecross,

Quote:
I would advise anyone reading this to please not give in to the fear tactics and take the vaccine. Vaccines are not only innefective, they are laden with toxic substances like mercury which cause serious and crippling neurological diseases. "For the love of money is a root of all evils, of which some having lusted after, they were seduced from the faith and pierced themselves through with many sorrows." 1 Timothy 6:10

Those were wise words. It is probably so in my mind since this is exactly how I see what is going on now.

I fear the vaccine more than the flu.

white stone

2009/7/14 17:15Profile
rainydaygirl

Re:

I have a question, can the government make this vaccine mandatory? Can they force people to take it even if they do not want it?
rdg

2009/7/14 20:45Profile

Re:

Quote:

rainydaygirl wrote:
I have a question, can the government make this vaccine mandatory? Can they force people to take it even if they do not want it?
rdg

Not at threat of death like used to happen, but they can make it a prerequisite for utilizing any government sponsored services, such as: receiving a driver's license, registering a vehicle, green card, health services, permission to work, power, water, garbage disposal etc. Who knows whether the mark of the beast could even be a scar or mark left behind by a vaccine? Limited only by the imagination at this point.

They can't FORCE you as it were, but the the efforts to COERCE might certainly be there.

There have been talks about making it mandatory in the UK.

2009/7/14 23:34
nearthecross

Re:

Quote:
I fear the vaccine more than the flu.

It's really sad and grieving, all that is done for money nowadays...and even more so the fact that this corruption has spread to healthcare, damaging and destroying people's lives. The slogan "trust your doctor" no longer applies, as these multi-millon dollar pharmaceutical industries that scam people for their money sponsor and directly work with universities, med schools, the FDA, etc. They run the show. As far as I'm concerned, they're no better than the Word Faith/prosperity preachers that use people to get rich.

As believers we really need to raise awareness of all this. I know the Lord is sovereign, He's in complete control, and he does heal us when He wants to. But I've seen too many people's lives ruined by debilitating ailments and the drugs that don't help them but indeed make them worse...people who want to serve the Lord but are hindered severely because they believed the lie that the answer to their illnesses was in a drug. "A pill for every ill" is the common misconception of today. We really need to get back to the Bible in regards to this issue, conform our lives to the Word of God. What does the Bible say about health? That's an important question to ask.

2009/7/15 16:50Profile
passerby

Re:

As of this time a very big majority of those who got infected with the novel influenza A(H1N1)had only exhibited mild illness. They got well without being hospitalized or taking the antiviral drugs.

The health authorities are very cautious in dealing with this new virus because of its possibility to mutate into a very lethal form.

Take note that the three Influenza pandemics in the last century came in two or three waves. The first waves were marked with mild illness but the second and third waves killed millions of people:

1. Spanish flu (1918-1919) - about 50 million
deaths.
2. Asian flu (1957-1958) - about 2 or 4 million
deaths.
3. Hongkong flu (1968-1969) - 1 or 2 million
deaths.

Currently we are still in the first wave of the new influenza A(H1N1).

Well, that's how the world goes, science, politics, business, human-centered public welfare.

2009/7/16 3:50Profile
LoveGodsWay2

Ohio, USA

Re: Fight for swine flu vaccine could get ugly

[b]Fight for swine flu vaccine could get ugly[/b]

LONDON – An ugly scramble is brewing over the swine flu vaccine — and when it becomes available, Britain, the United States and other nations could find that the contracts they signed with pharmaceutical companies are easily broken.

Experts warn that during a global epidemic, which the world is in now, governments may be under tremendous pressure to protect their own citizens first before allowing companies to ship doses of vaccine out of the country.

That does not bode well for many countries, including the United States, which makes only 20 percent of the flu vaccines it uses, or Britain, where all of its flu vaccines are produced abroad.

"This isn't rocket science," said Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Diseases Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota. "If there is severe disease, countries will want to hang onto the vaccine for their own citizens."

Experts say politicians would not be able to withstand the pressure.

"The consequences of shipping vaccine to another country when your own people don't have it would be devastating," added David Fedson, a retired vaccine industry executive.

[url=http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090716/ap_on_he_me/eu_med_vaccine_fight]Full Story[/url]

2009/7/16 11:38Profile
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I never went to the doctor, but I seemed to have had most of the symptoms mentioned concerning swine flu.

I still have it, but no where severe as it has been.

The third and fourth days were the worst, when I was wondering if I would wake up in the morning.

I also had loss of appetite, extreme tiredness which caused me to fall asleep at the drop of a hat, severe coughing, which, I still have, but not as severe as before.

Other symptoms too, but I'm not going to get tedious.

I didn't go to the doctor because I thought they are already treating enough 'guinea pigs', they don't need me.

But I do belong to a vunerable group, being asthmatic that is.

But, it's a week later, and I feel so much better.

It will be a while until I'm fully recovered, but I believe the worst is over.

My son, whose 14, had it too, but he bounced back after 3 days.

But I want to thank God for His grace in keeping me alive when I thought it was over.

Thank you Jesus.

God bless.

2009/7/20 4:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy