SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : about attending church

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Quote:
That is hard to believe George Barna is peddling church growth tactics to the evangelical community. Quite the opposite, he is part of house church movement and has left the institutional church system and has not looked back. I believe he does have DVD's that help train children, lay persons with in the body to be effective leaders in there community.

I don't know if George Barna is connected to Frank Viola's PTMin, but if he is then I am sad to say that they have really been heavy inot marketing and business.

I visited Frank Viola's website recently and left a comment/question on one of his articles. It says something about reading all of the responses but not being able to respond to them all. So I figured if he answers my question, cool. If not cool.

Well, I got an answer to my question in the form of, "Very Good question. You'll find your answers in my new book....." Then I was informed that I was added to their mailing list to receive thier ministry news. Then I started getting advertisments promoting their books and conferences. I was very disappointed because they seemed to be on the right track.

2009/7/10 13:04

Re:

Quote:

Hiswill_i_am wrote:
Quote:
That is hard to believe George Barna is peddling church growth tactics to the evangelical community. Quite the opposite, he is part of house church movement and has left the institutional church system and has not looked back. I believe he does have DVD's that help train children, lay persons with in the body to be effective leaders in there community.

I don't know if George Barna is connected to Frank Viola's PTMin, but if he is then I am sad to say that they have really been heavy inot marketing and business.

I visited Frank Viola's website recently and left a comment/question on one of his articles. It says something about reading all of the responses but not being able to respond to them all. So I figured if he answers my question, cool. If not cool.

Well, I got an answer to my question in the form of, "Very Good question. You'll find your answers in my new book....." Then I was informed that I was added to their mailing list to receive thier ministry news. Then I started getting advertisments promoting their books and conferences. I was very disappointed because they seemed to be on the right track.

Yeah...I get those same emails. But Franks book, Pagan Christianity has been very profitable to my me in understanding much about the history of the church. if I could make a living writing books that people enjoyed...heck I would do it. :-)

We life in a material I guess...

2009/7/10 14:15

Re:

Pagan Christianity was also very confirming to me, as well. It just made me sad to see the same type of worldiness amongst a 'movement' which seems to be looking in the right direction, ya know? If they can't recognize the spirit which they are walking in then even though they seek to do a good thing, it's going to be doomed as a repeat of the very thing which they seem to be speaking against. They'll just become a new denomination with a different mask. This is where mixture always leads us.

2009/7/10 14:35
Miccah

Wisconsin

Re:

Check out "Revolution" by George Barna. This book was key in helping explain things to me as a very new believer transitioning into a House Church.

2009/7/10 14:55Profile

Re:

I've recommended Pagan Christianity so many times on this forum it's enough to make a fox stop chasing hens.

Have never received back a negative comment on it either. Everyone I know who has read it has had something positive to say about it.

Krispy

2009/7/10 16:03
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re: Rick Warren and the Emergant Church

This is a complex subject!
[url=http://moriel.org/MorielArchive/index.php/discernment/church-issues/purpose-driven/a-letter-to-rick-warren-on-your-statements-on-islam]A letter to Rick Waren about Islam[/url]

Moriel deals very well about the Purpose Driven Agenda which is even so brash as to try and unite with Islam!

Quote:
Things have changed were I was attending church, several new pastors have come and they are now looking to pattern themselves after Saddleback church in California. I believe Rick Warren is the pastor there. This has been coming for awhile now. I know some about their teaching style but wonder what others here thought? IF this is the only church in the area to attend besides a Mormon, or Catholic church is it better to just stay with them and keep going or to not go at all? At this point both my husband and myself are not really sure what we should do. We don't agree with the growth stuff(wanting to attract big crowds), or the attitudes that sin is not a big deal. We have been praying about this for awhile now.

rdg

I would get out of that Church as fast as you can! We use to go to a church that was into the Toronto Blessing when we used to tell non Christians what was going on they thought it was crazy!
There are many Threads on this site I think that deal with Rick Warren!
There are probably many people like minded who also want to leave!
Get out DOm

2009/7/11 19:21Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Quote:
it would be labeled a cult by every pulpit in America.

And it may well be true, too, unfortunately.

House church is not the cure for what ails American Christianity. Repentance is, and I am sure all will agree on this. One must needs be open minded about where God's people meet for worship lest you become distracted by a mindset that is closed to where God is leading you. It could be in a cave, in a home, a barn, a brush arbor, or a churchhouse. The building is not what makes a church: it is people.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

2009/7/11 22:31Profile
dunlow64God

Re:

Amen and amen ginnyrose...the people are the church...no matter where they choose to gather!!! REPENTANCE has become a four-letter word in a lot of "churches" these days...we definitely need repenting! I pray for a spirit of repentance to settle over ALL churches no matter where they choose to meet!!! And not just churches, but homes, businesses, restaurants, grocery stores, how about the whole nation!!! Why not the whole world!!! Before it's too late! (I've been studying the book of Jeremiah...can you tell??? :-D )

In Christ,
Wendy :-)

2009/7/11 22:45Profile
rbanks

Re:

Quote:

ginnyrose wrote:
Quote:
it would be labeled a cult by every pulpit in America.

And it may well be true, too, unfortunately.

House church is not the cure for what ails American Christianity. Repentance is, and I am sure all will agree on this. One must needs be open minded about where God's people meet for worship lest you become distracted by a mindset that is closed to where God is leading you. It could be in a cave, in a home, a barn, a brush arbor, or a churchhouse. The building is not what makes a church: it is people.

Blessings,
ginnyrose

Very well stated sister and I do believe is true to the word of God.

Blessings to you!

2009/7/11 22:45Profile

Re:

Amen, ginnyrose.

2009/7/12 1:21

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy